Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S08:E11 - Molt Down

Will Guide

The Molt Down  

107 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the episode?

• This episode stinks worse than the Molt Smell (HATE IT!)
    • This episode makes me break out in itchy red spots. (Dislike it)
    • This episode was OKAY! Sorry, volume shifts (Meh)
    • This episode adds a splash of color to my day (Like it)
    • Like Spike can now, this episode SOARS! (LOVE IT!)

Just now, PathfinderCS said:

SPIKE WAS BETTER BEFORE WINGS! SHOW IS RUINED FANDOM IS SINKING!!

I hope you're joking!:sealed:

• Brohoof 3

You'd think Rarity would have developed a fear of heights by now given how many times she's plummetted to her possible doom from hundreds of feet in the air. I think this would the fifth or sixth time so far.

Twilight being badass, some insight into dragon biology, Zecora and Spike getting the Ma. Larson treatment, all and all this was a pretty great episode. Digs up memories of my own teenage years. Long story short, it wasn't pretty...

Plus, Dash has a new flying buddy, now!   

• Brohoof 5

I enjoyed this episode, Spike got his wings, Zecora and Peewee in this episode, Smolder helping Spike on being a dragon, it was a good episode.

I liked how Twilight said, "Well this isn't the DragonLands and Molt Effect or No, I don't want you going anywhere." It defiantly shows how much Twilight, Rarity, and Zecora care for Spike. I wonder if RainbowDash, Fluttershy, Thorax, Ember, and maybe Celestia and Luna will give Spike flying lessons.

Spike's character will improve, but, as long as he's the same Spike we all know, just like Twilight was still Twilight when she got her wings, I can handle Spike having wings.

• Brohoof 3

5 minutes ago, SwitchGuy2018 said:

I hope you're joking!:sealed:

I am; it just had to be done. :D

• Brohoof 2

It'll be a while before I collect my thoughts, but right now…

Molt Down >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Magical Mystery Cure.

Spike *from jar*: YOU HAVE NO IDEA!

The squashing and stretching really sells the joke. XD

• Brohoof 4

It's obvious that Smolder is just trolling Spike. One word: Ember. Ember went through the Molt before she and Spike even met, and yet she still lived with her dad at least up to that episode.

• Brohoof 5

Seeing Spike go through his growth and gain his wings made me think of two things:

1. Teen Titans Season 2's "Transformation," in which Starfire gets ridiculous changes all over her body, only to be encased in a cocoon, and get Laser Eyes.

2. Beast Wars: TransFormers Season 3's "Feral Scream," in which Cheetor evolves into TransMetal 2! Even has a great line from Rattrap: "Oh joy, Cyber-puberty."

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

It's obvious that Smolder is just trolling Spike. One word: Ember. Ember went through the Molt before she and Spike even met, and yet she still lived with her dad at least up to that episode.

I mean ember would probably troll spike like that too 

• Brohoof 3

Seriously though; this is just ANOTHER great episode of season 8. Three episodes thus far; we've had a great season. Bring on more! :D

• Brohoof 4

Sometimes the lack of background score can really affect the experience. For Molt Down, it completely changes the tone. The chase scene is way more intense here than in the leaked version.

• Brohoof 3

Had this not been leaked this wold have been grate. I did know spike got his wings but not in what episode but still I wish I did not know that at all. I envy anyone that did not know this was going to happen.

Re-watching the episode. Rarity's advice to not get Zecora's shampoo's a small reference to Mane Thing.

Also, back when I first watched MD months ago, I criticized Rarity's sudden hearing loss. Well, it properly explained the source (something I missed): the feather slowly caused her an ear infection.

• Brohoof 3

27 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I think Molt Down may have just tied with Gauntlet of Fire as my favorite Spike episode of the series.

Same here.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

You have no sense of sarcasm, do you?

That's my opinion man.....He should've say goodbye to them by leaving Ponyville for good....