Non-Compete Clause  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Like or Dislike?

• Twilight: "Applejack, Rainbow Dash! If you EVER attempt to sacrifice the safety of OUR students again, you're fired!" (I HATE IT! >__<)
    • Gallus: *stops Dash and AJ's argument inside the school hall* "Y'know, Ponyvillagers once told me you two took part in singing a song called 'Flawless.' Perhaps you should stop arguing, recognize your lust to be better is a problem, and fix your teaching skills so you don't try to drown Yona or get us lost in the woods again." (I dislike it!)
    • Smolder: "Days like today make me wish Neighsay supervised the School." (…meh…)
    • Yona: "Pony trip not bad, after all!" (I like it!)
    • Ocellus: *refuses to rescind her nomination of Rainbow Dash and AJ for Teachers of the Month* (I LOVE IT! <3)

I finally got around to watching this episode...

The Rainbow Dash and Applejack rivalry was fine, although it did go a bit too far at some points, especially towards the end where they were constantly agreeing with each other - That part got a bit old. I also wasn't a fan on how they pretty much learnt nothing at then end. As for positives, I did like the contributions the Student Six made throughout the episode, especially Ocellus shifting into a Biteacuda. I also liked the gag at the beginning where Fluttershy kept winning the teacher of the month award. Although I found it amusing when Pinkie Pie refers to a flower point being able to better model the importance of working as a team, than RD and AJ. 

The episode had a few issues, but I still enjoyed it.

Upon rewatch this isn't nearly as enjoyable as it was the first time.

Stuff like Rainbow and Applejack's expressions when Yona is drowning and Rainbow and Applejack being made into such idiots that they trap themselves and have to be rescued by their students are still amazingly stupid, but rewatching exposed how boring the first half is. It's just a very typical teacher/employee of the month competition story. The episode doesn't become guilty pleasure worthy until around halfway through. Also, I don't like the students. All they do is spout out unfunny one liners and their charm has worn out for me. Aside from Yona taking the lead during the nature walk, they don't do anything funny.

Score: -6/10

Badges

Wow. What a bad episode. I understand that some episodes can be boring, but in this episode AJ and RD didn't even learn anything. The jokes weren't funny, either.

Badges

They could literally toke the Spongebob episode "Employee of the Month" and just crop RD and AJ's faces on top of Spongebob and Squidward and it'd still be an improvement

On 12/12/2018 at 11:09 AM, This Whomps said:

They could literally toke the Spongebob episode "Employee of the Month" and just crop RD and AJ's faces on top of Spongebob and Squidward and it'd still be an improvement

That way they wouldn't be endangering the lives of minors.

Jesus Christ, worst applejack/RD episode ever.  

Yeah. It's as bad as everyone says. Rainbow and Applejack are made into complete idiots, the entire thing is just a poor man's version of Fall Weather Friends and the subplot from Castle-Mania, and Twilight is stupid.

The entire episode plays out in the most obvious way possible. Every single dialogue exchange and joke is so bland. And it doesn't help that the Student Six are here since they're just as boring as the jokes they're spewing out.

There is some entertainment on a guilty pleasure level of seeing just how stupid Rainbow and Applejack become, but it's not much.

Score: 3/10

Badges

This episode is not as bad as people make it out to be, but RDs and AJs conflict is exaggerated too much and the story is just not interesting enough. Still, this episode had some entertaining moments. 4\10.