Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Break Up Break Down  

98 users have voted

1. 1. Like or Dislike?

• Sugar Belle: *stops once wagon wheel falls off, sniffles* "All the rotten luck!" (I HATE IT! >__<)
    • Discord: "Please! Can't you see that that holiday is a commercialized ruse pushed on you by the greeting card industry?" (I dislike it!)
    • Discord: "Well, you two have certainly bought into that romance nonsense hook, line, and sinker." Spike *deadpan*: "For a former friendless, immortal despot, you're pretty cynical." (…meh…)
    • Spike: "Aw, c'mon! You may act tough, but deep down, you're a softie. I mean, you don't have tea with Fluttershy every weekend because you like tea." (I like it!)
    • Sweetie Belle: "Ah, it's funny. I've been sitting here feeling sorry for myself for not having a special pony on Hearts and Hooves Day. But…remembering all the fun we had…I think I have two special ponies… My two best friends." AB & Scoots: "Awww!" *all three hug* (I LOVE IT! <3)

Discord: "Please! Can't you see that that holiday is a commercialized ruse pushed on you by the greeting card industry?"

That line is way too classic. XD

• Brohoof 3

Discord: "Well, you two have certainly bought into that romance nonsense hook, line, and sinker."

Spike *deadpan*: "For a former friendless, immortal despot, you're pretty cynical."

Spike: "Aw, c'mon! You may act tough, but deep down, you're a softie. I mean, you don't have tea with Fluttershy every weekend because you like tea."

Snarky Spike = greatest Spike. XD

Those lines are hilarious! XD

• Brohoof 1

If I was in episode as the Will Guides, you can bet I would let my Changeling Soulmate feast on the love filling up the air. Everyone in Ponyville already know C. Will Guide by this point, and they would share it with him No harm to the ponies.

You can't blame Mac for being all in; poor fella. D:

• Brohoof 1

*sees Derpy misdeliver Big Mac's package and the CMC get involved in yet another disastrous Hearts and Hooves Day subplot*

35ptyq.jpg

*keeps watching*

d99

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Spike: "As a great dragon once wrote to his beloved,

'I love you with the utmost clarity,

I love you, dear,

My sweet, sweet Rari—"

Are you even listening?!"

LMAO! XD

>BM's heart literally breaks, faints

Discord *deadpan*: You're right. She did surprise him.

:lol:

Edited by Dark Qiviut

Still waiting for the CMC subplot to completely implode everything like...

5bf2b286bd26df03ef1bd83c201a1835.gif

16b.png

Sugar Belle and Big Mac are just too cute together. It's break my heart to see that end.

That little moment between them at the end...ahhhhhhh. <3

• Brohoof 2

This episode like the other leaked episodes, I made sure not to see before the day it was released in the US.  Hearing good things about this episode, I was a bit curious to see how things would play out.  As someone who actually liked the episode where Big Mac and Sugar Belle become a couple, I was wondering how their relationship would continue to develop in here.

Outside of that, I have to say that I definitely did enjoy this episode.  Discord hating Hearts and Hooves Day was funny, Spike was great here as well, Sugar Belle lampooning the episode's moral, and Discord's last lines were pretty funny as well.  Overall I have to say that The Break Up Break Down was great.

HOLY SHIT, LYRABON'S CANON!!! :muffins:

THAT MEANS BOTH BEST BACKGROUND PONY SHIPS ARE NOW CANON, YAY (and if anyone says Derpy and the Doctor isn't canon after the 100th episode, I WILL FIGHT YOU!!! :angry:)!!! 

OK, seriously though, that episode was amazing and the best episode of Season 8 thus far, bar none.  One of the best Discord episodes in some time.  The Ponyville bro squad is officially one of the greatest and under-utilized parts of MLP:FiM.

• Brohoof 3

I enjoyed the episode. It shows that communications problems can lead to misunderstandings. 

The Sugar Mac ship encountered a storm, but survived. 

It was great to hear more speaking lines from Big Mac. 

I hope that Big Mac gets more episodes in the future. 

• Brohoof 1

So glad they revisited this holiday in Equestria. I really enjoyed this episode...

• Discord and his usual antics, but also trying to help Big Mac in his own way.
  • Big Mac actually talking and not just whispering and doing "eyup"s
  • Lyra and Bon Bon confirmed
  • The whole Skelenore routine

The only thing that seemed unnecessary to me was the CMC subplot that just pulled time away from the main episode. IMO, that would have served better as an episode all on its own and not shoehorned into this one. It in no way ruined the episode or even really hurt it, just felt pointless... well, except for the part where Sweetie was speaking to Snips and Snails... that was priceless.

• Brohoof 3

Well, I haven't seen the completed episode yet, but I saw it when it was leaked. TBUBD's incredible. Very hilarious with great heart. I'll talk more about it when it's done.

Meanwhile, have a poll. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Oh look. Big Mac misinterpreting something and making a fool of himself for no reason. At least with Brotherhooves Social, his heart was in the right place trying to reclaim his role in Apple Bloom's life and in Hearts and Hooves Day, he had a good unavoidable reason for making an idiot of himself. I had a feeling SugarMac would be poison for Big Mac's character, and as usual, i'm right.

So I saw the new MLP episode with Big Mac and Sugar Belle and really liked it. I thought it was paced very well and it was so nice to see Big Mac get an episode. It was great to see the dynamic between Spike,Big Mac and Discord again. It adds some nice male energy to the show. Spike standing on top of Big Mac was adorable. I liked the lesson on communication. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Breakup Breakdown Shakedown written by Nick Confalown 

So maybe we forget that disaster last week ever happens and just talk about how nice this episode is. 

I am not going to call it the next Perfect Pear or anything but I will say it's certainly it's a damn sight better than what we have been getting. This episode is very nice and I may be not giving it enough credit cause mentally looking back through it I can't think of anything I disliked expect for RP obsessed discord. I never liked that angle ever since Dungeons & Discords which I think was also written by Nick. Certainly not his best and not one I would reference but it was used to clever effect here so I'll give it a pass.

I like that they brought Sugar Belle back and it's nice to hear Big Mac say more than just "Eyep." That's what I really like about Big Mac focused episodes, you get to hear him say more than one word and it's nice. Did I also mention how hecking cute Sugar Belle is? cause she is so adorable! She should have more screen time and appear in more episodes me thinks.

I also like the sub-plot with the CMC getting the pie meant for Sugar Belle. It didn't end like I thought it would though. I thought they would mention it being a pie while Big Mac was hiding and he would pop out like "What?" Despite that not happening I still like the ending it had even if I would have preferred it be different.

Good episode 7.4/10 
Let's please have some more cause Season 8 has been really lacking 

Edited by Zantetsuken

(edited)

They are making development in Big Mac's character in small doses. This episode did it's job.

Maybe in a future episode, Big Mac can rescue Sugar Belle from a dangerous situation and become a hero.

Edited by BrawnyCharger
  • Brohoof 1

32 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

Wait, Sugar Belle's already a baker with her own self-run bakery. Why would she want to apprentice under Mrs. Cake?

Because her bakery is a lot smaller, probably has more limited stock, and serves a far smaller amount of customers than Sugarcube Corner does.  Ponyville may be small, but it's not from what we've seen a, "Has one main street and that's it" kind of small like Starlight's Village where Sugar Belle's still living is.  So it makes sense that Sugar Belle would decide that there's plenty she can learn from Mrs. Cake, a baker with decades more experience running a successful business than she has.  She clearly won't be apprenticing in the same way that Pinkie Pie did when she moved to Ponyville, this feels like it'll be more like a fellowship, internship, or entry level job that someone takes on when they're already a doctoral student, if you will.

• Brohoof 5