Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You think ponies would be scared of our weather?

Bendy

Would ponies would be scared of our weather?  

23 users have voted

1. 1. Would the ponies be scared of our weather?

• Yes.
    • No.

Do you think the ponies would be scared of our weather? By the simple fact the weather happens without any intervention and it can't really be controlled. Not to mention, natural disasters, the kind of which that kills people and reeks havoc on infrastructure.

Edited by Bendy

Weather and nature in general are things that any competent villain should be using against ponies. With a few surgical strikes you'd have them wasting all their magic and resources on a mindless, ageless foe that knows no mercy. Unshackle the land and let it tuck away the starving wretches under its blanket of white and green. Such cruelty is the true face of harmony.

In the S1 premiere, the Everfree's auto-weather was mentioned as one reason for its 2edgy4u reputation.

And in the S6 premiere, an auto-blizzard was the main "villain."

Edited by A.V.

Pretty sure being scared of the weather and being scared of inability to control it as it was done so far are two different things. Consider this a sense, an inborn ability. If you suddenly were stripped of your sight, you wouldn't be scared of the world around you, the world itself didn't change. It's your perceiving of it that's changed, and your abilities to function. They could be scared and confused that they have no influence on it, but the weather itself isn't anything they haven't experienced.

Considering we are ALL scared of cataclysmic disasters, I don't find it fair to judge them based on these extremes.

Other than that, they would just need time to adjust and that's all. So my answer is no.

• Brohoof 1

Time after time we've seen them show fear towards the unknown, which the Everfree Forest with it's uncontrolled weather and wild life embodied. Nowadays it's acknowledged as an untamed area but they know what to expect at this point.

Our weather is on a completely different level of destructive power than theirs however. We not only lack control over the most basic of conditions, but we have extreme weather events with proper tornadoes, blizzards, droughts, flash floods, hurricanes, all of which are seasonal and seem to be getting worse as time goes on.

They might be scared of the truly devastating weather patterns that affect the globe on occasion but not so much anything deemed minor.

I wonder if the non-pegasus ponies would have found our weather more welcome back in the days before the pony races became unified. Back then, the weather was entirely under the control of a separate nation of pegasi that often had very tense relations with the other ponies. At that point in time, it might have been more relaxing for the earth ponies and unicorns to live in a world where weather couldn't be controlled than to live in fear that if they say the wrong thing to the pegasi they could get targeted by a hurricane or something.

I think what would frighten them more is that we don't control it and, from their perspective, let it level our cities.

I mean, all we can really do is just predict where storms are going and, if needed, push to evacuate people away from those areas.

If there is one thing they'd probably be impressed by though, it would have to be our early warning systems. Everything from radar to the emergency alert system is all designed primarily with weather-related emergencies in mind.

article-2018269-0D22140200000578-397_964x660.jpg

I don't really see the reason why they should be afraid, I mean a third of a population can literally control weather any way they want. It's not like our weather is magic resistant.

I think even ponies with magical abilities would be scared of intense storms or at least natural disasters. Even though they've already seen quite a lot in their own world, there are suspicious things going on over here just as well. :sunny:

I'm sure they would be freaked out by the inconsistency. One day it'll be nice outside with a little heat and the next day could be freezing cold. Considering they take the seasons seriously, I can't imagine how our weather wouldn't drive them crazy.

Yes because our weather works naturally in their would they create the weather the way our weather works would freak them out

This would especially freak them out

1200px-AbingdonTornado_2.JPG

hurricane_wilma_21_oct_2005_1625z.jpg

Edited by NathanW200

• 2 years later...