Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Flim and Flam in Season 5 finale

Wonderbolt Slipstream

I don't see what's really wrong with Flim and Flams timeline in the season 5 finale other then they became capitalist and AJ lost the farm, that's waaaaay better then the other timelines where the world is destroyed/sent into chaos. I guess I'm just asking why it's in there?

IMG_5053.JPG

I wouldn't say that's a dream future either – they're polluting Equestria and destroying nature for their own gain.

6 minutes ago, SwitchGuy2018 said:

I thought it was more like a joke. Like saying jaywalking is just as bad if not worse than arson and murder

That's the way I see it too – the scene is a little unexpected compared to the other futures, and it's nice for fans to see more characters from previous episodes return. Probably also the reason why this scene is shorter than most of the alternative futures (Tirek's scene was short too, but I think the few seconds we saw of that were enough to see what it was like).

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 3

You don't see what's really wrong with their timeline? Sure it's not the worst of them, but the sky has literally gone dark with factory smoke and they're tearing a tree out of the ground. It's clear that equestria has been environmentally scarred for the purpose of personal gain. Think about it. Equestria is no longer the shining beacon of the world. It's air is heavy with smog. It's become a miserable landscape that likely has had adverse effects on the populations health. Things have gotten so bad and continue to get worse because Flim and Flam have probably monopolized industry to the point that you don't purchase their goods because you want them but because you need them to get by. By the time they move on the land could be so ravaged that it can't be used anymore. You need to think of the bigger picture. These alternate timelines are variations of what could have been to the extreme. Look beyond what you initially see and think what's the worst thing that could have resulted from this.

• Brohoof 2

14 minutes ago, SharpWit said:

You don't see what's really wrong with their timeline? Sure it's not the worst of them, but the sky has literally gone dark with factory smoke and they're tearing a tree out of the ground. It's clear that equestria has been environmentally scarred for the purpose of personal gain. Think about it. Equestria is no longer the shining beacon of the world. It's air is heavy with smog. It's become a miserable landscape that likely has had adverse effects on the populations health. Things have gotten so bad and continue to get worse because Flim and Flam have probably monopolized industry to the point that you don't purchase their goods because you want them but because you need them to get by. By the time they move on the land could be so ravaged that it can't be used anymore. You need to think of the bigger picture. These alternate timelines are variations of what could have been to the extreme. Look beyond what you initially see and think what's the worst thing that could have resulted from this.

So the weather is a bit bad, but I'm sure the pegasi can clean it up! I'm sure that day they were slacking just a bit, plus we may not see them replanting trees they tear up. But you're right, it looks a bit bad, but atleast it's not the end of the world.

I believe it's just a joke, but the world heating up and trees being pulled out of earth is really bad. Just imagine that being done to our... Nevermind.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Slipstream95 said:

So the weather is a bit bad, but I'm sure the pegasi can clean it up! I'm sure that day they were slacking just a bit, plus we may not see them replanting trees they tear up. But you're right, it looks a bit bad, but atleast it's not the end of the world.

That's not weather, that's smoke, and the only way they're going to get rid of it is to stop producing it and let it fully settle, or have constant rain, which will likely react with compounds in the smoke, turn the rain acidic, which will then dissolve and wash away nutrients before plants can use them, and introduce toxins, essentially killing the soil.

• Brohoof 1