Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Done with Nintendo

StormBlaze

2 minutes ago, SmokeSong said:

Well I'm not saying that is what they have lost touch, like I mean controllers and things like that.

Nintendo hasn't lost touch. They've vastly improved, I mean just look at switch sales.

1 minute ago, Celli said:

Nintendo hasn't lost touch. They've vastly improved, I mean just look at switch sales.

Well I honestly still prefer Xbox and PlayStation over Nintendo. It's mostly because I can get games on they Xbox in better quality on Nintendo. This would prove with Skyrim on the Nintendo switch. The pixel quality is kinda suck, even though I was honestly surprised Nintendo released that an Skyrim game could be played on the Switch.

Just now, SmokeSong said:

Well I honestly still prefer Xbox and PlayStation over Nintendo. It's mostly because I can get games on they Xbox in better quality on Nintendo. This would prove with Skyrim on the Nintendo switch. The pixel quality is kinda suck, even though I was honestly surprised Nintendo released that an Skyrim game could be played on the Switch.

Better quality is irrelevant, Switch also has more games than the Xbox.

2 minutes ago, Celli said:

Better quality is irrelevant, Switch also has more games than the Xbox.

Probably original games Nintendo made. I very likely doubt The switch has more game available the the Xbox one. But on other news I'm dropping out of the conversation.

Edited by SmokeSong

Just now, SmokeSong said:

Probably original games Nintendo made. I very likely doubt The switch has more game available the the Xbox one.

It has way more exclusives. Plus third party games like Doom and Wolfenstein 2, and it's getting Dark Souls Remastered.

And as I said, Switch sales are far outpacing the Xbox and could easily outsell it this year. The switch offers stuff the Xbox doesn't, and even Xbox's three exclusives are on PC, and you can get all it's third party games on the PC and PS4.

There is no reason to own an Xbox One over PS4, PC or Switch.

I feel jaded as a gamer. Nothing really excites me anymore when it comes to gaming. I like Nintendo as much as the other gaming companies, but at this point, I would be okay with never playing another Nintendo series again. Every thing feels kind of been there, done that to me and that isn’t specifically aimed just at Nintendo, but the other two as well. I bought a Wii U within months of its release and I have to say it was one of the most disappointing systems I have ever owned. I really thought they were going to have more third party support for the Wii U based on what games launched on the system. Ironically, the Switch has it now. However, I am not really interested in picking up a Switch. I know a lot of people like portability, but this a feature I could really care less about. I have just never been a big fan of portables...even if you can play console-ish quality Doom on it.

Edited by joanro

14 hours ago, Celli said:

It has way more exclusives. Plus third party games like Doom and Wolfenstein 2, and it's getting Dark Souls Remastered.

And as I said, Switch sales are far outpacing the Xbox and could easily outsell it this year. The switch offers stuff the Xbox doesn't, and even Xbox's three exclusives are on PC, and you can get all it's third party games on the PC and PS4.

There is no reason to own an Xbox One over PS4, PC or Switch.

You do realize this thread is about Nintendo and NOT Xbox, right? Nobody cares that you hate Xbox with a burning passion. We can bring up Xbox or PC or whatever else all we want, but it does nothing to change the fact that Nintendo is behind several years in many ways with the Switch.

28 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

You do realize this thread is about Nintendo and NOT Xbox, right? Nobody cares that you hate Xbox with a burning passion. We can bring up Xbox or PC or whatever else all we want, but it does nothing to change the fact that Nintendo is behind several years in many ways with the Switch.

I don't remember asking for your fucking opinion.

2 minutes ago, Celli said:

I don't remember asking for your fucking opinion.

Well, I gave it anyway. Simply put, we can constantly do the song and dance of 'company y does this worse than company z' but it doesn't do anything about the issue that this thread is focused on: Nintendo's incompetence. We are in 2018 and on the Switch, we can't message our friends or back up our saves in any capacity whatsoever. That's only a couple of issues out of many. I can bring up Playstation's anti-consumer practices, or Xbox's bullshit obsession with PUBG, but bringing those things up do nothing in discussing the problem with Nintendo. That is of course running in circles as well, but at least it will pertain to the topic at hand.

On 13/04/2018 at 7:54 AM, ignore pls said:

Good job, OP, you got me to log into this cursed site again.

Go on. Explain these gimmicks.

I like how literally everybody who brings this up willfully ignore that Sony is "guilty" of the same "problem" with the PS4. In the first two years of the PS4's life, it got:

• Planetside 2 (PC port)
  • Loadout (PC port)
  • Last of Us Remastered (PS3 port)
  • Final Fantasy VII (PC port of a PS1 game)
  • Final Fantasy X (PS3 remaster of a PS2 game)
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 (PSP port)
  • Resident Evil (PC port of a GameCube game that was a remake of a PS1 game)
  • DmC: Devil May Cry (PS3 port)
  • Grand Theft Auto V (PS3 port)
  • Devil May Cry 4 (PS3 port)
  • Dark Souls 2 (PS3 port)
  • Metro Redux (ports of PS3 games)
  • Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (PS3 game)
  • Dishonored Definitive Edition (PS3 game)
  • Deadpool (PS3 port)

And that's just a small selection of the ports and remasters the PS4 received. It was called the "Portstation 4" for a reason. Although, it's almost like people don't like bringing that up because it invalidates that entire argument f05.png

Also, OP, you bring up that the Switch is "gimmicky" but you never elaborate on them and then go on about the 3DS and Wii U, then you go on about other platforms and bring up that you feel the PS4 has "better" exclusives, which is entirely subjective rather than the objective fact you present it as. But, please, explain these gimmicks without digressing again.

I just really dont like the focus on motion controlls and using wand like controllers. I like just having the one basic controller. No gadgets to it. Just let me sit there and play the games. 

My major dissapointment with nintendos games is that its the same thing over again. Ie mario party games in particular. Personally i feel the strongest games stopped at the Gamecube. They have very few atual new game concepts today. 

1 hour ago, StormBlaze said:

I just really dont like the focus on motion controlls and using wand like controllers. I like just having the one basic controller. No gadgets to it. Just let me sit there and play the games. 

My major dissapointment with nintendos games is that its the same thing over again. Ie mario party games in particular. Personally i feel the strongest games stopped at the Gamecube. They have very few atual new game concepts today. 

That's like playing certain wii games that requires motion controls including the wii motion sensor attachment, but you can't turn them off and some require more than just 1 controller like the nunchuk attachment for instance. Some games with motion controls can be turned off and/or using a different controller(s) so that all depends on the game's play style, but it'll make your arms tired out even when you're playing warioware smooth moves for the wii, you're forced to do the forms to play the games. For wii and wii-u Virtual Console games, you only need wii classic controller and pro controller for the wii-u. LoZ BotW required the wii-u gamepad and switch system and joy-con controllers to do one of those apparatus puzzles in the shrines which is also motion sensored as well, but it can get hard to rotate the apparatus puzzles.

As of Mario party game goes, well as a player who plays Mario party games, i just don't go beyond Mario party 1-3 for N64, Mario party 5 for GCN, mario party advance for GBA, and mario part DS for any model of the DS system including the wii-u Virtual Console. I just play and enjoy them for fun, but if you want a challenge, you should set the CPU difficulty to hard or intense or expert For me, i just play casual, but when it comes to team play, I just set my CPU teammate to hard, intense or expert and put the opposing CPU team on easy.

Gamecube games did offer much such as Pokémon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness, Tales of Symphonia, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Kirby Air Ride, LoZ: WW, Metroid prime 1 and 2, Skies of Arcadia Legends, Paper Mario: TTYD, Super Mario Sunshine, Pokémon Channel, Animal Crossing (which was a originally doubutsu no mori for N64), Harvest Moon: A Magical Melody, Mario Party 5, pikmin 1-2, final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Star Fox Assault, and Warioware mega party games so yeah i played a lot of these games so it's pretty much that these GCN games were my strongest games by most played.

New Nintendo games can be tried out once, and some of them may have a demo when available so you can try the games out although it may be gameplay may be limited including the number of time you can play the game, but for pokken DX, it's the number of battles although in some stores with pokken DX demo, you can play the demo anytime you want although for the switch system itself, Probably you're limited to like around 10~20 battles regardless if you win or lose.

7 hours ago, StormBlaze said:

There's no focus on motion. You can use the joycons like a regular controller. Really, you're blowing hot air and judging a console you've never played.

Also the last part is blatantly untrue. By that logic every PlayStation franchise is the same thing over again. Give the console a chance.

• Brohoof 2

I was done with Nintendo a long time ago. I still love a lot of their classic games and see some things I am interested in, but just the same with Playstation and XBox,not enough to buy a new console that will most likely be hampered by poor or obnoxious company decisions. I do see a lot of changes happening in some of their business practices though, so one day I could return, but for now I am happy where I am at.

58 minutes ago, Celli said:

There's no focus on motion. You can use the joycons like a regular controller. Really, you're blowing hot air and judging a console you've never played.

To be fair, there is still focus on motion. As I've said previously, it is absolutely nothing like on the Wii, where motion control was forced on so many unnecessary games. However, to say that there is no focus on it is disingenuous. Nintendo has improved and in the majority of cases motion control is now an option and not forced. However, Nintendo certainly did make a big deal about their new motion control features when presenting the Switch, and even in major games like Breath of the Wild, motion control is forced to do certain shrines. No matter whether you're playing it on the Wii U, playing it on the Switch with the Joy Cons, or playing it on the Switch with the Pro Controller - there is no getting past it.

It's really not fair to cast aside Nintendo because of this, but again, it's still not perfect, and Nintendo certainly advertised it from the beginning. They still want to focus on motion control.

10 minutes ago, Envy said:

To be fair, there is still focus on motion. As I've said previously, it is absolutely nothing like on the Wii, where motion control was forced on so many unnecessary games. However, to say that there is no focus on it is disingenuous. Nintendo has improved and in the majority of cases motion control is now an option and not forced. However, Nintendo certainly did make a big deal about their new motion control features when presenting the Switch, and even in major games like Breath of the Wild, motion control is forced to do certain shrines. No matter whether you're playing it on the Wii U, playing it on the Switch with the Joy Cons, or playing it on the Switch with the Pro Controller - there is no getting past it.

It's really not fair to cast aside Nintendo because of this, but again, it's still not perfect, and Nintendo certainly advertised it from the beginning. They still want to focus on motion control.

I guess so. But yeah, it's certainly not forced into games and is relatively minor. I guess that's what I mean when I say there's not a focus on motion. It's a feature but not the focal point of the console like the Wii.

Even then it's not even really motion control, mostly gyroscopic controls.

Edited by Celli

Nintendo has been relatively the same company ever since their time on the 1980s. Gimmicks are what they're good at when observing some of the other accessories they released for the NES e.g. Power Pad (Precursor to The Wii Fit), Light Gun, U-Force etc etc. Also, let's not forget the Super Scope for the Super Nintendo. Granted buying them was optional since the controller was generally enough to beat most of the games, but still it was pretty cool.

Bear in mind Nintendo before being a Video Game Company used to be a Card and Toy company. So the whole idea of them selling their gimmicks to make the gamer's experience enhanced might have a point after all.

Nowadays, Nintendo is having a hard time adapting to the new gaming era that has been cultivated by the influence of Playstation and Xbox. That and some of Nintendo's Presidents in Japan passing away too soon when they were needed the most e.g. Hiroshi Yamauchi and Satoru Iwata. Let's just hope the New President Tatsumi Kimishima knows what he's doing.

Edited by ZethaPonderer
Typo on Super Scope for NES when it should be for SNES. Added further info.

@ZethaPonderer

Considering the sales of the Switch, I'd say he knows exactly what he's doing.

The system is outpacing Xbone sales as I said and at the rate it's going it will outsell it this year if not next year. 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Celli said:

Also the last part is blatantly untrue. By that logic every PlayStation franchise is the same thing over again. Give the console a chance.

For the record i said we OWN a switch but its my partners really. I just really cant find a reason to like it. 

46 minutes ago, StormBlaze said:

For the record i said we OWN a switch but its my partners really. I just really cant find a reason to like it. 

There are more games coming to it. You just need to look at what's coming. And again, don't accuse Nintendo of doing the same thing over and over when Sony is no better. There are new games coming to it that are returns to franchises that haven't had a major title in years, Metroid Prime 4, and franchises doing new things like Zelda.

And again, criticising the Switch for having multiple ports is hypocritical of you, considering that's the only thing the PS4 had at the start.

I always bought Nintendo consoles because i think they’re the best game developers in the industry, and last year they had one of their best years ever. I don’t think the Switch is perfect but it shows a lot of promise, it still needs to improve 3rd party relationships but again the Switch shows promise as it’s getting games from franchises that have never appeared on Nintendo platforms, from devs that have never or barely developed for them(like Bethesda), and they still continue to surprise with their games, both new and old. And their first party input for the future looks really good, with the likes of Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Smash, and potentially even Animal Crossing(just for the love of god please don’t be another amiibo festival)

Also yes, I’m totally okay with Nintendo porting most of the Wii U library onto it(just as long as they try to space out releases), there are so many fantastic games on there that don’t deserve to be trapped on such a train wreck of a console 

@Celli I think it’s fair to believe that the reason people are more forgiving towards the Switch getting lots of ports in right now is because it’s had a fantastic launch year, one of the best in recent memory, whereas the PS4 was honestly kind of mediocre, especially with stinkers like Killzone Shadowfall and the greatest game ever made Knack, and didn’t really start to pick up until Bloodborne 

Edited by Whomps
  • Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

on the Switch, we can't back up our saves in any capacity whatsoever. 

Did you gave a thorough look through the systems settings? There's actually an option to "ARCHIVE the data of the game." This is the one point I have to strongly disagree with you. 

1 minute ago, SwitchGuy2018 said:

Did you gave a thorough look through the systems settings? There's actually an option to "ARCHIVE the data of the game." This is the one point I have to strongly disagree with you. 

Archive does not back it up. That simply keeps the save data while deleting the game itself. The save data is still entirely stuck on the console so if your console bricks, bye bye save files. With how easy the competition makes it to seamlessly back up your saves, it is currently terrible on the Switch. 

1 minute ago, Kyoshi said:

Archive does not back it up. That simply keeps the save data while deleting the game itself. The save data is still entirely stuck on the console so if your console bricks, bye bye save files. With how easy the competition makes it to seamlessly back up your saves, it is currently terrible on the Switch. 

That doesn't change my belief that the games I've played so far are amazing and worth the money. In the end, the games should be fun to play, not technologically the best.

There's a reason Nintendo's been around as a video gaming company for as long as the 1980's. They succeed not because their technology was the best compared to its competitors, they succeeded because their games were fun! And what is fun to a gamer is all subjective. That's the point I'm making and I'll be satisfied just for my point being heard. You don't have to agree with me. Just hear me out.

9 minutes ago, SwitchGuy2018 said:

That doesn't change my belief that the games I've played so far are amazing and worth the money. In the end, the games should be fun to play, not technologically the best.

There's a reason Nintendo's been around as a video gaming company for as long as the 1980's. They succeed not because their technology was the best compared to its competitors, they succeeded because their games were fun! And what is fun to a gamer is all subjective. That's the point I'm making and I'll be satisfied just for my point being heard. You don't have to agree with me. Just hear me out.

I am not denying Nintendo's quality with their games. Ocarina of Time is one of my all time favorites for example while many other people say it 'hasn't aged well'. I just hate how the Switch is lacking in totally obvious things and Nintendo seems to be acting like they don't need those features. Even something as simple as basic messaging isn't here and that is simply inexcusable in 2018. 

1 minute ago, Kyoshi said:

I am not denying Nintendo's quality with their games. Ocarina of Time is one of my all time favorites for example while many other people say it 'hasn't aged well'. I just hate how the Switch is lacking in totally obvious things and Nintendo seems to be acting like they don't need those features. Even something as simple as basic messaging isn't here and that is simply inexcusable in 2018. 

Personally, I've never been much of a social butterfly so the lack of messaging doesn't really bother me. But different strokes for different folks.

• Brohoof 1