Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Done with Nintendo

StormBlaze

56 minutes ago, Envy said:

Funny how even in all of my pessimism in this topic, I was still bottom line expecting more than Nintendo could deliver. Literally all they had for post-E3 was Super Smash Bros Ultimate. That is it.

Turns out that my PS4 has been played a lot since last summer, and my Switch has just collected dust. Especially once the online service became paid, because their paid online service is a complete and total rip-off.

I have to disagree with you there

don't you know that Nintendo is in a position to announce more games that they decided to keep a surprise about? Just because they only release one great game post E3, that doesn't mean they're going to fail. Sometimes, its success takes time.

And the Online Service is NOT a total rip off to me, because for the most part, they gave what they advertised. I'm online, I'm playing NES games I never played before, especially since since they had special SP version of Legend of Zelda that I've haven't seen elsewhere, all my games are back up. And still, all that cost less than you have to pay for Playstation and Xbox. The Smartphone section is useless, but they are already other ways of  and it's still too soon to tell about the special offer, but still 3 out of 5 ain't bad.

13 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

And even Smash Ultimate isn't as great as they were making it out to be. The online is obviously garbage in that game and World of Light, the supposedly biggest addition, is terrible, repetitive and often aggravating beyond belief, same with the Spirit Board. Really, spirits overall were a terrible addition, would have preferred figures like in Melee. It just isn't worth being basically the sole game Nintendo had going for them in the entire second half of 2018.

I still am trying to hold out hope for Animal Crossing, I really hope it is at least as good as New Leaf. Right now, that is literally the only thing for the Switch I am looking forward to and that may not even make it into 2019, at least I personally don't think it will. We definitely won't be seeing Metroid Prime 4 until 2021 at the earliest as well with the development being restarted. So for now my Switch remains off, all while Nintendo continues to run their online service into the dust.

There, I have to disagree with you, too

World of Light was awesome at getting close to figatively fighting the spirits of so many Characters even beyond the playable fighters. It was a blast! It's one big Mythology Gag that had me going, "yeah, this reminds me a lot of this character or that." Plus how you deal with the Final Boss was something I haven't seen in past games. And I enjoyed it all

I am looking forward to knowing more about Animal Crossing.

Again, the Online Service's potential for decent success could take time. It's only been 5 months. Too soon to call it total garbage 

In order for me to be Done With Nintendo, they would have to screw up worse than that.

Edited by Will Guide

1 minute ago, Will Guide said:

World of Light was awesome at getting close to figatively fighting the spirits of so many Characters even beyond the playable fighters. It was a blast! It's one big Mythology Gag that had me going, "yeah, this reminds me a lot of this character or that."

For me that was part of the problem. Instead of doing anything interesting, they instead opted for non-stop gimmick fights that served the sole purpose of making people go "I get that." Many of these gimmicks were also either extremely annoying, hideously unfair or a wonderful mixture of both. Just that, for 16 hours. I hated it. Yeah, the ending fight was kinda cool, but I was so burnt out already from the rest of the mode that I simply didn't care by that point. For me, Ultimate just didn't live up to the insane hype that Nintendo was giving it. It is still a really good game, just personally underwhelming in many ways.

4 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

don't you know that Nintendo is in a position to announce more games that they decided to keep a surprise about? Just because they only release one great game post E3, that doesn't mean they're going to fail. Sometimes, its success takes time.

I never said the word "fail". I was never talking about the financial success of Nintendo. I was speaking in regards to my opinions about how Nintendo has been doing lately.

Nintendo is really dragging their feet right now and the Nintendo fanbase is all in a tizzy right now trying to figure out why there is such a big lack of news.

7 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

And the Online Service is NOT a total rip off to me, because for the most part, they gave what they advertised. I'm online, I'm playing NES games I never played before, especially since since they had special SP version of Legend of Zelda that I've haven't seen elsewhere, all my games are back up. And still, all that cost less than you have to pay for Playstation and Xbox. The Smartphone section is useless, but they are already other ways of  and it's still too soon to tell about the special offer, but still 3 out of 5 ain't bad. 

NES games you've never played before? That's great, but... Nintendo has rereleased their NES games in so many different formats over the last decade plus. Releasing NES games simply is not anything worthy of note in this day in age, unless they're really pulling deep down into the archives to rerelease games that have not seen the light of day since the NES era, but from my understanding that's not what they're doing. Instead they're making a big deal about releasing Super Mario Bros and The Legend of Zelda again. Pft.

Nintendo made promises about their online service, yes, but not a single one of those promises being fulfilled means that a free service should ever become paid. I don't care whether it is $20, $60, or even $5... It's not a service that should ever have to be paid for. I don't like Sony or Microsoft charging for online either. Trust me, I get that. I have never paid for online on my PS4, either. But I especially do not respect Nintendo who has notoriously always been behind on their online services in severe ways deciding to make us pay for it when they have done absolutely nothing whatsoever to improve their service. Again, it doesn't even matter how much it cost... It is a rip-off plain and simple.

Also, Nintendo's online service doesn't even allow you to back up every game. I've heard that, for example, Splatoon 2 can't even be backed up.

4 minutes ago, Envy said:

.Nintendo made promises about their online service, yes, but not a single one of those promises being fulfilled means that a free service should ever become paid. I don't care whether it is $20, $60, or even $5... It's not a service that should ever have to be paid for. I don't like Sony or Microsoft charging for online either. Trust me, I get that. I have never paid for online on my PS4, either. But I especially do not respect Nintendo who has notoriously always been behind on their online services in severe ways deciding to make us pay for it when they have done absolutely nothing whatsoever to improve their service. Again, it doesn't even matter how much it cost... It is a rip-off plain and simple.

Well, then you and I have different tastes in what counts as a rip-off. And again I said, it's too soon to call it a failure. There's a reason there's a lot of "Vindicated by History" examples by Nintendo. Give it time.

13 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

For me that was part of the problem. Instead of doing anything interesting, they instead opted for non-stop gimmick fights that served the sole purpose of making people go "I get that." Many of these gimmicks were also either extremely annoying, hideously unfair or a wonderful mixture of both. Just that, for 16 hours. I hated it. Yeah, the ending fight was kinda cool, but I was so burnt out already from the rest of the mode that I simply didn't care by that point. For me, Ultimate just didn't live up to the insane hype that Nintendo was giving it. It is still a really good game, just personally underwhelming in many ways.

Fair enough.

Edited by Will Guide

• 1 year later...