Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Greetings and Salutations!

Rising Dusk

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

How did you find MLP Forums?

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

Topic...

Nah!  Seriously, greetings and salutations!  Rising Dusk here checking in.  Friends call me Dusk... so call me Dusk!  New here on the forums, and importantly, new to the fandom.  Better late than never I guess!  Looking forward to hanging out with the community, but let's answer some of these welcome questions they have here...

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony?  Such a cruel question!  All six of them are amazing in their own way.  If I must pick one though, going with Twilight Sparkle.

How did you find MLP Forums?  I believe I first heard about it while watching The Brony Chronicles - A Documentary on My Little Pony and Bronies by Saberspark on YouTube.  Or at least the video took me somewhere that pointed me here, can't quite remember.

How you became a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?  It's a bit of a story.  So I invite you to stay awhile and listen! 

When FiM first came out, well, at least the first season, I watched the first five episodes.  The first two premier episodes definitely caught my interest.  Having grown up in the cartoon era of The Powerpuff Girls, and Toonami shows like Sailor Moon and Card Captors, I was pretty excited for another Magical Girl type show.  Watching episode three, four and five though, I didn't get the same excitement I got from the first two episodes.  Probably was expecting more use out of the Elements of Harmony and such, so the interest died down for me and I didn't continue.  Yep, sad sad days.  I remained pretty indifferent to the series, even as the Brony community exploded around me.

Fast forward to oh, about a month and a half ago.  College graduate and a supervisor at my job in my new location, I finally met a Brony.  Sure, I've run into them online and seem them walking around the campus with MLP shirts and such, but this is the first time I've actually met one that was very open to talk about it  Getting to know them a bit better, and as being their supervisor it doesn't hurt to know the interests of those who work for you, I hit the web.  Doing so, I stumbled across that YouTube video I mentioned above and that the community was still very much alive.  My interest became sparked again and lucky for me, Netflix works for me here in Asia and has seven seasons of MLP.  I dug in on a weekend and started it up again.  Low and behold, I got hooked this time!  Not quite sure what in my life changed that caused the show to appeal to me more than when I was younger, but it did.  And I'm not going to question it.

A bit long winded, but it was a journey to get here.  Look forward to joining the community!

• Brohoof 11

Hello there Dusk and welcome to the forum, hope you have a nice stay here. :)

Love your Avatar BTW, really like Pink Floyd. :P

• Brohoof 6

2 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

Hello there Dusk and welcome to the forum, hope you have a nice stay here. :)

Love your Avatar BTW, really like Pink Floyd. :P

Why thank you.  It's suppose to be a white light Eevee jumping into a prism, splitting into a rainbow of each of its Eeveelution, but the profile avatar didn't fit the whole picture.

5 minutes ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

Welcome to the forums, @Rising Dusk, I hope you enjoy your stay here!

How are you? 

Doing great!  How about yourself?

• Brohoof 6

It seems we've had a large influx of members as of lately! :yay:

Anyways, welcome to the forums, Dusk! :) Oh, and don't worry about being late to join the fandom; I just got into MLP back in February of this year! :rarity:

I'm looking forward to speaking with you at some point in the future. :)

• Brohoof 5

9 hours ago, Moondancer is best said:

Hello welcome to mlp fourms enjoy your stay 

Thank you very much for the welcome!

8 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Greetings @Rising Dusk welcome to the forums. How you going:squee:

Salutations to you good Sir!  It is going rather well, it's the end of the week for me so I'm getting ready to ride into the weekend.  How about yourself?

8 hours ago, Wannabrony said:

Hello and welcome, to both the forums and the fandom! ^_^ I hope you get to know more bronies here and maybe even make some friends. :P Enjoy your stay here and have fun! :adorkable:

Thank you for the welcome!  Really glad I gave the series another look, had no idea what I was truly missing out on.  Half fun of a fandom is joining the community, so definitely looking forward to the stay.

8 hours ago, Recherche said:

It seems we've had a large influx of members as of lately! :yay:

Anyways, welcome to the forums, Dusk! :) Oh, and don't worry about being late to join the fandom; I just got into MLP back in February of this year! :rarity:

I'm looking forward to speaking with you at some point in the future. :)

Better late than never!  Thank you for the warm welcome, I look forward to speaking with you in the future as well!

5 hours ago, RB30DETT said:

Welcome here, comrade, make some friends and have fun!

That's the plan!  It's only day two and already having fun!  Thank you for the welcome!

• Brohoof 3

Hello pal, welcome to the forums. It's always nice to see fresh faces around here, I'm a little fresh myself to be honest. So just feel free to message your friendly neighborhood bird hoovy (me) if you need anything.

• Brohoof 4

7 minutes ago, kaiser5578 said:

Hello pal, welcome to the forums. It's always nice to see fresh faces around here, I'm a little fresh myself to be honest. So just feel free to message your friendly neighborhood bird hoovy (me) if you need anything.

Oh, a legendary old school hoovy.  Glad to see they are still around!  Thank you for the warm welcome!

• Brohoof 4

11 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

Topic...

Nah!  Seriously, greetings and salutations!  Rising Dusk here checking in.  Friends call me Dusk... so call me Dusk!  New here on the forums, and importantly, new to the fandom.  Better late than never I guess!  Looking forward to hanging out with the community, but let's answer some of these welcome questions they have here...

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony?  Such a cruel question!  All six of them are amazing in their own way.  If I must pick one though, going with Twilight Sparkle.

How did you find MLP Forums?  I believe I first heard about it while watching The Brony Chronicles - A Documentary on My Little Pony and Bronies by Saberspark on YouTube.  Or at least the video took me somewhere that pointed me here, can't quite remember.

How you became a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?  It's a bit of a story.  So I invite you to stay awhile and listen! 

When FiM first came out, well, at least the first season, I watched the first five episodes.  The first two premier episodes definitely caught my interest.  Having grown up in the cartoon era of The Powerpuff Girls, and Toonami shows like Sailor Moon and Card Captors, I was pretty excited for another Magical Girl type show.  Watching episode three, four and five though, I didn't get the same excitement I got from the first two episodes.  Probably was expecting more use out of the Elements of Harmony and such, so the interest died down for me and I didn't continue.  Yep, sad sad days.  I remained pretty indifferent to the series, even as the Brony community exploded around me.

Fast forward to oh, about a month and a half ago.  College graduate and a supervisor at my job in my new location, I finally met a Brony.  Sure, I've run into them online and seem them walking around the campus with MLP shirts and such, but this is the first time I've actually met one that was very open to talk about it  Getting to know them a bit better, and as being their supervisor it doesn't hurt to know the interests of those who work for you, I hit the web.  Doing so, I stumbled across that YouTube video I mentioned above and that the community was still very much alive.  My interest became sparked again and lucky for me, Netflix works for me here in Asia and has seven seasons of MLP.  I dug in on a weekend and started it up again.  Low and behold, I got hooked this time!  Not quite sure what in my life changed that caused the show to appeal to me more than when I was younger, but it did.  And I'm not going to question it.

A bit long winded, but it was a journey to get here.  Look forward to joining the community!

Reciprocal expressions of salutatory greetings, mortal!

All shall fall before our unified might.

Truly, you are a valuable asset to our organisation, even in your infancy.

Especially due to your long-windedness.

You'll fit right in with the staff around heredon'ttellthemisaidthat.

Unforgivable comparative insults asidedon'ttellthemisaidthateither, we welcome you, o acolyte of the pony.

I am more than willing to assist in your training, if questions you may have.

Protip: don't taunt the Gatekeepers.

Enjoy your time spent as our diabolical minion! :icwudt:

• Brohoof 4

Welcome to the forums! :) That’s a cool story you have there, and yes, the brony fandom is definitely still alive! :D It’s never too late to join the herd, either! ;) 

Also, love your avatar, by the way. I just got a pretty cool MLP Pink Floyd shirt, myself...E971ADC1-3A2D-4CB6-8AC4-9A2BEBE271E9.jpeg.49690d25ab45e7266c0fe8caad04115b.jpeg

Have fun making new friends! :D 

• Brohoof 4

5 hours ago, Duality said:

Reciprocal expressions of salutatory greetings, mortal!

All shall fall before our unified might.

Truly, you are a valuable asset to our organisation, even in your infancy.

Especially due to your long-windedness.

You'll fit right in with the staff around heredon'ttellthemisaidthat.

Unforgivable comparative insults asidedon'ttellthemisaidthateither, we welcome you, o acolyte of the pony.

I am more than willing to assist in your training, if questions you may have.

Protip: don't taunt the Gatekeepers.

Enjoy your time spent as our diabolical minion! :icwudt:

I did join the Dark Side once because they had cookies, so fitting in with diabolical minions sounds great!

Question:  Who Keeps the Gatekeepers?

1 hour ago, Rhythm Red said:

Welcome to the forums! :) That’s a cool story you have there, and yes, the brony fandom is definitely still alive! :D It’s never too late to join the herd, either! ;) 

Also, love your avatar, by the way. I just got a pretty cool MLP Pink Floyd shirt, myself...

Have fun making new friends! :D 

Thank you for the warm welcome!  That shirt is far more fitting than my avatar.  Making friends is by far the best part to come!

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

I did join the Dark Side once because they had cookies, so fitting in with diabolical minions sounds great!

The Dark Side are n00bs. We have gateau:pout:

5 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

Question:  Who Keeps the Gatekeepers?

The Gatekeeperkeepers, obviously. They're available for taunting.

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, Duality said:

The Dark Side are n00bs. We have gateau:pout:

The Gatekeeperkeepers, obviously. They're available for taunting.

Gateau is definitely better than a cookie.  You have won me over from the Dark Side.

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Matraxial Artemis said:

Welcome to the Poniverse Forums, Rising Dusk!

I hope you'll have a great time in here! :) 

Thank you!  I'm enjoying myself so far.  Currently working on getting an appointment with the Cutie Mark Crusaders to get past this Blank Flank status.

• Brohoof 2

9 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

Thank you for much!  The herd is great so far!

Ah, great to hear that! :yay: Hope it will be getting only even better! ^_^

• Brohoof 2