• Dubstep
    • Synthesized
    • Psychadaelic
    • Gospel
    • All of the Above
    • Other
    • I don't like music
    • Holy Shiz, that's alot of choices!

It would be far easier for me to list my least favorite genres than to pick a favorite.  Namely, I can't stand about 75% of Rap & Country music, but even those have their gems.  I mean just listening to my MP3 playlist for about an hour, you'll be likely to hear Rock 'n' Roll (like '50s stuff), Classic Rock (Beatles, BTO, Styx, Tom Petty, etc), '80s Heavy Metal (mostly Metallica), new metal (Eluveitie, Nightwish, Sabaton, Alestorm), J-pop, modernized Middle Eastern music (including the fight song of the Kurdish YPG), various types of EDM/Techno, including remixes of all of the above.

To put it simply, this (fake) group sounds like it would be right up my alley:

phineas_rage.png.1420b5b391cb62096389439712da54ee.png

I'm far more into songs than I am a genre of music.  Most genres at least have a song or two I enjoy.  If I had to pick one genre though I'm going with... Nightcore.  Take a lot of my favorite songs, crank up the beat to 11, slap a feminine voice over the vocals and let's go!

9 hours ago, CrystalBloodMoon said:

What's your favourite music genre and what's your favourite song of that genre?

Where is heavy metal? How could you forget heavy metal? How dare you forget heavy metal!?

th?id=OIP.GDsZyv4enRXgxQD6OW4HRwHaKe&pid

There are 4 genres that really stick with me: Power Metal, Orchestral, Punk Rock, and Alternative Rock.

When it comes to my favorite song from each of these genres, than it would have to be...

Power Metal:

Spoiler

Orchestral:

Spoiler

Punk Rock: (special thanks to @jorge123esp for introducing me to this song!) :D

Spoiler

Alternative Rock:

Spoiler

Edited by Recherche
  • Brohoof 3

I use to listen almost all type of music, from Metal to Classical music, so I don't have one favourite music genre, but my favourites music genres are:

-Metal (in general, but I'm very into Symphonic Metal, Folk Metal and Metalcore). Is the main music genre I use to listen.

-Punk Rock 

-New Wave

-Synthpop

-Pop Punk

-Alternative Rock

-Folk 

If I have to choose only one of these types of music, I would choose Metal, but, as I said before, I listen a lot of different type of music :D 

• Brohoof 2

I like most music, mainly electronic music, but if I had to pick one it would be dubstep due to its juxtaposition of calm and eerie and its overall diversity: if you like rock, there's Modestep and Chase & Status; if you like garage or dub, there's Skream and Benga; if you like hip hop or trap, there's Borgore and Foreign Beggars. The list of styles go on.

In a close second place, I'd say house music, be it classic late 80's or modern electro and bass house.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Where is heavy metal? How could you forget heavy metal? How dare you forget heavy metal!?

th?id=OIP.GDsZyv4enRXgxQD6OW4HRwHaKe&pid

That's why I put other. I forgot some stuff. I strangely remembered some strange genres I don't even like XD

6 minutes ago, CrystalBloodMoon said:

That's why I put other. I forgot some stuff. I strangely remembered some strange genres I don't even like XD

You accounted for two kinds of pop, three kinds of rock and three subgenres of Electronica, yet listed all of heavy metal as 'other'? :okiedokieloki:

Also, you forgot Punk. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Denim&Venom said:

You accounted for two kinds of pop, three kinds of rock and three subgenres of Electronica, yet listed all of heavy metal as 'other'? :okiedokieloki:

Also, you forgot Punk. 

*Le Gasp!* :wau: How could I forget Punk Rock??? Dang. Sorry dude, I wish I didn't, I love Punk

My favorite music genres are Rock and Metal (preferably Hard Rock and Thrash Metal from the 80s)

I can listen to any type of Rock from the late 50s to the early 90s.I can Listen to any type of Metal (except for rap metal,nu metal and some black metal) from the 70s to the 90s.

I also like to listen to 80s pop,2Tone Ska,and Instrumental.

• Brohoof 1

So I'll be completely honest, anything that tickles my fancy I like. Regardless of it's genre, however; while I did go through my Rock 'n Roll phase, I have actually grown out of it. I no longer need or want to listen to that heavy angry stuff anymore, because I'm not that angry person that I used to be and with more classic rock, they... I don't know, I've just heard it all. Now while I still enjoy and respect bands such as Metallica, ACDC, Areosmith, Rob Zombie, Foreigner, The Eagles, and so forth and what-have-you----I have all but cut out Disturbed, Alice in Chains, Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, etc. I just I'm not that person anymore. 

So nowadays, I stick mainly to my Jazz, Swing, Classical Music, Opera, and things like Enya, soft, romantic and spiritual types of music. Orchestration soundtracks like from The Hobbit or Lord of the Rings. In fact, one of my new song obsessions is called Sleepsong: 

Spoiler

Edited by Momento Mori

Something that I don't know the exact name of. :ooh: Lo-fi? Chillhop? Something like that. This is one of my favorites.

• 2 weeks later...

Classic and modern country is by far my favorite, but I also love classic rock, 80s pop, as well as early and late 2000s pop and many modern pop and dance songs as well. Oh, and disco! I love disco. :yay: I love really any type of music that just makes you wanna get up and dance. 

• Brohoof 1

Rock and Roll origins all the way!

I don't really have a favourite song, but right now I've got "Razzle Dazzle" stuck in my head, from Bill Haley and The Comets.

You know, there's a song in EQG summer shorts that takes inspiration from this style, it's called "Coinky dink world", and it's fantastic!

• Brohoof 2

Loud. Loud is my favorite music genre. Any music can be played loud, too. Elvis and Skrillex can be played at the same volume.

3 minutes ago, Sliding Bolt said:

I like to listen to 426 Hemi

Amen to that.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really have too much of a preference regarding genres.:rarity:

Naturally, there are some that I prefer to others, but I don't really listen to any genre exclusively.:grin:

That said, some of the genres which I am noticeably fond of consist of glam rock, classical and jazz. Swing in particular is a favorite of mine.:grin:

It really depends on my mood.  Sometimes I feel like listening to indie, other times I feel like listening to deathrock, etc,...  I don't really have a preference one way or the other.