Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Trixie's Dad?

Wonderbolt Slipstream

On this episode of PONY THEORY! 

DID TRIXIE LULAMOON, MAGICIAN EXTRAORDINAIRE, PERFORM A SPELL TO TURN SPIKE INTO A PONY AND HERSELF INTO A STALLION IN AN ATTEMPT TO KILL THE GRANNIES IN A FALSE MAGIC TRICK CAUSE THE CANTERLOT ILLUMINATI TOLD HER TO? 

Or did they just slap some pre-existing color palettes on some BG ponies they had no colors for?

Considering the other references in the episode I am surprised they didn't end up being a reference to Penn & Teller.

I mean you can think it's Trixie's dad or bro all you want but considering he has THE EXACT SAME COLORS I think they just used Trixie's color pallet for him, sorry to rain on the parade.

Edited by Zantetsuken
  • Brohoof 3

It's probably him messing with us again, but Big Jim just answered a tweet implying that that stallion might not only be Trixie's father, he  might not even know he has a daughter.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

It's probably him messing with us again, but Big Jim just answered a tweet implying that that stallion might not only be Trixie's father, he  might not even know he has a daughter.

This mare knew how to have fun then :dash:

PEwFZONyLIfRYtv-1600x900-noPad.jpg?15097

• Brohoof 1

I thought the same way, he really looks like Trixie! And not just because of the colors or them being magicians, the mane is the most obvious similarity to me. :wau: If they're not related, I could imagine this stallion being her idol, with her modeling her act (and her mane :P) after him. Who knows? :lol:

• Brohoof 3

Grandfather or Father...all I know is plenty of people have a slew of fan fiction possibilities now:

*From one mare's "one-night-stand" with a famous Las Pegasus magician.

*To young Trixie's journey of self discovery following some subconscious desire to be a magician

*To a bittersweet or even depressing reunion after all these years and discovery her has a daughter/granddaughter

*To even a meet the parents kind of encounter taking her aforementioned girls trip to Las Pegasus to a show of a lifetime in with a twist.

Who says the animators can't cater to the fandom subtly?:twi:

Edited by KH7672
  • Brohoof 1

These little teases bother me only because now I REALLY want to know more about him. I am always fascinated by what the parents of certain characters are like. It can give us more insight to the character themselves. Maybe he will make a future appearance? Probably not.

• Brohoof 2

I'm surprised Rainbow dash didn't make a comment. She's seen Trixie's act and has been around her enough (now that she lives in Ponyville) to recognize a potential relative.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Truffles said:

I'm surprised Rainbow dash didn't make a comment. She's seen Trixie's act and has been around her enough (now that she lives in Ponyville) to recognize a potential relative.

I don't think RD at the time cared enough to find relatives of a magician she knows (we don't even know if the rest of the mane 6, excluding Twi, even accept that she's reformed. We know Twi ackwoledges she's friends with Starlight but that's about it).

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Oleks said:

Whoever he is, he is a male version of Trixie. It's a nice nod to Lauren Faust who originally wanted Trixie to be a stallion.

Oh yeah right, that would make sense. I wonder if that's another case of a rejected recycled for later, like our friend Morpho Knight  (he used to be a concept for Meta Knight)

mqdefault.jpg

Edited by Steve Piranha

9 minutes ago, Slipstream95 said:

I don't think RD at the time cared enough to find relatives of a magician she knows

That's a good point. Also the way that scene plays out with the two of them running off after Rainbow ruins their trick, I suppose she didn't have much of a chance to talk with him. Plus having her acknowledge the resemblance and get into a discussion would have easily added several minutes to the episode while it was sorted out.

• Brohoof 1

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. I'm not quite sure if it's a nod, or perhaps something bigger. 

• Brohoof 1