Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Winona, Applejacks dog

Wonderbolt Slipstream

The Equestria Winona is also a dog though, so I assume both Winona's would stay dogs on either side. Spike's counterpart in the EQG universe is a dog likely due to Dragons not existing there. I think if the same creature exists on both sides, then it doesn't change by travelling through the mirror, and both counterparts will be the same species. If the same creature doesn't exist on both sides, then one of the counterparts will be something different, and it will change to match it's counterpart upon travelling through the portal. So, both Winona's are dogs, and would stay dogs on both sides. Dog Spike would probably become a dragon though, like Equestrian Spike.

Edited by BasementSparkle
  • Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, BasementSparkle said:

The Equestria Winona is also a dog though, so I assume both Winona's would stay dogs on either side. Spike's counterpart in the EQG universe is a dog likely due to Dragons not existing there. I think if the same creature exists on both sides, then it doesn't change by travelling through the mirror, and both counterparts will be the same species. If the same creature doesn't exist on both sides, then one of the counterparts will be something different, and it will change to match it's counterpart upon travelling through the portal. So, both Winona's are dogs, and would stay dogs on both sides. Dog Spike would probably become a dragon though, like Equestrian Spike.

Hmmm, but then that raises another question. Ponies, I assume, are on both sides of the EQG world, what would happen then if they went through the mirror?

Also, Diamond Dogs are also humans in the EQG world, why?

Diamond_Dog_boys_over-eager_EG2[1].png

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Slipstream95 said:

Hmmm, but then that raises another question. Ponies, I assume, are on both sides of the EQG world, what would happen then if they went through the mirror?

Diamond_Dog_boys_over-eager_EG2[1].png

...because they're sentient...?? i dunno man this all kinda gay...

18 hours ago, Slipstream95 said:

Well, the "Ponies" of Equestria and the ponies of earth aren't exactly the same thing. We've seen a horse in a short before and it just seemed to be a normal animal, nothing at all like the fully intelligent, colorful, magical equines of Equestria, more like normal animals. Ponies are much more similar to humans in terms of intelligence and their society, so it makes sense for the magical ponies of Equestria to become human. Same with the Diamond Dogs, who are not just normal dogs.

As for Spike and Dragons though...Well, both Dragon Spike and Dog Spike are different species from Twi that can act as her sort of assistant and best friend when she has no friends? I dunno, honestly I'm trying to make up logic to explain it, but I doubt DHX or Hasbro fully thought it through either.:derp:

14 minutes ago, BasementSparkle said:

Well, the "Ponies" of Equestria and the ponies of earth aren't exactly the same thing. We've seen a horse in a short before and it just seemed to be a normal animal, nothing at all like the fully intelligent, colorful, magical equines of Equestria, more like normal animals. Ponies are much more similar to humans in terms of intelligence and their society, so it makes sense for the magical ponies of Equestria to become human. Same with the Diamond Dogs, who are not just normal dogs.

As for Spike and Dragons though...Well, both Dragon Spike and Dog Spike are different species from Twi that can act as her sort of assistant and best friend when she has no friends? I dunno, honestly I'm trying to make up logic to explain it, but I doubt DHX or Hasbro fully thought it through either.:derp:

I'm just thinking of a full sized dragon acting like a dog now XD

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

No, she would be a dog. A very good dog. 

The whole conversion thing is weird, so I'm not sure about that.

57 minutes ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

Why is Spike a dog? They could’ve just made Spike a really short dude with a hoodie.

I guess since he's a different creature in Equestria he's also a different creature in the EQG world.

1 hour ago, Slipstream95 said:

The whole conversion thing is weird, so I'm not sure about that.

There don't seem to be any rules to it. I think animals & people just become what their counterpart on the other side is.