Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How many bronies do you think there are as of 2018?

Not here anymore

I'm not exactly sure, but I know it's less than what it was in 2011-2016 :huh: ...and the reason why things have gone down-hill a bit is because the mane 6 have already achieved their goals and the majority of us wanna see something new :) A.K.A G5.

A lot of people stopped watching for various reasons, I don't really understand why. A lot of them saw one episode they didn't like and then gave up without giving it a second chance, which means they've now missed some of the best episodes the show has to offer, like A Perfect Pair for example. There's still quite a lot about though, I see many of them in places unrelated to the show like on YouTube and Steam.

Surely a lot less than 2012, when our fandom was at it's high. Many 'Bronies" of the golden era didn't even watch the series but just decided to ride on the meme wave, while many people on the interwebz watched the show without considering themselves fans.

Not as many as back in 2012-13 for sure, but the fandom’s still massive. To be honest, a lot of people called themselves bronies back then just because it was ‘trendy’. Now, the fandom is made up of REAL fans, the ones who enjoy the show. And when some people leave, others join. While many bronies have left, new ones have taken their place. That’s how it works in any fandom, and MLP is no different.

Keep in mind that people were saying the fandom was going to die back in 2013-14. People are still saying it now. It’s just people trying to get others worked up without providing any solid evidence.

Bottom line, don’t worry! We aren’t going anywhere. And I still run into other bronies all the time, both online and in real life. :P 

• 1 month later...

I think there has to be at least a few hundred thousand, maybe more. While there may not be as many huge conventions anymore, one thing I find interesting is that despite there being less fans, there is even more fan content being put out and it keeps getting higher in quality. Just looking at fan music for example, we probably have more fan music than any fandom now (correct me if I am wrong) with a lot more genres being covered than ever before.

I've definitely gotta agree with a few people here that there are probably less than there were way back during the "golden age" of the fandom. However, even if that is the case, with all the high quality fan content that keeps getting churned out, and just taking into consideration how active it still is... Well, I don't think we really need to worry about the fandom dying out or anything :D

As for a specific number? Prooobably somewhere in the thousands range. A few hundred thousand, like Soren said, is what I'm guessing.

The amount of bronies around has been declining during the past few years. Many people need something new with the show such as a fifth generation. Alas, Lauren Faust has announced that she's going to start helping with the creation of a new DC show. Our G5 along with more seasons may be at risk.

http://comicbook.com/dc/amp/2018/05/22/dc-superhero-girls-reboot-lauren-faust-my-little-pony-cartoon-ne/

• 1 year later...