Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Was Puberty Like for You?

The Recherche

@Lucky Bolt No, I know what you're talking about. :adorkable: Y'know... bleeding.

I've heard that those times really suck; your abdomen hurts, your mood changes for the worse, you entire body might ache... it can't be a pleasant experience, even though I've never gone through one (for obvious reasons). :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Jaspers said:

I'm not sure how to say this without sounding like I'm in need of help - but I haven't felt like I have a purpose in life for a while now. :lol: I'm just sticking around because that's what people are often supposed to do. Though that's enough of that, things aren't always bad!

I'd tell ya to just keep going, and don't ever think you're not important. Just keep moving forward, keep your chin up, and you'll eventually find what you're looking for. I myself sometimes wonder when I'll find my purpose, and sometimes it gets to me, but I always rememeber just to keep going. 

3 minutes ago, Recherche said:

@Lucky Bolt No, I know what you're talking about. :adorkable: Y'know... bleeding.

I've heard that those times really suck; your abdomen hurts, your mood changes for the worse, you entire body might ache... it can't be a pleasant experience, even though I've never gone through one (for obvious reasons). :adorkable:

Well thankfully it's never been quite that bad for me, but it's still annoying. :scoots:

• Brohoof 1

Oh my days when I reached Puberty was the day I was never the same as I was as a kid.

I’ll just list out the highlights of my puberty,

1. My eyesight was weakened and deteriorating (myopia) to the point where I got my glasses at age 13. Had perfect 20/20 vision as a kid. I wear glasses to this day.

2. I was filled to the brim with acne so much so (it was on my face, my nose, my back, my *censored*) that I was diagnosed having some form of an Acne Disease. Had to take The Acutane Medication at age 16.

3. Voice Cracks were the norm during my Puberty days. Had a cute squeaky voice as a kid. Now my voice is flat and somewhat deep.

4. Had trouble controlling my urges. Didn’t want to have any of these mood swings and sexual tensions. I had issues.

5. Depression and Social Anxiety was greatly enhanced in my Puberty Days from all the mood swings and seemingly uncontrollable urges.

Long story short, I had issues. I’m gonna miss my kid self. :(

Edited by ZethaPonderer
Had to change the emoji from :lie: to :sad: since that emoji made no sense. I've mistaken that emoji as another way to express sadness.
  • Brohoof 1

Depressing. 

I had too many life changing things in that time, a new culture i didn't know, school where i only could understand the half and being outcast for being different. And also started to tortures myself with the though, "why human be so cruel to other creatures". Started by seeing all the fishes in a restaurant, who just wait to get caught and cooked.

Well i'm glad that this part of my life is already over.

• Brohoof 1

My voice went from something akin to that of Babs Seed (without the accent) to something quite deeper... not Flutterguy deep, but deep. :P Plus those cursed voice cracks. :okiedokieloki: I only grew till I reached 5'6 when I was about 16. Stopped after that. And I had really bad anxiety and depression in middle school and part of my high school years. :sunny:

• Brohoof 2

to sum it up in one word:awkward. I had no idea what was going on at the time, since for some reason they didn't teach us about puberty at that time. So I freaked out and like I usually do when I feel that way, I went straight to talking with animals for comfort. it was just awkward and annoying

• Brohoof 2

I think I had my puberty pretty easy. I didn't have too many voice cracks, though my voice did drop down a lot. I had some acne here and there, but nothing too bad. My mind goes all over the place, I could (and still can) go from ecstatic to miserable in less than 10 seconds and probably faster. And I would like to think I got a little more mature, but it might not be true. :P It's nothing too bad, but my puberty is going on, so who's to say it doesn't pull a 180 and turn into the worst possible thing imaginable? :D We'll just have to see.

• Brohoof 4

My voice broke when i was 13, so my promising singing career came to an abrupt end.

Edited by Guest

I think it was fine for me, the occasional cracking, i just got tall fast, but thats just in general.

Going through puberty can be easy on some and hard on others, unfortunately you cant control that part, but you dont have to let it control you, it doesn't prevent you from doing what you want, it might cause awkward moments but you will learn later on in life, that things that seem like a big deal now, really aren't. People forget things, and most people you went to school with you wont see afterwards. So learn to make the best of it, because it wont last forever.

• Brohoof 1

I have to say puberty has changed me A LOT! But, really, A LOT, and I'm not only talking about the physical appearance, because even my way of thinking has gone through a pretty long process (which, I believe, it hasn't ended yet).

To be honest, I've never noticed these changes, especiaally because I see myself every single day, but when 2 weeks ago I looked back to some videos I made in 2013 (so when I was 13), I couldn't believe it...:blink:
But let's follow a clear and defined path and let's start off with physical appearance:

So, I used to have long and curly hair, which I didn't usually take care of, except for washing it, of course. I didn't even have a real cut, I just let it grow, making it form a big "bird nest" upon my head! The only way I could see how much it was long was under the shower, and boy...it was reaching my shoulders, and was going even more down, but I don't precisely remember to which exact point of my back.:P

Talking about facial hair, instead...well...I only had those horrible mustaches that couldn't even be called as such, since they were only some hair that accidentally grew between my nose and my mouth.:eww:

Oh, and did I mention I was overweight? I was, like, 81 kgs, at least until July 2017.:derp:

And, finally, I used to wear long and straight jeans, t-shirts, hoodies, sweatshirts, tracksuits (sometimes) and sport shoes.:nom:

How I look now:

Now, with my 17 years (18 in June) I've got short hair with a big pompadour,  beard (which I usually cut to make whiskers, but now I'm thinking of letting it grow to see how long it can become), I lost almost 9/10 kgs (I'm currently 72.4, more or less) while developing a good muscular mass (50% costitution, the other 50% training with a lot of effort), and I most likely wear solid colors, short sleeved t-shirts, straight blue jeans, leather jackets and leather boots. Sweatshirts, tracksuits and hoodies have been completely removed from my wardrobe.:icwudt::squee:

Oh, and my voice became graver.:orly:

Now, way of thinking:

Actually, I may have exaggerated a bit before, because, truth told, my way of thinking is kinda similar the way it was before. One thing that I couldn't help but notice, though, is that I became quieter, more sensible, and developed a big will to listen to problems people have, to try to solve them, or at least to cheer them up. Finally, some sort of big and painful feeling has started tormenting me, and it won't stop until I find the true love. Seriously, I used to wish to have girlfriend when I was 14, too, but now the feeling is getting stronger and stronger, becoming the main cause of my interior pain. I feel like I've got a lot of love to share, I just haven't found that special one to share it with, yet.:(

Edited by Vintjack Greasymane
  • Brohoof 2

@Vintjack Greasymane I know your pain, i turn 25 this year, I've only had one "relationship" sort of, she was bipolar schizophrenic and wouldn't take her meds but i tortured myself to stay with her because it was the only relationship I've had and didn't think I could do better. And me working 50 hours a week sometimes 6 days a week isn't helping my dating life, it might be hard, because I battle with depression over this issue, but you have to fight back and not let it affect you the best you can.

Just now, Roughtek said:

@Vintjack Greasymane I know your pain, i turn 25 this year, I've only had one "relationship" sort of, she was bipolar schizophrenic and wouldn't take her meds but i tortured myself to stay with her because it was the only relationship I've had and didn't think I could do better. And me working 50 hours a week sometimes 6 days a week isn't helping my dating life, it might be hard, because I battle with depression over this issue, but you have to fight back and not let it affect you the best you can.

@Roughtek I can say I had a taste of it last summer... Seriously, it was awful, and crying on my bed was becoming a habit, so I guess I actually sperimented mild depression, even if I didn't want to admit it. Now, I still have these "go-down" moments, but they're not a big deal, especially because I'm full of hope, and I surely don't want to go back to...well...those most likely deletable moments. I'm sorry about your current situation, but, like you said, we don't let depression affect us, and I would like to add that there's still hope, so all you got to do is keep hoping, because things won't stay the same for ever!

• Brohoof 1

Puberty wasn't too much of a problem for me, since it happened kind of fast. I remember that in less then a year my voice went from squeaky kid in a COD lobby to deeper than the Mariana Trench.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think going through puberty was too bad at least for me. My voice lowered and I got really hairy all over, but that's about it to be honest. I never really had too many voice-cracks (At least not from what I remember) and I didn't really have any mood-swings, I was pretty much just myself but with a deeper voice and with more hair. I didn't really grow too much during puberty either, I may have grown a few inches but I'm only like 5'6 due to my family all hailing from really short ancestors (Hispanic people can be really short). I didn't really change like interest-wise until after puberty, I got really into Billy Joel and started watching a cartoon horse program. I also started uh........ doing fun things at night with myself, but I won't elaborate :bedeyes:

I think my mom was really happy that I never completely lost my old personality like so many others do, our family was going through some dark times and having me be able to connect and comfort her helped us get through those dark times for our family. I still wear Brightly colored clothes just like I did before puberty, I never really changed my sense of fashion (besides now having MLP shirts) 

I guess during puberty I became more fixed to my laptop than going and playing outside, but puberty also helped me get into my passion of gardening and model railroading, which I must say, are much more "mature" hobbies ;)    

• Brohoof 2

Finished with that about 10 years ago, so I don't remember much. Spent the better part of 6 years being an edgy little fuck. Did a bunch of drugs because my parents are typical boomer-tier Christian conservatives and they looked down on that.

I got better though. Now I'm only edgy on the Internet.

Edited by Twiggy
  • Brohoof 1

For me it wasn't all gloom and doom. I had my ups and downs but I tried to keep a positive outlook, which has been helpful in later life as well. My main problem was that I was very anxious and impatient. I wanted to do certain things when and where I wanted, and got irritable at times when I didn't have control. I still get anxious when I think things aren't going where I want, but age has brought some perspective to it so I don't let it get me too crazy. 

• Brohoof 1