Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Inspiration behind your OC?

Sliding Bolt

So @Nightfall Gloam asked me this a bit ago and I decided to make a discussion on it. I know there have probably been many about this before but here’s a fresh one. So what does your OC say about you?

Mine is just what I thought would be me if I was a pony. I’m a little...let’s just say a bit dark at times...so I’m a gray pony. A bright, colorful mane represents the good that shines through. And, Rainbow Dash being awesome and all, I thought a rainbow one would make me about 20% cooler. B)

• Brohoof 2

My OC says that is freaking love Ahuizotl!! :D

It also says that I like what is different, because I literally have NEVER seen another Zotlsona as of yet. They might be another one out there, but we’ve yet to cross paths.

And I like being this non-pony OC, because I don’t need a cutie mark and I don’t need magic or my mouth to use a pencil (which is good for an artist). As a zotl, I have three hands with opposable thumbs to use tools! Also, zotls have freaking super strength!

See 0:59. Trees might as well be blades of grass.

• Brohoof 2

There honestly isn't much inspiration behind my OC, and he was originally going to be a male Twilight Sparkle (explains his name), I kinda just threw a design I liked together and gave him a name. He eventually turned into a ponified version of me!

• Brohoof 2

I have many OCs, but my main one is my ponysona, named Lucky Bolt. She's a complete ponified version of me. Her appearance is based off of mine irl, as well as her personality, likes and dislikes. Even her voice and the way she talks is the same as mine. :P And why is she a Pegasus you ask? Firstly because Pegasus ponies have always been my favorite, and secondly, I've always had a fascination with weather and aircraft, ever since I was little. When I was about 8 years old I wanted to become an air pilot, plus, I have a really energetic and outgoing personality, so considering all those things I realized I'd most likely be a pegasus if I were a pony. And yes, I know, Lucky is a Rainbow Dash recolor. I know recolors get a lot of hate, but so what? 

• Brohoof 2

My OC was just a Rainbow Dash recolor in the very beginning, even her cutie mark had that lightning bolt thing going on. :D After a while I modified her quite a lot since she also suspiciously looked like those edgy OCs with constantly angry facial expressions and colors as dark as their past (I won't lie, I originally gave her one but scrapped it not long afterwards). Except for the dark-ish past, she was basically just Rainbow Dash in different colors. She still isn't the most unique OC, far from it actually, but I don't need her to be as I rarely use her anywhere anymore.

Well, I got several sources of inspiration: among them are the generic demon clerics from Disgaea, for mane style and affeminate appearance. Same with studying a lot.

He got horns similar to dicloni from Elfen Lied, but they work more akin of Daredevil's heightened senses instead of killing invisible limbs.

He got influence of Vivian from Paper Mario 2, backstory of Morgan from Fire Emblem Awakening, name from a famous videogame family and future of one of their founders

• Brohoof 2

I can sum Unicorn Will Guide's existence in 10 words: What if a Disney Fan enters the World of Equestria.

As for his literal Changeling soulmate, well, I was inspired by Thorax the kind Changeling. Design-Wise, Thorax was the base for C. Will while the idea occurred to me that being part Changeling would be the main reason why Will Guide's able to mimic all those those Disney characters for what he does best: Disney Storytelling. Plus being a creature that feeds on love does give a bit of a reason to try Romance RPs of any kind.

Edited by SwitchGuy2018
  • Brohoof 2

My OC is just the ponified version of me. We're the same, in both personality and physical appearance. The only thing my OC has and I don't is the black leather jacket...I only have brown and green!:dry:
The name, as everybody here has probably already guessed, is just a fusion between one of the things I like most and my real name (which isn't really "Jack", but almost every human being calls me that way, so it basically became my name!). "Greasymane", then, symbolizes the fact I always have grease (it's not really grease, though...unfortunately it's just some sort of cream) in my pompadour.

• Brohoof 1

my pony (see my user image) is a design that I have been working a lot of time with, like its cutie mark! I wanted something cute... something you could see in the series but without necessarily looking like a copy (something difficult given the large number of ponies and oc) at the same time I wanted to keep the simplicity of the ponies (not like those users who do something with many colors, although I have my exceptions, there are users who are really creative!)

after months of not getting a proper color ... my brother (who barely saw 3 or 4 episodes of the series at the time, is not a fan of the ponies) told me '' you know? If you were a pony I think you would be like that ... the protagonist! that has wings and a horn ... only that you would have yellow skin and white mane. "

that inspired me! the first model that I made of my character was a yellow-skinned alicorn and white mane with green eyes ... I made it an alicorn because, for me, it seemed a cute concept that my brother had of me since they are '' powerful '' he told me. even though that was just a drawing in inspiration to that feeling, I did not want an alicorn because ... well, I think there are enough female alicorns in the series haha, so I chose to leave my pony as a unicorn (a very different idea from the one I had initially from a pegasus) I thought it was a good idea ... I added a bicolor mane with visually pleasing colors for me ... and in summary that is more or less my story ... the cutie mark is another story!

Edited by Berry-Bliss-Sundae
  • Brohoof 2

Mine is supposed to be like a punk rock dude. When I commissioned the original picture, he had all the punk gear, complete with mohawk and everything. I might commission a new drawing sometime soon, to add a few more things.

• Brohoof 1

My OC, Silica, isn't really like me at all. First of all, she's a mare, not a stallion. Second of all, I see her personality as a combination of various characters, namely Sam Gamgee (Lord of the Rings), Rainbow Dash, Littlepip (Fallout: Equestria), and Poe Dameron (Star Wars). Her design is intentionally greyscale like Maud, Limestone, and Marble Pie, because she's supposed to be Limestone's daughter. She has inherited some of Limestone's feisty attitude, but doesn't have such a fiery temper.

• Brohoof 1

Snow Frostflame was nothing more than an idea... what would I look like if I was a pony. Slowly over time he turned into his own thing, changing his race, facial features, coat, mane, eye color, etc. I had originally based his personality entirely off of me, but then when RPing he sounded like an edge lord. So I changed him up yet again, to sound a bit more bad ass, yet sympathetic.

Long story short he is me, mixed with a bit of Boba Fett's personality.

Interesting fact, ever since I changed up his personality I've started to act kinda like him at times.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

My OC, Dynamo Pad, is essentially a ponified version of myself. I remember I was in a Skype call with some friends and we all went on pony creator. I was going to make a red pony OC, but it didn't really stand out to me. I chose to go with a blue character and I really liked how my character turned out. I made my OC to be like me, but to have different characteristics that I felt that I lacked. He was, in a way, what I was striving to work hard to become. I then saw a salon request shop on the forum. I chose to give it a chance and my OC's mane design and colors looked very different. I kept looking back and wondered if I should have changed my OC's appearance a little. I was afraid that would take away from who he was, but with the advice and guidance of my friends, I decided to give the change a chance. It was during then, that I told myself: If I want to change to be a better individual, then maybe it'd be best that I change my OC, as well. He is still the same pony OC, but now he looks much different. My profile pic is his true self and I like the newer version of my OC, in my opinion. :) 

(edited)

I started off crossdressing as an anime character on the Pony Town, then I did a few movies and a few video game characters. Playing around as Rainbow Dash's cross dressing as other ponies  kind of stuck out

I have a few Rainbow Dash OCs Cipher9 (swtor) Tomoko Kuroki (watamote), I did a few others a pony John Wick (pegasus), Rin Tohsaka (unicorn), femArcher (pegasus), Alushy (abridged version), Yuno Gasai (Earth Pony/Alicorn)

Twilight OC really difficult to make due to her mane, Fluttershy is one of my favorites to make.

Edited by R.D.Dash

(edited)

I have many OCs. But I'll only talk about my ponysona. Pegasi personalities lead to dare devil profile. His colors represent the colors I have (brown and tan). His cutie mark(two wrenches in an x formation) represents my job. Engineer. His inteligence is kinda like mine, and the agility is due to the thing I believe is most helpful in combat and an adventure fic. Dust Shot.

Edited by Dust-Shot
Gramatical mistakes

I feel I hold a bit of elegance and grace to myself and like darkness and shadows hence the darker color palette. I enjoy using my voice and dream of being a voice actress and singer hence the cutie mark. The pencils are just their to subtly hint at my inner critic. And I love the idea of magic and the ability to actively tap into it hence being a unicorn 

• 1 month later...

My OC is what happens if you mix together Anja Creed, A Pony, and a lame-ish backstory, and give the result an Off-brand Master Sword with a Lamer Backstory.