Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

advanced Marvel Cinematic Universe Rp OOC

Buck Testa

RP here

Iron Man has just revealed himself to be Tony Stark. Though the world does not know it, this marks the start of a new age in their history. Set during the start of Phase One in the MCU, our characters will be introduced into the timeline and affect it in both small ways and large. Without intervention, the timeline will run similar to how it did in the official source materials. However, the more we choose to interact with the persons involved in those events, the more things will start to change for the better or the worst. What unintended consequences that will come from these actions remain to be seen. 

The pieces are all in place. Shield and Nick Fury are scoping the world for recruits. Wilson Fisk is working with the Hand to gentrify Hells Kitchen. Thor and Loki will eventually be making their appearances on Earth. The Hulk is on the lam. Any and all MCU lore (including sources like Netflix) that start's in phase one will be ready to go. 

I will also be working in lore from the comics that I feel will work with the world the MCU has created. 

Character Applications: 

Alias (if applicable): 

Age /Occupation/ Daily life: 

Appearance:

Personality: Give me a rundown on what kind of character this is and how you're going to play them. Also give me an idea of how you think they would interact with canon characters in the MCU. Who would they get along with? Who would they rub the wrong way? ect

Powers (if applicable): As the MCU has shown, you don't necessarily need powers to be in teams like The Avengers. That said, those without powers who intend to fight the bad guys will probably need ways to do that. Another thing to note is powers are exceedingly rare in the MCU at the moment. This means that you need to figure out how your character acquired those powers (which you can put in the Backstory). Whether you want to be a badass normal or have some powers to spice it up, I can help in that department. 

Backstory: I will request tweaks and alterations of this if I deem it necessary. I intend on using these backstories for the game. Even if your character has amnesia, I still want this backstory. 

For the sake of keeping things easier to manage, you're going to be located in New York for now. 

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 1

There you go, it's mostly the same, but I got rid of most of the stuff we talked about and replaced it with the new stuff, say if I missed anything.

Pronunciation(s):
Nickname(s): N/A
Sign: Libra
Birthday: September 23rd
Relatives: Father
Appearance: Combed back black hair, pale skin
Body: Normal, maybe slightly toned
Outfits: At home: dark coloured shirt and black trousers, Anywhere else: dark coloured suit
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 13 stone
Personality: Arrogant, cocky, a jerk, extremely introverted
-        Positive Traits       -
Extremely smart
-        Negative Traits       -

Sociopath, cocky, arrogant, rude, a jerk, very bad temper, doesn't like any form of labour we would deem hard (which is any labour)
Likes: Being better than everyone else, being alone, money
Dislikes: Idiots, people, anyone with an equal or greater intelligence to him, being wrong
Fears: Deep water, socializing
Quirks: Drinks an unhealthy amount of wine, 
Turn On's: N/A
Turn Offs: N/A
History: As a child Lucius made a large amount of money by helping gangs in certain ways to get them more resources or weaponry through hacking, when his father found out Lucius got chucked out. This event however never deterred him and he continued to do so, eventually making deals with larger legal, and not so legal sources allowing him to amass a large about of wealth, though lives in seclusion and never leaves his home if he can help it. One of his more notable dealings was with OsCorp as in return for a certain large service, they implanted tech into his body which allowed him to harness electricity, being able to siphon energy from other technology it increase his power for a time.
Quotes: "Screw the rules I have money!"
Extra: Obsessed with robots/AI's/robotic enhancement, not a bad guy but not a good guy either, when comparing him to an actual villain he's like the dictionary definition of "lesser of two evils", often hacks into places and messes with stuff when bored (like the stock market)

51 minutes ago, Skylord Nexus said:

Personality: Arrogant, cocky, a jerk, extremely introverted
Extremely smart
-        Negative Traits       -

Sociopath, cocky, arrogant, rude, a jerk, very bad temper, doesn't like any form of labour we would deem hard (which is any labour)
Likes: Being better than everyone else, being alone, money
Dislikes: Idiots, people, anyone with an equal or greater intelligence to him, being wrong
Fears: Deep water, socializing
Quirks: Drinks an unhealthy amount of wine, 
Turn On's: N/A
History: As a child Lucius made a large amount of money by helping gangs in certain ways to get them more resources or weaponry through hacking, when his father found out Lucius got chucked out. This event however never deterred him and he continued to do so, eventually making deals with larger legal, and not so legal sources allowing him to amass a large about of wealth, though lives in seclusion and never leaves his home if he can help it. One of his more notable dealings was with OsCorp as in return for a certain large service, they implanted tech into his body which allowed him to harness electricity, being able to siphon energy from other technology it increase his power for a time.
Quotes: "Screw the rules I have money!"
Extra: Obsessed with robots/AI's/robotic enhancement, not a bad guy but not a good guy either, when comparing him to an actual villain he's like the dictionary definition of "lesser of two evils", often hacks into places and messes with stuff when bored (like the stock market)

Lets flesh this out a bit. 

How young was Lucius when he started using these hacking abilities? Did he make any mistakes along the way? Maybe took money from the wrong people? What did his father do for a living? How large are we talking? Large enough that the authorities would be paying more attention to it? Why would OsCorp do that implant for him? Why would he want it? 

Here's my thoughts on how it could go. Not forcing this to be your backstory, but it's just what's popping into my head here. 

Lucius was always overly confident in his abilities. He believed he could take money from anyone he wanted, no matter how supposedly powerful they were. He had a particularly advantageous in with his Father, who worked at OsCorp. As he learned to hack, he would burrow into his dad's work files and use those access codes to get into OsCorps inner dealings. He of course bragged about his resources to anyone who would lend him an ear, including gang members. To prove himself to these people who he thought were so cool, he managed to get them intel on where OsCorp was making a secret weapons deal. The heist went off without a hitch, or at least so he thought. He had planned the hit out, the gang members were surprisingly cooperative with his orders, and they made off with some impressive weapons that could shoot lasers of all things. 

What they did not know, and what Lucius learned to late, was that these weapons were lojacked. After he discovered this and tried to warn his new friends about how they were going to be discovered, his voice was drowned out by their weapons blowing up, Nearly incinerating the warehouse they were holed up in. Lucius thought he was going to die. 

When he woke up however, he was locked up in an Oscorp lab that he had only seen blueprints of.  Norman Osborn tells the teenager that he knew he had planned that little heist, and he had made sure that anyone who had seen that tech was dealt with. As for Lucius, they've been looking for participants in their more invasive procedures, and a bright, strapping lad such as himself would be the perfect candidate. Lucius tried to talk his way out of it, mentioning everything from his dad to the law, but both of them knew it was pretty futile. Osborn was going to have his pound of flesh for this transgression. 

The experiments were brutal and traumatic, and they ended up changing Lucius. He started being able to see and feel the electromagnetic fields all around him, and he found that he could manipulate them as well, turning devices on and off with his mind and even drawing power into himself. He honed his skills enough for one great escape, where he blasted out of the facility and escaped into the bowels of New York. He's been in hiding ever since, using his talents to amass wealth and resources so he could one day go back to Oscorp and reek his revenge, as well as make himself more powerful. 

WOW... I really like that, probably the only thing i'd change would be between Lucius and his father. Because I want to have the RP start off with Lucius and his Father having a very bad relationship where Lucius' father has cut all ties. But apart from that, it's SUPER good.

28 minutes ago, Skylord Nexus said:

WOW... I really like that, probably the only thing i'd change would be between Lucius and his father. Because I want to have the RP start off with Lucius and his Father having a very bad relationship where Lucius' father has cut all ties. But apart from that, it's SUPER good.

Hell you could have his dad in the room with Osborn cutting ties with him right there. That'd be cold as hell lol.

23 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

Hell you could have his dad in the room with Osborn cutting ties with him right there. That'd be cold as hell lol.

I would, but the direction I kind of want to go in, is that Lucius still cares for his Dad, and his Dad cutting ties was more because he felt guilty and angry at Lucius and himself for what his son had become. 

My general idea is that Lucius did all those things to help his Father with money otherwise they would lose their home which his mother (who passed away) loved, so his Father wasn't around much giving Lucius an opportunity, but obviously money and power corrupts and Lucius fell further down the rabbit hole. The rest would be history.

6 minutes ago, Skylord Nexus said:

I would, but the direction I kind of want to go in, is that Lucius still cares for his Dad, and his Dad cutting ties was more because he felt guilty and angry at Lucius and himself for what his son had become. 

My general idea is that Lucius did all those things to help his Father with money otherwise they would lose their home which his mother (who passed away) loved, so his Father wasn't around much giving Lucius an opportunity, but obviously money and power corrupts and Lucius fell further down the rabbit hole. The rest would be history.

However you want to do it. Oscorp is a known entity so he could hack into it regardless if his father worked there. 

Right, then. Here’s London.

*Real Name: (as in the character’s real name? Or as in my real name, I’d assume not?) London “Delta” Cirrus
*Pronunciation(s): (explain?)
Nickname(s): Delta, Whiz, Gazer
*Occupation: Programmer, techhead, and weapons designer at a major corporation
Sign: N/A
Birthday: N/A
Relatives: None (deceased)
*Appearance: London is a short, well-built man. His hair is blonde, and he wears it in an upwards quiff. 
*Body: Short, well-built man. 
Outfits: A lab coat or a suit or trenchcoat. Inside of his lab coat, he has a graphing calculator and pens and several notepads.
*Height: 5’6”
*Weight: 128
*Personality:
He is happy to contribute to a cause, and he gets along with some people. Generally, he is vocal about his opinions. 
-        Negative Traits       -

He often corrects people when they are wrong, whether appropriate or not. He also acts like a know-it-all, even if he is right. 
*Likes: People who can understand him, cats, B-19847-REX4 plasma launchers
*Dislikes: Dumb people, jerks, other smart people who compete with him
Fears: Isolation
Quirks: He often taps his foot or whistles. 
Turn Ons: N/A
History: N/A
Quotes: 

“If humanity could move past the simple past-times of life, and instead look at the larger scheme, they would not be so hasty as to assume that the masses are correct.”

Extra: He is proficient with piloting, weaponry, and can also hack well. He wears glasses that give him a display in his vision, giving him all sorts of tactical information about people and things.

Weapons:

Primary Weapon: Protobeam Rifle (self-designed)

Protobeams shoot at a rate of 150/second, and they cause deterioration of materials and organic matter. They hurt like the dickens, too.

Secondary: Terminus Electrode pistol (self-designed)

This pistol launches actual orbs of concentrated electricity, and the orbs can be charged for higher damage.

Equipment: 

1x Enigma Mk. 4 Codebreaker (handheld hacking tool, self-designed)

This codebreaker can, with the right user, tap into virtually any computer system. However, this can take time  

1x Scan Headset (self-designed)

This headset, which looks like a pair of glasses, can identify almost anything. It can give information on people, access the Internet, and access weapons to fire remotely. 

1x Comms Unit (internally wired into glasses)

Just your average, everyday comms unit.

1x Batrachotoxin Synth V (suicide pill)

Kills you within 5-10 seconds of ingesting. 

@Skylord Nexus

Your character is not a so much of a techie/hacking main as an superpower main, right? I mean, he has skills, but his main thing is electricity? I don’t mean to encroach.

Edited by Brilliance

(edited)
52 minutes ago, Brilliance said:

Right, then. Here’s London.

*Real Name: (as in the character’s real name? Or as in my real name, I’d assume not?) London “Delta” Cirrus
*Pronunciation(s): (explain?)
Nickname(s): Delta, Whiz, Gazer
*Occupation: Programmer, techhead, and weapons designer at a major corporation
Sign: N/A
Birthday: N/A
Relatives: None (deceased)
*Appearance: London is a short, well-built man. His hair is blonde, and he wears it in an upwards quiff. 
*Body: Short, well-built man. 
Outfits: A lab coat or a suit or trenchcoat. Inside of his lab coat, he has a graphing calculator and pens and several notepads.
*Height: 5’6”
*Weight: 128
*Personality:
He is happy to contribute to a cause, and he gets along with some people. Generally, he is vocal about his opinions. 
-        Negative Traits       -

He often corrects people when they are wrong, whether appropriate or not. He also acts like a know-it-all, even if he is right. 
*Likes: People who can understand him, cats, B-19847-REX4 plasma launchers
*Dislikes: Dumb people, jerks, other smart people who compete with him
Fears: Isolation
Quirks: He often taps his foot or whistles. 
Turn Ons: N/A
History: N/A
Quotes: 

“If humanity could move past the simple past-times of life, and instead look at the larger scheme, they would not be so hasty as to assume that the masses are correct.”

Extra: He is proficient with piloting, weaponry, and can also hack well. He wears glasses that give him a display in his vision, giving him all sorts of tactical information about people and things.

Weapons:

Primary Weapon: Protobeam Rifle (self-designed)

Protobeams shoot at a rate of 150/second, and they cause deterioration of materials and organic matter. They hurt like the dickens, too.

Secondary: Terminus Electrode pistol (self-designed)

This pistol launches actual orbs of concentrated electricity, and the orbs can be charged for higher damage.

Equipment: 

1x Enigma Mk. 4 Codebreaker (handheld hacking tool, self-designed)

This codebreaker can, with the right user, tap into virtually any computer system. However, this can take time  

1x Scan Headset (self-designed)

This headset, which looks like a pair of glasses, can identify almost anything. It can give information on people, access the Internet, and access weapons to fire remotely. 

1x Comms Unit (internally wired into glasses)

Just your average, everyday comms unit.

1x Batrachotoxin Synth V (suicide pill)

Kills you within 5-10 seconds of ingesting. 

@Skylord Nexus

Your character is not a so much of a techie/hacking main as an superpower main, right? I mean, he has skills, but his main thing is electricity? I don’t mean to encroach.

He is a hacker, but his backstory and powerset differentiates him from your character by quite a bit now. 

Speaking of which, I need your backstory. Also a more detailed personality description. 

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 1

@Buck Testa

General

Name: McKenzie Alex Reed

Date Of Birth: October 4th, 1989

Zodiac: Libra // Horse

Species/Race: Human Lupin (( 99.5 % Human Genes and 1.5 % Canis Lupin ))

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Romantic Orientation: Pan - Romantic

Ethnicity: Canadian - American

Heritage: Scottish, Irish, German, Canadian

Personal

Likes: Movies, Music, Internet, Animals, Old People/ Disabled People, Ranches, Cuddling, Having Fun, Spending Time with Significant other, Being  With Friends, Little Kids

Dislikes: Cocky People, Ungrateful People, People who take advantage of others, Abuse, Liars

Hobbies: Writing, Dancing, Playing Guitar, Parkour, Training, Cooking

Fears: Aquaphobia - Fear of Drowing, Clastrophpobia - Fear of Small Spaces, Coulrophobia - Fear of Clowns, Pediophobia - Fear of Dolls, Trypanophobia - Fear of Needles

Personality: McKenzie is a stubborn, adventurous women that seeks out danger and faces it head on. She is loving an protective person, that is willing to do anything to keep the ones she cares about out of harms way. McKenzie is very smart and creative and it usually  helps her out when she gets stuck in certain and deadly situations. She can be very fierce and sassy to other when she wants too; but also be a completely weirdo. McKenzie is very sensitive to certain things like her past and body. She is very insecure about herself and in relationships about why the person choose her. McKenzie is very nerdy and boyish, she will often references nerd things and act like a guy most of the time. She is an introvert and an nightowl, she will most likely stay up really late and sleep really late into the day.

Favorites

Foods: Poptarts, Cheesecake, Dark Chocolate, Steak, Bacon, Strawberries, Apples

Colors: Any shade of blue and green

Season: Winter

Activities: Parkour, Cooking, Writing, Playing Guitar 

Time of Day: Midnight

Appearance

Looks: +     +

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Weight: 158 lbs

Skin Tone: Ivory

Eye Color: Light Brown

Hair Style: Shortish Longish

Body Type: Hourglass

Piercings: Three piercings on left ear and one on the right ear

Scars/Birthmarks: roundish scars on back from infected spider bites, cutting scars on left arm

Tattoos: Tribal tattoo on right shoulder, Little sisters name on lower under arm, Dragon Spirit Animal Tattoo on back

Health

Sight: 20/20

Mental: She has paranoia, depression and schizopherina

Physical: She is physical healthy

Sleep Patterns: She tends to move around when she sleeps, if she wakes up she will turn on her side and go back to sleep

Allergies/Other: She only has seasonal allergies

Abilities/Statistics

Intelligence: 8/10

Martial Arts: 9/10

Battle Skills: 7/10

Agility: 9/10

Strategy: 4/10

Teamwork: 5/10

Assassin Info

Code Name: Lucifer

Outfit: +

Weapons: Bow and Arrow, Hidden Blades, Double Sided Daggers

Fighting Style: Mixed Marital Arts and Krav Maga

Quotes: "Someone's death is more tragic when their story isn't finished." 

Realtionships

Parent(s):

- Marshall Reed; Biological Father

- Camille Sherman; Biological Mother

- Patrick White; Adoptive Father

- Michelle White; Adoptive Mother

Sibling(s): 

- Carrick White; Adoptive Brother

- Tristan White; Adoptive Sister

- Kayden White; Adoptive Brother

- D'Angelo White; Adoptive Brother

- Alex Randles; Biological Younger Brother

- Aurora Sherman; Biological Younger Sister; Dead

Other Relative(s):

- Kent Reed; Biological Uncle

- Merilee Reed; Biological Aunt

Best Friend(s):

- Savannah Jerome

- Zachary Kirstein

- Ashyln Myers

- Hannah Hollenbeck

Friend(s): 

- Autumn Johnson

- Kellie Milliner

- Lesia Byington

- Ella Byington

Enemy(ies):

- Templars

- Anyone that is threat to Humanity

Pet(s):

- King; Male; German Shepherd

BackStory

Childhood years - McKenzie was the first born to Camille and Marshall Reed. A year after her birth; her parents got divorced, after the divorce her mother left her fend of herself. One year after McKenzie was left to fend for herself her mother got remarried and had her little brother Alex. The same process happened to her little brother, but she was there to take him under her wing and took care of them both. McKenzie took on the role of mother, to take care of her brother. When McKenzie was 4 her mother now had a boyfriend that abused her and Alex along with the help of her mother. McKenzie little sister was born and she was immenditay became protective of her baby sister. Six months on a late night, McKenzie and her little brother where locked into a room; while their mother's boyfriend strangled their baby sister. Soon the police arrived and the two siblings finally left the room. After McKenzie's little sister's death, she was taken to her father, but her father was not able to take care of her; so she was taken to her aunt and uncle. She stayed with her biological aunt and uncle took her in. She stayed with her biological aunt and uncle for a year in and out of foster care. Until a family decide to adopt her. She moved into the family's home and was later adoptable by them at the age of six. As she lived with the family problems with stealing food and lying surfaced. Besides with the probablems with stealing and lying her life was fine. She often got in trouble with stealing and lying. She started to show signs of depression and her therapists put her on anti-depression pills. She did well in school made good friends along the way her sixth grade is where she began to suffer in school.

Teenage Years - She got into Jr. High and did a little bit better in school for her seventh grade year, until she was walking home from school one day and was kidnapped. She would later find herself in an research faculty far from home. She finds out with all her problems that they were normal due to her ancestors. She would be put through many animus sessions and injected with canis lupin DNA into her blood stream. She continued the the experiments until, a kind Templar help the suffering girl escape and make her way back home, to be rejected by the family she once loved. She ended up on the run, always being traced by Erasers to bring her back.

Adult Years - After a few of being on the run she managed to pick up a job as a bartender in Brooklyn, New York. She figured out she was better off in Brooklyn where Erasers couldn't track her. She got an apartment and joined the America Brotherhood. She was watched over for a little while but need no training due to she was trained in the Animus.

Theme Song(s):

Hold Me Down By: Halsey
Weak By: AJR
Blame By: Air Traffic Controller
Migraine By: Twenty One Pilots
Forest Fires By: Lauren Aquilina

Notes

- She enjoys playing her guitar, but usually when will play it when she is alone

- Her german shepherd, King, goes any where she goes. He is emotional support dog, so he is an service dog

- She suffers from extremely bad night terrors due to her constant time on the Animus and the experiments that where done on her

- Many people call her Lucifer, because of her slight aggressive nature and the fact when she is angry she is an living hell.

- When she was injected with the Canis Lupin DNA her k-9's mutated and became very sharp and wolf like

Edited by SmokeSong

(edited)

@SmokeSong

Alrighty, so confession time: I stopped playing Assassins creed around the end of the Ezio story line. As such, I'm not that confident that I could seamlessly merge the two worlds together. HOWEVER, I think we may be able to still use the lore though. 

I'm looking over your character and something caught my eye that brought this particular idea all into focus. 

2 hours ago, SmokeSong said:

Mental: She has paranoia, depression and schizopherina

Your character is a paranoid schizophrenic. That is the linchpin I'm going to recommend building your character around. 

From Wikipedia we see that: 

Paranoid schizophrenia manifests itself in an array of symptoms. Common symptoms for paranoid schizophrenia include auditory hallucinations (hearing voices) and paranoid delusions (believing everyone is out to cause the sufferer harm).[3] However, two of the symptoms separate this form of schizophrenia from other forms.

One criterion for separating paranoid schizophrenia from other types is delusion. A delusion is a belief (like the belief that you are an assassin of a long order going back generations, destined to fight the Templar menace) that is held strongly even when the evidence shows otherwise. Some common delusions associated with paranoid schizophrenia include, “believing that the government is monitoring every move you make, or that a co-worker is poisoning your lunch."[3] (or believing that the government is run by the Templar regime and you alone know how to stop them) In all but rare cases, these beliefs are irrational, and can cause the person holding them to behave abnormally. Another frequent type of delusion is a delusion of grandeur, or the “fixed, false belief that one possesses superior qualities such as genius, fame, omnipotence, or wealth."[6][unreliable medical source? (Or the false belief that you're part of this order of assassins that only exist in a videogame) Common ones include, “the belief that you can fly, that you're famous, or that you have a relationship with a famous person."[3]

You see. The Templar's don't exist. There isn't a such thing as a "Human Lupin." In fact we could even go so far as to say she got it from the actual video game. However she believes the lore of Assassins creed is real, and she believes that Templars are running everything and it's all this massive conspiracy. Not that marvel is short of it's share of elaborate conspiracies, but this particular one isn't true. 

However there is one thing that is undeniable. She is quite a skilled fighter. Somehow her delusions of being apart of this long line of assassins has given her the ability to Learn their iconic parkour and fighting ability. Question is how? 

The answer is that she was experimented on, same as Jessica Jones, by the same person. The ability she acquired from that experiment was photographic reflexes. She has the ability to perform any combat maneuver she sees. The reason why she has the abilities of an assassin is because she learned how to do those moves from watching the video game, and because of that, her paranoid schizophrenia encouraged her to believe that she WAS an assassin.

You see where I'm going with this?     

Edited by Buck Testa

12 hours ago, Buck Testa said:

@SmokeSong

Alrighty, so confession time: I stopped playing Assassins creed around the end of the Ezio story line. As such, I'm not that confident that I could seamlessly merge the two worlds together. HOWEVER, I think we may be able to still use the lore though. 

I'm looking over your character and something caught my eye that brought this particular idea all into focus. 

Your character is a paranoid schizophrenic. That is the linchpin I'm going to recommend building your character around. 

From Wikipedia we see that: 

You see. The Templar's don't exist. There isn't a such thing as a "Human Lupin." In fact we could even go so far as to say she got it from the actual video game. However she believes the lore of Assassins creed is real, and she believes that Templars are running everything and it's all this massive conspiracy. Not that marvel is short of it's share of elaborate conspiracies, but this particular one isn't true. 

However there is one thing that is undeniable. She is quite a skilled fighter. Somehow her delusions of being apart of this long line of assassins has given her the ability to Learn their iconic parkour and fighting ability. Question is how? 

The answer is that she was experimented on, same as Jessica Jones, by the same person. The ability she acquired from that experiment was photographic reflexes. She has the ability to perform any combat maneuver she sees. The reason why she has the abilities of an assassin is because she learned how to do those moves from watching the video game, and because of that, her paranoid schizophrenia encouraged her to believe that she WAS an assassin.

You see where I'm going with this?     

Oof I like it, but Human Lupin is what she became after the Wolf genes where injected into her. She is still that, but I like the idea though.

I really like that idea and it makes more special to the character. All have to take out the hidden blades and things related to that.

Edited by SmokeSong

On 4/18/2018 at 8:40 AM, Buck Testa said:

He is a hacker, but his backstory and powerset differentiates him from your character by quite a bit now. 

Speaking of which, I need your backstory. Also a more detailed personality description. 

Oh, yeah! Alright. 

Basically, he had a pretty average childhood. His father and mother both worked for a larger company, until the company’s CEO stole one of his mother’s genius ideas and then fired his parents. Both of his parents were forced to work in mines until a cave-in killed his mother and injured his father. London worked his @$$ off keeping money coming into the house, so that his father could pay for the medical bills. His heart subsequently failed and he died. London then got a job at the very same company where his parents worked. 

1 minute ago, Brilliance said:

Oh, yeah! Alright. 

Basically, he had a pretty average childhood. His father and mother both worked for a larger company, until the company’s CEO stole one of his mother’s genius ideas and then fired his parents. Both of his parents were forced to work in mines until a cave-in killed his mother and injured his father. London worked his @$$ off keeping money coming into the house, so that his father could pay for the medical bills. His heart subsequently failed and he died. London then got a job at the very same company where his parents worked. 

That backstory is sad.

2 minutes ago, JustAnAmatureWriter said:

That backstory is sad.

Yeah. London is pretty @#$&ed up. But he is still a nice guy. 

By the way, good to see you, Smoke. Glad you can still join. 

Edited by Brilliance

1 minute ago, JustAnAmatureWriter said:

Same with my character, her childhood and teenage years where pretty much a living hell.

He also loved his mom more than his dad, and his dad was sorta dumb, and his dad was also in an almost vegetative state from brain damage. Fortunately he died before London decided to pull the plug.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Brilliance said:

Basically, he had a pretty average childhood.

Average is good, but how? Was he showing signs of being pretty smart as a kid? Was he making inventions? Was he picked on? Did he do the bullying? What kind of school did he attend? 

Both of his parents were forced to work in mines until a cave-in killed his mother and injured his father

His father and mother both worked for a larger company, until the company’s CEO stole one of his mother’s genius ideas and then fired his parents.

Actually had something like this happen to my dad. I was absolutely livid at the company. How angry was your character? What did he want to do in retaliation for that? How did the parents take it? 

Also What company is this? I'd say, considering your character's affinity for weapon design that we go with a corporation called Advanced Idea Mechanics, or A.I.M

A.I.M was originally an offshoot of Hydra back in the day, but it developed into its own organization and is all about making advanced technology and weaponry. 

Another solid choice would be Roxxon, which is a massive Conglomerate finding it's place in the world through Oil. A lot of companies already in the Netflix end of the MCU have connections to Roxxon, including the law firm Landman and Zack which Matt Murdock and his buddy interned at. 

Both of his parents were forced to work in mines until a cave-in killed his mother and injured his father

Now this part confuses me a smidgen. They are intelligent people and inventors yes? So how would taking one of their inventions (assuming before they got the patent on it) completely put them in these dire straights? What would force them to be in this situation? 

Here's a thought. Maybe the company didn't fire them. Maybe what the company did was demote them into a dangerous position, and the parents could not get out of this because of iron clad contractual agreements. This company took their invention idea, the parents were livid and as punishment for their anger they were shoved into these horrid working conditions. If they dared to quit, they would have the wrath of their legal team on their asses, and they wouldn't be allowed to be competition for the corporation for an obscene amount of time even if they did get free. Then maybe there was an "accident", and the parents ended up getting killed with very little repercussion against the company. We know for a fact companies can do just that because of scandals like at Konami, where they do very similar things to their game developers. 

What do you think of that? 

Edited by Buck Testa

3 hours ago, Buck Testa said:

Average is good, but how? Was he showing signs of being pretty smart as a kid? Was he making inventions? Was he picked on? Did he do the bullying? What kind of school did he attend? 

Actually had something like this happen to my dad. I was absolutely livid at the company. How angry was your character? What did he want to do in retaliation for that? How did the parents take it? 

Also What company is this? I'd say, considering your character's affinity for weapon design that we go with a corporation called Advanced Idea Mechanics, or A.I.M

A.I.M was originally an offshoot of Hydra back in the day, but it developed into its own organization and is all about making advanced technology and weaponry. 

Another solid choice would be Roxxon, which is a massive Conglomerate finding it's place in the world through Oil. A lot of companies already in the Netflix end of the MCU have connections to Roxxon, including the law firm Landman and Zack which Matt Murdock and his buddy interned at. 

Now this part confuses me a smidgen. They are intelligent people and inventors yes? So how would taking one of their inventions (assuming before they got the patent on it) completely put them in these dire straights? What would force them to be in this situation? 

Here's a thought. Maybe the company didn't fire them. Maybe what the company did was demote them into a dangerous position, and the parents could not get out of this because of iron clad contractual agreements. This company took their invention idea, the parents were livid and as punishment for their anger they were shoved into these horrid working conditions. If they dared to quit, they would have the wrath of their legal team on their asses, and they wouldn't be allowed to be competition for the corporation for an obscene amount of time even if they did get free. Then maybe there was an "accident", and the parents ended up getting killed with very little repercussion against the company. We know for a fact companies can do just that because of scandals like at Konami, where they do very similar things to their game developers. 

What do you think of that? 

Sounds great with the non-firing-but-demoting idea. I like it better. 

A.I.M. sounds good. I like the acronym. AIM. 

Forgot all about his childhood actions. 

First of all, he was a pretty smart kid. Ya know, the stereotype of a “nerd” except that he was also cool because his parents were wealthy and working for a powerful company. He attended a private school until his parents’ smaller salary forced him to go to a public school, which he hated. He was never really mean though.

When he was twelve, he blasted himself backward into a tree, earning a concussion, after he built a mini RPG using household supplies, including hairspray and other chemicals and part of an old pipe. 

He contemplated killing the CEO of AIM for a while, but then decided against it. 

55 minutes ago, Brilliance said:

First of all, he was a pretty smart kid. Ya know, the stereotype of a “nerd” except that he was also cool because his parents were wealthy and working for a powerful company. He attended a private school until his parents’ smaller salary forced him to go to a public school, which he hated. He was never really mean though.

I could see him knowing how to maneuver around a private school, but maybe the public school was rougher than he was used to? Think about it, a kid who used to be wealthy (in these public school kids eyes anyway) to being "one of them" down there in the hell that is public education. People love to watch the mighty/wealthy/famous fall even more than they love an underdog story. They'd want to eat this kid alive just for daring to be wealthy at one point, where none of them ever had such a break. I could see him having a buddy or two in public school, but he'd definitely find himself on the hit list. You get what I mean? 

When he was twelve, he blasted himself backward into a tree, earning a concussion, after he built a mini RPG using household supplies, including hairspray and other chemicals and part of an old pipe. 

Snowballing off my previous idea here, what if there was a reason for him throwing these weapons together? Maybe he never intended on using them on people, but perhaps it worked off the stress and anger he was feeling from where his life was going. His parents were working in ever worse conditions while trying to fight for their principles, his school life had turned to hell, and all of it spiraled out of control because his parents HAD to take a stand over something like this. They could have just invented something else, but instead they had to take the path of most resistance and make his life hell. 

He contemplated killing the CEO of AIM for a while, but then decided against it. 

Maybe the reason he didn't want to kill the AIM CEO is because over time he didn't see it as HIS fault for their life going bad, it was his Parents fault for being so stubborn and unyielding, martyring themselves for nothing and making them lose everything. Maybe he said this at their funeral to the CEO who had showed up for what he pretended was condolences. Maybe the reason why the he ended up working for the same company his parents did was because the CEO liked what the kid had to say, and he took the bright lad under his wing thinking that he could make him into a corrupt and compliant inventor at his company, like he had wanted the parents to be in the first place. However if your character ever learned that their deaths wasn't an accident at all, perhaps that would turn him against them permanently. 

2 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

I could see him knowing how to maneuver around a private school, but maybe the public school was rougher than he was used to? Think about it, a kid who used to be wealthy (in these public school kids eyes anyway) to being "one of them" down there in the hell that is public education. People love to watch the mighty/wealthy/famous fall even more than they love an underdog story. They'd want to eat this kid alive just for daring to be wealthy at one point, where none of them ever had such a break. I could see him having a buddy or two in public school, but he'd definitely find himself on the hit list. You get what I mean? 

Snowballing off my previous idea here, what if there was a reason for him throwing these weapons together? Maybe he never intended on using them on people, but perhaps it worked off the stress and anger he was feeling from where his life was going. His parents were working in ever worse conditions while trying to fight for their principles, his school life had turned to hell, and all of it spiraled out of control because his parents HAD to take a stand over something like this. They could have just invented something else, but instead they had to take the path of most resistance and make his life hell. 

Maybe the reason he didn't want to kill the AIM CEO is because over time he didn't see it as HIS fault for their life going bad, it was his Parents fault for being so stubborn and unyielding, martyring themselves for nothing and making them lose everything. Maybe he said this at their funeral to the CEO who had showed up for what he pretended was condolences. Maybe the reason why the he ended up working for the same company his parents did was because the CEO liked what the kid had to say, and he took the bright lad under his wing thinking that he could make him into a corrupt and compliant inventor at his company, like he had wanted the parents to be in the first place. However if your character ever learned that their deaths wasn't an accident at all, perhaps that would turn him against them permanently. 

Jeez, you’re good at this! Also you seem to be very involved!

So, added a bit to his backstory, here it is:

London did not inherit his parent’s money; it was actually taken during a legal snaffoo where A.I.M. took the money, claiming right to the funds through the patent of his mother’s invention. The invention was constructed only once; when the CEO (what should I call him?) had his technicians build it. Subsequently it was stolen and reverse-engineered by London, who now uses it. The invention itself is a white box-like object. It folds out into “force armor” which is a visible shimmering clear white layer that coats the body of the user. It is a type of light, so it is not liquid. It deflects most lesser firearms and can even stand up to plasma cannon fire for a short time, but if hit enough, it will eventually de-materialize, going back into the cube, which must be recharged using concentrated plutonium, which can cause radiation poisoning if not performed properly. Its [the device] intent was to be used for war. 

London also dealt with bullying though grades 8-12 until he got a job and borrowed money to go to “a mildly prestigious college” according to him. 

He constructed homemade weapons to take his anger out on something; while mostly a peaceful person, he also needed to let out his anger, which is what sparked his affinity with weapons nowadays. 

1 minute ago, Brilliance said:

Jeez, you’re good at this! Also you seem to be very involved!

I'm something of a writer. Ultimately I want to be an full blown self employed author someday. I'm currently dealing with some writers block for my own stuff at the moment, which is why I'm taking my creative frustrations out on this rp lol. 

I also plan on using all the info i'm getting with you guys in this rp. Make it personalized while still in the MCU. 

I think we got a solid character for you now. @Skylord Nexus 's character seems about finished as well. @JustAnAmatureWriter requested to tweak/change her character a bit more and once that's done I'll make the opening post. 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

I'm something of a writer. Ultimately I want to be an full blown self employed author someday. I'm currently dealing with some writers block for my own stuff at the moment, which is why I'm taking my creative frustrations out on this rp lol. 

I also plan on using all the info i'm getting with you guys in this rp. Make it personalized while still in the MCU. 

I think we got a solid character for you now. @Skylord Nexus 's character seems about finished as well. @JustAnAmatureWriter requested to tweak/change her character a bit more and once that's done I'll make the opening post. 

Once question: do you want me (and all other participants) to post a full, updated loadout, or does everypony pretty much know?

Just now, Brilliance said:

Once question: do you want me (and all other participants) to post a full, updated loadout, or does everypony pretty much know?

Loadout in terms of equipment? I think It'd be best to clarify what a character has on them in the rp. I don't think anyone here is going to pull a 60's batman and have whatever they need whenever they need it lol. That said I'm sure your character is going to have quite the variety of tech to work with given where he works and such. There's also going to be moments where you're unarmed and you're going to have to think on your feet. Either way we'll play it out organically. If there's something especially bs then I'll call it out, but I'm pretty open to the rule of cool. 

• Brohoof 1