Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

advanced Marvel Cinematic Universe Rp OOC

Buck Testa

7 hours ago, Buck Testa said:

Could I get more of a description of what he looks like. I see that he's pale and 6'2, he's got combed back black hair, and he usually wears suits. What does his face look like? How built or lack there of is he? 

I did say he was slightly toned. As for face, it's kinda hard i'm not good at describing faces either. Well he has brown eyes, no facial hair, average nose, average lips, he's quite handsome I guys. That work I bit better?

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Looking through, it doesn't seem like you've locked down signups yet. I've been away and trying to get back into things. Room for one more? I'd like to adapt my character from the previous Super RP you did.

The only thing I know is I'd like to have her be a huge fangirl of Tony, having been doing similar things on a working budget and not having gone to market. Also something something magical instead of technical?

I've always done a magical female Tony Stark in such things.

Help me flesh this out please?

Edited by Lektra Bolt

5 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Looking through, it doesn't seem like you've locked down signups yet. I've been away and trying to get back into things. Room for one more? I'd like to adapt my character from the previous Super RP you did.

The only thing I know is I'd like to have her be a huge fangirl of Tony, having been doing similar things on a working budget and not having gone to market. Also something something magical instead of technical?

I've always done a magical female Tony Stark in such things.

Help me flesh this out please?

Here's the thing. We already have two characters that are VERY Tony Stark focused. I had to work to differentiate them from one another. We also have an electricity based character also. So yes I'm totally down for another character in the roster, but I would definitely urge you to try something different so I have some diversity to work with in the Roster. 

I noticed and that's why I'm asking for help, cause I don't have anything else prepared and creating a new character takes weeks if not months. You know my MESSED UP thought process Buck, and that they're not just simple characters to me

1 minute ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I noticed and that's why I'm asking for help, cause I don't have anything else prepared and creating a new character takes weeks if not months. You know my MESSED UP thought process Buck, and that they're not just simple characters to me

If you want, you can pick an established marvel character that could probably work in the MCU. That'll help save some time making the character. 

(edited)

I did have a character that could possibly work, but she's um, super weird. She's also named Lektra but not the human one I did in the MLP EG earlier. She's a dimensional traveler (from another fandom that doesn't have RP so I use her in supers) and should work, but like I said she's super weird and might be under powered for the MCU.

Other than that, I'd rather just reuse the one I had and make her distinct from the other two unless you won't allow it

Edited by Lektra Bolt

2 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I did have a character that could possibly work, but she's um, super weird. She's also named Lektra but not the human one I did in the MLP EG earlier. She's a dimensional traveler (from another fandom that doesn't have RP so I use her in supers) and should work, but like I said she's super weird and might be under powered for the MCU

Ehhh, I already had a rather difficult exchange about trying to integrate lore from entirely different universes into this rp. Especially universes I don't know. Also the name Lektra may end up be confusing with Electra being a thing. 

I'd implore you to try for a different character this time round. I think you could come up with something new and exciting for this rp!

I will have a look at the other Stark fans and get back to you, cause as far as I know magical implementation is pretty distinct. I am just not good at making entirely new characters on the spot

Unless you actually plan to participate in the RP as described; don't bother posting. Off topic posting is not permitted here.

Thank you.

• Brohoof 1

Okay I'm seeing one Tony fanboy played by Nexus. Maybe the other one isn't apparent to me?

What I was thinking of doing is basically Static like I did before powers wise, but because she's been working with enchantments on technology she's really closer to Doctor Strange (post his movie of course) than Tony Stark. People can't tell the difference between Magitek and the regular kind unless they practice the art also, and it can be incompatible with standard technology if you want a weakness.

How do you feel about technomancy/technopathy?

As far as name goes I never really understood the connection, since the pronounciation is different. There is no silent E at the beginning, it's just Lek-tra. Two sylables

1 minute ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Okay I'm seeing one Tony fanboy played by Nexus. Maybe the other one isn't apparent to me?

What I was thinking of doing is basically Static like I did before powers wise, but because she's been working with enchantments on technology she's really closer to Doctor Strange (post his movie of course) than Tony Stark. People can't tell the difference between Magitek and the regular kind unless they practice the art also, and it can be incompatible with standard technology if you want a weakness.

How do you feel about technomancy/technopathy?

As far as name goes I never really understood the connection, since the pronounciation is different. There is no silent E at the beginning, it's just Lek-tra. Two sylables

The electric character was originally very similar to the tony fan, I had him alter his character. He is still very similar, with them both being hackers who work for wealthy organizations and have an interest in weapons dealing. I allow it cause the static one is distinctly more on the badguy end than the other, something I'm planning on toying with. 

I feel that the electric character is already dipping his toe into that field. Again, I'm STRONGLY urging you to try a different path here. I have very little interest in having a third genius tech person with hacking abilities and technological powers that works for a multi million/billion dollar company. Please don't keep making me repeat this point.  

(edited)

Well then unless you can help me diversify, thanks for your time. I tried. See you in other RPs. Really wanted to be a part of this since I like Marvel a lot and never missed an episode of SHIELD, but meh these things happen

BTW I never play rich. I'm usually working on my own salary, so genius yes wealthy no

Edited by Lektra Bolt

2 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Well then unless you can help me diversify, thanks for your time. I tried. See you in other RPs. Really wanted to be a part of this since I like Marvel a lot and never missed an episode of SHIELD, but meh these things happen

BTW I never play rich. I'm usually working on their own salary, so genius yes wealthy no

I can, but It'll be a bit later, I've got a bit of a headache rn. I do want you in this, especially if you have knowledge in SHIELD (something I'm lacking in actually). 

Hell if you want to be a shield agent or something I can work with that. That'll give the tech powers more of a secret agent gadget maker edge instead of yet another tony stark clone. 

(edited)

Well when you have time then, no hurry I guess.

As for SHIELD, it's in a very very weird place. Like the show has been doing very good but it's constantly on the bubble. The directors have written the current season as a series finale cause they don't know if they will get another one.

Without going into major spoilers (unless you want them by PM and want to actually cross the show into the greater MCU which it hasn't been doing), SHIELD in the show at least is very very dead. Like it's there but it's not like it is in the MCU. There are the core agent characters and there are like, three or four actual 'faceless' (they do have names and lines, but you don't have the sense of a big organization anymore since the place is largely empty) agents left if that. The organization took a big hit with the Cap movie and Hydra reveal with a decline in staff over each season but since it hasn't happened yet in your continuity I guess it's still government funded and all that. Since the events of that the show has heavily diverged from the usual SHIELD norm that we know in the movies/comics. They've gone underground and they're basically black ops and off books now as far as missions go, sometimes even facing off with the government instead.

Since Avengers 1 hasn't happened yet I guess SHIELD is in an ok place, but as you time warp forward in the MCU if you choose to SHIELD keeps up as well. Once we get to the Cap movie is when THINGS GO NUTS, and I'd have to explain what I'm doing during those events and after as well. Seasons 4 and 5 are post Hydra inside SHIELD thing, and it changes the whole dynamic of the show heavily. Also since then the tie ins have been very light.

This is the best I can do other than spoiling everything in 5 seasons

Edited by Lektra Bolt

4 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Well when you have time then, no hurry I guess.

As for SHIELD, it's in a very very weird place. Like the show has been doing very good but it's constantly on the bubble. The directors have written the current season as a series finale cause they don't know if they will get another one.

Without going into major spoilers (unless you want them by PM and want to actually cross the show into the greater MCU which it hasn't been doing), SHIELD in the show at least is very very dead. Like it's there but it's not like it is in the MCU. There are the core agent characters and there are like, three or four actual 'faceless' (they do have names and lines, but you don't have the sense of a big organization anymore since the place is largely empty) agents left if that. The organization took a big hit with the Cap movie and Hydra reveal with a decline in staff over each season but since it hasn't happened yet in your continuity I guess it's still government funded and all that. Since the events of that the show has heavily diverged from the usual SHIELD norm that we know in the movies/comics. They've gone underground and they're basically black ops and off books now as far as missions go, sometimes even facing off with the government instead.

This is the best I can do other than spoiling everything in 5 seasons

That shouldn't be too much of a problem. The rp started right after the reveal of Iron Man being Tony Stark. 

(edited)

I added more details. We can work with this when you have time I guess

The last episode that ties into Thanos hasn't aired yet as of this writing, and I'm waiting for the next to last one to go up on On Demand

Edited by Lektra Bolt

@Buck Testa

As accommodating as you have been, I see your distress at two Stark clones. I can differentiate further (my latest attempt at that was with Jackson, although in retrospect, she may have simulated Pepper). Let me know if you need anything of that sort. 

@Lektra Bolt

If I may give a suggestion for your character. The main problem there seems to be hear is that your characters too techy right? So what if you changed slightly to where she's purely magical, so she can still be smart, but magic smart (and even hilariously inept with tech if you want) because then she can still enchant stuff and use magic, but is then pretty different from everyone else.