Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Is it easy for you to say '' I'm sorry ''?

Berry-Bliss-Sundae

I'm a little bored so I decided to make this post friendly to discuss a little about the different personalities and points of view, so let's get started! :yay:

I am the kind of person who believes that forgiveness is good ... either because of some bad word you said, some comment, some bad action ... or something that we regret, I think forgiveness is good (eye, this does not mean that because there is the word forgiveness we have the right to be bad, none of that, do not confuse.) 

in your case, Do you have trouble saying "I'm sorry"? Justify your answer :fluttershy: 

• Brohoof 3

I have a bit of an ego, so it's hard to say I'm sorry unless I'm sincere. Which usually I am---so I guess the answer is...yes? It's easy? But if I feel I'm right, I shouldn't have to apologise. That's a very rude way of looking at it, but let's just say it's hard to swallow that Leonian Pride I have.

• Brohoof 1

It's hardly to say if it's hard for me, because I can only tell when particular things happen. 

I always say that even sometimes I don't really feel sorry or I have no idea if I should feel sorry or not... sometimes tis maybe because I wanna be polite, but I'd rather call that inferiority. 

And I feel it hard to say when tis very serious and i feel really very guilty inside, I wanna fix but I don't dare to, finally I think I can find a way to say sorry, but it is hard for me because there must be a struggle. 

When I don't feel sorry for something at all, and it is serious, I will never say sorry, because I know it is not my fault, and you can't force me to apologize. I defend my principle and will not say it when it shouldn't be me to feel sorry. 

Edited by twilly_brony
  • Brohoof 1

Not really, but I've never dodged the issue.  If I mess up, I own up to it and take my licks.  That's just the way I am.

Edited by Mortar
  • Brohoof 1

I say 'I'm sorry' a lot. Not necessarily because I do bad things all the time, but because I kind of obsess over making everyone happy and avoiding any unhappiness, even if I'm just imagining it. So I apologize quite a bit for not doing things as well as I should, being too late, being too early, apologizing too much, and so on. 

Apologies are a good thing though. It's civilized, and when a few words can make the difference between someone else being happy or unhappy, it's certainly worth it. I often say that there's only one way to destroy bad things, and that's to forgive them. Apologies are an important step in that process.  

• Brohoof 2

I don't have "trouble" saying sorry, I just rarely ever do say so. I have little reasons to do so since I rarely ever do anything that would warrant an apology from me. The only place you will ever see me in a "sorry" mode is when I am at my workplace. That's when I go full customer-service mode and I can say sorry for the smallest thing such as just bumping into someone, even my own co-workers. 

• Brohoof 1

Honestly? It's hard to say; it all depends on what exactly I'm apologizing for. If it's for something trivial, than it's no real problem at all for me. For example, if I accidentally spilled some water onto someone's floor, I would apologize for that with no problem at all. :)

If it's something, well, bigger, than I can encounter some problems. It's not that I'm not sorry, it''s just harder to apologize for. I can think of two instances where I've had to apologize for something, both having to do with this Forum:

• The first was for a little phase I was going through. Long story short, I was becoming a bit of an attention hog, posting a bunch of rubbish that I didn't need to post, saying things I didn't need to say, and a whole bunch of other things just to get brohoofs (or any other reactions). Thankfully, I've since gotten over this, but it is admittedly probably the most embarrassing thing I've had to say on this site.
  • The second time was a lot more personal, though. To cut a long story even shorter, I was having... "perception issues" with a good friend of mine, @Rarity the Supreme. I originally discussed it with a few of my other friends here, but I eventually decided that I needed to approach them. I was expecting the absolute worst, but thankfully, it went very smoothly. If anything, our friendship only got stronger!
So, yeah; that's my view on it. Some things are easier to apologize for than others... but that's almost never stopped me. :rarity:

I apologize a lot of the time when I'm outside, I'm trying to change "I'm sorry" with "excuse me".  I kinda feel that if you use I'm sorry too much it starts feeling insincere to people around you.  I don't know why I feel that way. :confused:

Even though it's a movie. Judy Hopps is without a doubt one of the best animated characters in recent history, because unlike most pathetic characters she gave a tearful apology when she knew she did wrong.

if you have a hard time apologizing when you know you did wrong to your friend, then beat it, you don't deserve your friend, because you're scum.

Edited by Karnak
  • Brohoof 2

as a general response to all the comments (although I would like to answer one by one but I feel it would be very long xD) first of all thank you very much for commenting, this is my first post and it makes me happy that they took it into account and even more as a reflection. :fluttershy: 

Everyone has their "I'm sorry" persecution but most of us agree on something, if you do something bad, the correct thing is to remedy it in some way (I mean about serious issues) I am glad to know that you have a nice concept about human relationships and how important friendship and relationships with your loved ones (and even strangers) I can see for of comments, all those who have wrote, I think they have a good heart. :rarity: 

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Berry-Bliss-Sundae said:

as a general response to all the comments (although I would like to answer one by one but I feel it would be very long xD) first of all thank you very much for commenting, this is my first post and it makes me happy that they took it into account and even more as a reflection. :fluttershy: 

Everyone has their "I'm sorry" persecution but most of us agree on something, if you do something bad, the correct thing is to remedy it in some way (I mean about serious issues) I am glad to know that you have a nice concept about human relationships and how important friendship and relationships with your loved ones (and even strangers) I can see for of comments, all those who have wrote, I think they have a good heart. :rarity: 

@Berry-Bliss-Sundae I needed to see this, this helped me realize what a monster I was turning into.

I am Canadian, so.......

I'm kidding here, but I do say sorry very easily. I feel guilty for something I do very easily, no matter if it's all in my head or not. And when I do, I naturally apologies to whatever I think I did wrong, whether I actually did something wrong or not. I think that you should always be saying sorry for both small and big things you did wrong. It really shows who you are personality-wise and I feel like I usually live up to this motto.

• Brohoof 3

19 hours ago, Karnak said:

@ Berry-Bliss-Sundae  Necesitaba ver esto, esto me ayudó a darme cuenta de en qué monstruo me estaba convirtiendo.

Why would you feel like a monster?
no person is a monster, for me we are human beings who sometimes make mistakes ... but this does not mean that we can not amend them! As my father says, everything in this life has a solution except death. cheer up! :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

I keep apologizing so much that my friends ask me why I'm apologizing in the first place. The hard part of it is that if I apologize too much, people will tell me not to apologize and then I'll apologize for apologizing. And thus the circle goes on for who knows how long!