Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Is it easy for you to say '' I'm sorry ''?

Berry-Bliss-Sundae

I'm quick to apologize and due to my difficulty communicating with others, sometimes, my "apologies" comes off as insincere, making others completely miss that I genuinely want to improve myself.

• Brohoof 2

If it’s something like “Sorry, typed that wrong” nah, but a real problem, yea, because most people nowadays are such dumbasses, usually they think the other person is wrong. If I didn’t do anything, no way am I appologizing. 

Heyyy I’m tired of fake friends, alright?

On 4/20/2018 at 12:58 AM, meme said:

Far from it. I apologize for every little thing.

What! I'm so offended I just can't believe you'd say that! gawd!

The difficulty for me depends on circumstance. If it resolves a problem, I will apologize. But I don't like to apologize simply to make someone else feel better...that's not what it's for! One of my biggest PEEVs is enabling...can't stand people farming for apologies by getting offended and upset all the time. Ridiculous. And mentally unhealthy.

It really all depends on the situation. Most of the time though, it can be hard for me to admit "I'm sorry" to someone. It's just that I can be REALLY prideful, wish I wasn't that way, but I am. 

• Brohoof 2

It can be, yes. But I've always had it in my mind that if it's difficult to apologize then my ego needs a serious reigning in. 

It is easier to say "sorry" sarcastically than actually meaning it. 

(Depending on the situation of course.)

• Brohoof 1

I've never cared for the whole pride thing... I don't quite understand it either.

If I screw up, I say sorry.

I have no difficulty with apologizing to people... in fact I probably do it a bit too much. If I think that someone might be the slightest bit upset by something I did, then I say that I'm sorry.

I actually have more respect for people who admit it when they screw up then people who try to "protect their ego" and try to brush it off or even worse, pass the blame to someone else.

• Brohoof 1

"I'm sorry" are probably two of my most said words, especially in context of interactions with other people (as opposed to general posts on the internet, FB, etc.). But that doesn't mean I always say them when they need to be said if I'm being honest. lol Most of my apologies are for stuff like stopping someone to talk with them, because I know I'm annoying and take up too much space.

Edited by Envy

I apologize a lot since I don't like discipline, however when I do something really bad (whether or not I had the wrong intentions) it may be hard saying I'm sorry. Also it depends on who I'm saying it to :wacko: .

I never apologize. If I offend someone I dislike it's usually done with forethought, so I don't end up regretting it later in most cases. If I inadvertently (or advertently) offend someone I like, they usually understand me well enough to just drop the whole thing once it's said and done. No need for formal apologies. I assume they're all intelligent enough to know when I'm being a jerk and when I'm back to being nice again and forgetting the whole thing. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-04-21 at 1:24 PM, Berry-Bliss-Sundae said:

Why would you feel like a monster?
no person is a monster, for me we are human beings who sometimes make mistakes ... but this does not mean that we can not amend them! As my father says, everything in this life has a solution except death. cheer up! :rarity:

Not all of us identify as human beings, however. I don't.

The correct sentence would either be, "We are individuals," or "We are human beings or otherkin or what it is you identify as".

I find myself hopelessly saying sorry over and over when I really have no reason to be, but on the flip side then have trouble squeezing out a sincere sorry when I need to be.

• 2 weeks later...

It used to be difficult for me to apologize to others. Over the years, i've learned to more often admit when I was wrong.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
(edited)

Nope, I apologize about five times per half hour :laugh:

Everyone who actually knows me knows this, and I get told to stop apologizing on a regular basis

I've also been told cause I apologize so often I don't mean it, which is really never the case I swear

Edited by Lektra Bolt

It's easy for me to say "sorry" in a quick, almost non-emotional way. But when it comes to actually meaning it 100%, it's a bit more difficult.
It's not that I don't mean it, it's just because of my ego, hahaha.
But for instance, if I had a partner that I made upset, it'd be easy for me to be sorry about it. But with friends/some family it's harder.

The only thing that makes it difficult is my social awkwardness and not wanting to make anything worse. When I get passed that, it is easy for me to acknowledge my own screw ups and try to ease a situation. I am not one to hold grudges unless someone really gives me a reason to have one.

• Brohoof 1