Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What will Discord do once Fluttershy passes away?

Wonderbolt Slipstream

5 minutes ago, Senko said:

Not a fan of it msyelf (the infertile Fluttershy part) even if they're lesbians/not interested in sex I'd rather they have the option just like I don't like thinkjing about Scootaloo never being able to fly.

You'd prefer a timelord regeneration then die and come back as a new body. Its not just the apperance or the general personality as you see in the tv series in the books there's mentions of Timelords who find their interests changing as they shift so one incarnation may be fascinated by science while another finds it boring.

Personally I think I'd rather the Celesita/discord type of immortality if I have to live forever I'd like to at least be able to remember it. To use the series as an example if I were an immortal Alicorn I'd want to be able to remember the friends/loved ones I had. Even if they've been gone a thousand years they're not forgotten, never forgotten. Whereas if you reincarnate and lose the memories either permanently or temporaily (like the mad monk movie I watched last night) then they really are gone.

Nevertheless, sh*t happens. An infertile person may want to be fertile, but they cannot change the fact that they cannot have children of their own.

Not really. I would rather remember little to nothing about my "past lives". Why would I want to?

Note: They are immortal AND eternally youthful.

But then you realize that you will never die, and everyone else will. You begin to wonder, "What is even the point?" Why do you think Immortals tend to toy with mortals? So they won't go insane and/or possibly evil. You try spending your time alone for all eternity.

Edited by SageofSong

Just now, SageofSong said:

Nevertheless, sh*t happens. An infertile person may one to be fertile, but they cannot change it.

Not really. I would rather remember little to nothing about my "past lives". Why would I want to?

Note: They are immortal AND eternally youthful.

But then you realize that you will never die, and everyone else will. You begin to wonder, "What is even the point?" Why do you think Immortals tend to toy with mortals? So they won't go insane and/or possibly evil. You try spending your time alone for all eternity.

Yep doesn't mean I can't pretend its not the case in a show for amusement,.

To each their own.

I admit that tends to go with the immortal package in my head, if you keep aging then you move into "can't die" territory.

Yep its a hazard of immortailtiy its so very easy to just withdraw or start toying with those who have such a brief lifespan. Again I refer you to mad monk on Netflix its old, its campy, you can ltieral see the wires at times but its not a bad view of immortailty. There's one immortal who seems to be fairly young and is trying to make things easier for mortals whereas the others are convinced that the only thing that matters is their rules and are furious at him (admitedly his eating their dog may also contribute). Anyway they make a bet he will reincarnate as a mortal, eventually get his memories but not his powers back and has 3 day's to change the fate of 3 individuals. One destined to 9 lifetimes as a begger, one to 9 lifetimes as a villain and 1 to 9 lifetimes as a person of negotiable affection.

I actually think it ma be part of why Celestia started her school for gifted unicorns its to remind herself constantly that they matter no matter how small their triumphs seem to her they matter.

3 minutes ago, Senko said:

Yep doesn't mean I can't pretend its not the case in a show for amusement,.

To each their own.

I admit that tends to go with the immortal package in my head, if you keep aging then you move into "can't die" territory.

Yep its a hazard of immortailtiy its so very easy to just withdraw or start toying with those who have such a brief lifespan. Again I refer you to mad monk on Netflix its old, its campy, you can ltieral see the wires at times but its not a bad view of immortailty. There's one immortal who seems to be fairly young and is trying to make things easier for mortals whereas the others are convinced that the only thing that matters is their rules and are furious at him (admitedly his eating their dog may also contribute). Anyway they make a bet he will reincarnate as a mortal, eventually get his memories but not his powers back and has 3 day's to change the fate of 3 individuals. One destined to 9 lifetimes as a begger, one to 9 lifetimes as a villain and 1 to 9 lifetimes as a person of negotiable affection.

I actually think it ma be part of why Celestia started her school for gifted unicorns its to remind herself constantly that they matter no matter how small their triumphs seem to her they matter.

She may be infertile, she may not be. She may be a lesbian, she may not be. She may not be interested in sex, or she may be a sex addict behind closed doors. We just don't know.

There is a famous myth about an Ancient Egyptian ruler who begged one of her gods to grant her eternal life (but she did not mention eternal youth). Her wish was granted, but she kept on aging. Within a thousand years, she was smaller than a grape, and she was in constant pain.

Exactly. Everything they do is for the greater good. I'm just wondering why it took her so longer to figure out that school may be a good idea. :adorkable:

Edited by SageofSong

2 minutes ago, SageofSong said:

She may be infertile, she may not be. She may be a lesbian, she may not be. She may not be interested in sex, or she may be a sex addict behind closed doors. We just don't know.

There is a famous myth about an Ancient Egyptian ruler who begged one of her gods to grant her eternal life (but she did not mention eternal youth). Her wish was granted, but she kept on aging. Within a thousand years, she was smaller than a grape, and she was in constant pain.

Exactly. Everything they do is for the greater good. I'm just wondering why it took her so longer to figure out that school may be a good idea. :adorkable:

And that is why you are very, very, very, VERY careful with any being who grants you a wish.

Rule 1 of dealing with wish granting beings) Don't do it.

Rule 2 of dealing with wish granting beings) If you must do it go in knowing your going to be ahemed.

Well we don't actually know when the school started it could have been going since shortly after she banished Nightmare Moon or even before it.

My advice: Don't make any wishes. Even if you wished for a billion dollars, it could be harmful. Your whole life could be rewritten, or you could be transported back to reality as a professional bank robber.

Exactly. She could have just been putting it on hold. Maybe after she banished Nightmare Moon, all the gifted Unicorns in that generation, well, passed away over time.

My advice: Don't make any wishes. Even if you wished for a billion dollars, it could be harmful. Your whole life could be rewritten, or you could be transported back to reality as a professional bank robber.

Exactly. She could have just been putting it on hold. Maybe after she banished Nightmare Moon, all the gifted Unicorns in that generation, well, passed away over time.

See rule 1 but there are times you must make a wish and then you want to have as good a relationship as possible with the being and either make a simple wish where hte consequences of it being twisted will hopefully be minor or go for the whole prize and run the risk it'll go wrong in a way you can survive.

Sorry why do you think it stopped? I'm pretty sure it was running for generations before Twilight and Sunset?

Exactly. For example, you could wish that your marriage was to be saved, but you don't know what happened during that time. Ignorance of the unknown is what it is called.

Well, she banished an incredibly powerful and important being. There must have been some sort of affect, right?

Oh. Nevermind. I thought you were referring to the School of Friendship that Twilight set up; no wonder why I was so confused. Sorry. :P

Exactly. For example, you could wish that your marriage was to be saved, but you don't know what happened during that time. Ignorance of the unknown is what it is called.

Well, she banished an incredibly powerful and important being. There must have been some sort of affect, right?

Oh. Nevermind. I thought you were referring to the School of Friendship that Twilight set up; no wonder why I was so confused. Sorry. :P

No problem and no I was referring to celestia's school at the moment we don't know if the mane 6 are mortal or not and even if they aren't its too soon for them to realize what a cost that's going to take in coming years.

1 minute ago, SageofSong said:

Personally, I see Twilight becoming immortal. She won't be mortal, but not a demi-god either; something in between. Her friends will eventually die, and she will move on.

Me I'm holding out hopes they all become Alicorns (not in the series but sometime after it ends).

When Fluttershy passes away I hope Discord will be emotionally mature enough. If he is, then he will mourn her passing and seek out new friendships (Or he may already have) One thing I'm sure Fluttershy would love to see is DIscord being able to move on and make new friends on his own. It would give her peace of mind.

Edited by JH24

I see three scenario's.

1. He gets over it after a while and tries to live his life the way Fluttershy wanted it.
  2. He falls back in his evil ways and is eventually stopped by the princesses.
  3. He never gets over it, but he stays with the ponies, of this:time_fades__pinkie_pie_1_by_wadusher0-da
  • Brohoof 1

@SageofSong 

Oh please. We’re theoretically pairing her up with a guy without even a solid body & can dislocate his body sections at will & it would be Fluttershy that’s infertile? 

That’s what I mean to mean, @Senko. It’s a predictable ploy for emotions sometimes. Fanfics, not published material, right? You get popular that way for the experience, not that it actually makes sense. Like most creepypastas like Rainbow Factory or Cupcakes. I can’t get invested if I already know what they’re aiming for. Why you always get horrible beings in Slasher films, not what you go there to get. Look for Sad, ya get Sad. 

But we’re getting off topic here.

... and if a draconequus has to chirp up with that, you know it’s gotten out of claw!

My point is... and I’m spitballin’ here...

Is what if immortals “toy with the mortals” to remind themselves of what it felt like to have a life short enough to have things be important?

If you concocted some great scheme to suck all the life out of everyone else to bring your loved one back (here I’m thinking of Pokemon X&Y.) & go back to the good ol’ days... where would that leave you? Delusional & moldering from refusing to grow. 

You grant & give immortality by remembering others. To wish for an unchanging eternity without strife profanes & erases what you began chasing. 

... I’m countering vitriol with vague philosophy.

On 4/21/2018 at 2:40 PM, A.V. said:

According to one or two fics I've read, he'll probably just teleport into the afterlife every now and then to continue their visits like usual. :laugh:

^That; and A Matter Of Principals revealed he can astral-project himself, too.

Personally, I want to see fanart of Astral!Discord and Ghost!Fluttershy having a get-together.

Edited by Antagonist 🦹♂️

Time passing is one of the most stressful and painful thing I can imagine. Such basic thing, as time passing, but I can't accept it. I ignore the fact of people dying, because I've got used to it, but dying ponies, which are so cute and they are crucial element of my social utopia... It's just painful, no matter who dies... Discord with his powerful magic could renee Fluttershy, of course, but in back of his mind he would know it's not the same as it was. I just, ah... Just got my stomach aching, because I almost imagined Starlight dying, because of oldness. Whenever I'm inteligent or not, but I don't accept sometimes very simple facts. I'm leaving from this topic with those said words and never go back (exception: if someone quotes me, I would be back to kindly answer against eventual dispute).

2 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

Why would Fluttershy pass away on the show for real anyways? The staff wouldn't make such an episode because death stories are usually not for kids.

I suspect Tanks hibernation is as close as we'd get to that.

Fluttershy could also end up becoming an immortal spirit just like Discord. She could become the living incarnation of kindness, or even become another spirit of chaos to aid Discord in his conquest. Just throwing out possibilities. :maud:

• 7 months later...
On 8/26/2018 at 8:19 PM, CloudMistDragon said:

Fluttershy could also end up becoming an immortal spirit just like Discord. She could become the living incarnation of kindness, or even become another spirit of chaos to aid Discord in his conquest. Just throwing out possibilities. :maud:

I like it!

• Brohoof 1

On 4/21/2018 at 12:08 AM, Wonderbolt Slipstream said:

He doesn't have a choice, time is constant and inevitable. He may be able to control a lot, but not time.

He can actually, looking at a similar case you have Rumplestiltskin from OUAT and Belle. He isn't able to make her immortal, but he does have the power to keep her young, Discord could easily do the same thing in keeping Fluttershy youthful to the point where as long as he is around, she is immortal.

Well shit, this is a depressing thought isn't it? Who knows since it probably wouldn't happen for quite awhile.