Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What will Discord do once Fluttershy passes away?

Wonderbolt Slipstream

On 4/20/2018 at 9:22 PM, Wonderbolt Slipstream said:

There has been a time where I didn't like ponies shipping Fluttershy and Discord just because Discord will outlive Fluttershy. My prediction after that, though dramatic, is that Discord would be so distraught that he goes on a rampage of sadness fueled chaos, but what do you guy think? What will Discord do once Fluttershy dies?

IMG_5133.JPG

Even if they don't get together I feel discord would be really distraught realizing this but he seems to be able to do anything with a snap of his fingers. We've seen him change peoples memories, personality, take away their magic, summon a full on mountain with little to no struggle who's to say he can't make her immortal or an alcorn. 

• 1 month later...

Well this is the problem with immortality. He could probably make her immortal but she wouldn't want to be immortal without her friends and family and on down the line and the universe fills up really fast.

I'd say he goes into a depression and becomes Bill Cipher.

hqdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Now I'm depressed.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

He won't make Fluttershy immortal against her will, so she'll pass out eventually, yeah. But all of us got through/will get through losing loved ones, right? But I think Discord is a bit different case, the only thing connecting him with "real world" is Fluttershy, without her... In worst case I think he would return to his chaotic villain state to numb the pain. But I think he would just continue living, won't make new friends and will be helping Twi from time to time

On 8/17/2020 at 12:05 PM, Kujamih said:

He go berserk and a new movie is born

I'd watch this

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...
On 2018-04-28 at 10:55 AM, Wonderbolt Slipstream said:

Twilight won't outlive her friends, Meghan McCarthy confirmed it.

And Fluttershy of all ponies should know that creatures live and creatures die, that's how life goes. How many woodland creatures has she seen live and die? Maybe not many now, since she is young, but as she ages she will see that happen to many of her woodland friends, at some point she will realize that it will happen to her and her friends as well and at that point she will have to come to the realization is that when the time comes she will shed that mortal coil, it's a sad fact but that's how life is.

Unless Discord gets in the way and disregards her final wishes and makes her immortal, but I could see Fluttershy hating him for that so he (should) let her die peacefully.

IMG_5171.JPG

I don't think  Meghan McCarthy actually confirmed it but  that  is debatable since not every word the show staff say is true

Probably Twilight and discord might the only two be alive

Edited by Scootaloo9074090

• 3 months later...

I have two options-

1. Discord would find out some magic that will make her live as long as himself. Or

2. Fluttershy eventually dies, and Discord gets so crazed he starts losing his sanity (i.e. will to cause chaos), and eventually dies himself. Because no Fluttershy means no chaos, and no chaos means no Discord.

On 2020-08-16 at 11:46 PM, Technoblade said:

couldn't he just revive her? isn't he pretty much omnipotent?

yea chaos magic is one of the most powerful types of magic but I highly doubt fluttershy would want that

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if Discord had a spell that could revive the dead. I’m sure there would be a catch, maybe Fluttershy would be different personality-wise.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I like a lot of the proposed scenarios of what would happen but the one thing I'm sure of is him having an incredibly difficult grieving process, regardless of whether or not their relationship was romantic. I think he would fall into a depression, trying to go on a chaos binge to make himself feel better, but it wouldn't work. No matter how incomprehensible he makes reality, he keeps remembering that Fluttershy can't witness it, and any joy fizzles out into numbness. I can definitely see him attempting to "bring her back" either through straight up resurrection or creating copies of her, but would probably be stopped for the former and would end up dissatisfied with the latter. 

The rest of the mane six five would try to help him grieve, but it's Pinkie Pie especially who provides some illuminating advice. She would tell Discord that it's okay to miss her and feel sad, but it's important to celebrate the life she lived too! He might not get it right away, but it'll click, eventually. 

Later, it becomes a common occurrence for localized instances of chaos to crop up across Equestria. They're temporary, usually don't create much lasting damage, and have many warnings, giving ponies a chance to prepare. An early sign of one is a gigantic swarm of pink butterflies passing through an area.

Suddenly very inspired to write a fic now. Wowza.

• 1 year later...
On 2018-04-21 at 2:51 PM, cuteycindyhoney said:

Discord has displayed an ability to reverse cause and effect. It's just a tiny step to reversing time and making Fluttershy grow young again.

I don't think that was him reversing effects, I think that was just him making the dishes dirty

Discord has displayed an ability to reverse cause and effect. It's just a tiny step to reversing time and making Fluttershy grow young again.

I don't think that was him reversing effects, I think that was just him making the dishes dirty

(edited)

Hmm,  I don't think he would necessarily go on a grief-powered rampage. Though he's kind of petty, it seems ridiculous for him to ruin every other pony's lives just because his best friend died (assuming old age here since that's the most family friendly cause of death out of all of the deaths). He'll feel a lot of grief though, like a LOT LOT of it since he's very attached to her.

Since Fluttershy has her animal sanctuary, I wonder if Discord would assume that animal caretaker role after her death. "I MUST do this for Fluttershy!" That feels like him. I'm sure he helps her often while she's alive so it wouldn't be too far-fetched for him to continue running it in his own chaotic way. What else is he gonna do anyways?

Edited by Trot Shuffle
"animal sanctuary"