Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

In other words, whenever Friendship Is Magic ends, should Hasbro and DHX Media/Toon Boom Harmony take a page out of Warner Bros Animation Pictures and DC (DC Comics) Universe Animated Original Movies, and create MLP FIM based movies (direct to video) that have stories that are mostly PG Rated, but on occasion, if the opportunity presents itself, can also be PG-13 Rated. Well here I give my thoughts on this topic, and how it could it actually work. Comments are Welcomed

I can't see it happening, I think the the adult MLP fandom is too much of a niche market to make such a thing commercially viable.  If you look at the merchandise Hasbro has either made or licensed for MLP, it is almost all aimed at the lower age groups, there has been very little official merchandise aimed exclusively for the older collector, compare that to the likes of Disney which has a large adult collector base and caters to them with high-quality ceramic figurines and other such things.  Hasbro has chosen not to invest overly in the adult fanbase but has (to a certain extent) turned a blind eye to unofficial merchandise produced for fans by other fans, in a way that Disney would never tolerate.

Given that the cartoon is largely a marketing vehicle for the merchandise, there would be very little pay-off for Hasbro to produce cartoons aimed at the niche older end of the market if there isn't the goods in place to get the tills ringing in shops.

Honestly? This is a huge stretch. Not only would this confuse the demographics, but it probably wouldn't make all that much money; I hate to say it, but bronies aren't as big as they once were. :adorkable:

I'm not going to say that this is completely out of the question, but like I said... this is a stretch. :twi:

• Brohoof 1

On 4/23/2018 at 5:06 PM, Recherche said:

Honestly? This is a huge stretch. Not only would this confuse the demographics, but it probably wouldn't make all that much money; I hate to say it, but bronies aren't as big as they once were. :adorkable:

I'm not going to say that this is completely out of the question, but like I said... this is a stretch. :twi:

You are so right.

Edited by RaphLuna
  • Brohoof 1

@RaphLuna Please don't divert from the main topic. ^^`

Also try to give critique to the technical aspects as well folks, remember that the point of the subsection is to improve both in content and quality.

• Brohoof 2