Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is using Windows 10/8/7/or Xp?

Dashy 4 Ever

• 1 month later...

I use Windows 10 Pro on my current and new build. My laptop from 2008 runs Windows 7 Pro and I use Windows 7 Pro at work. I have a VM where I run XP, 98SE and 3.11. Oh, and I've got a Mac Mini running good old Snow Leopard.

Oh, and my Win server box runs WS 2012 R2.

My current desktop and old laptop both run with Windows 7. My newer laptop is Windows 8. I'm already very glad I have Windows 7 on some PCs, because my microphone for recording already wouldn't work with my Windows 8 laptop. But now my Windows7 laptop which I always used to record is missing. *sigh*

• 1 year later...

Windows 7 on main PC and laptop
Windows 8 on game PC
Windows 10 (with updates disabled) on one UMPC (GPD Win) - I really tried installing Windows 7 or 8 there...
Windows XP on another UMPC (Viliv N5)

Those are not the only OSs that I use though :twismile:

Edited by Pentium100

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will probably try to multiboot Windows 10 64 bit and Windows XP 32 bit in the future, since my computer is old-fast enough to have drivers for both, and Windows XP has some really interesting stuff to me after the September 2020 leak.

I used to use Windows 10 in my laptop, but it couldn't handle it properly so I had to downgraded to Windows 7. I didn't notice much of a difference between them other that design (which is better in 10 for me), so I don't really get all these complains. I'll use Win 10 again when I got new laptop

I don’t really know one from another, but since there’s a sticker on my laptop that says Windows 7, I naturally put my keen skills of deduction to the task and determined that to be what I’m running on. I’m such a freakin’ tech genius.

• Brohoof 1

If I know correctly you can defer updates indefinitely on mission critical versions of Windows 10. Yeah home users can't legally obtain that version of Windows.

2 hours ago, Funtime Splashee said:

I want to go back to XP.

XP is nice, though 32bit version does not support a lot of RAM and the 64bit version has problems with drivers. 

Windows2003 is better, the 32bit version supports more memory (though one process still is limited to 2/4GB)

Just now, You said:

I thought XP has PAE?

It does, but it is artificially limited to 4GB address space. Windows 2003 (that is, the server version of XP) is not, depending on edition.

Windows7 32bit is the same and 64bit has memory limit based on edition.

• 3 months later...