Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

which country are you from?

Berry-Bliss-Sundae

Hello everypony! I hope you are having a wonderful day! :wub:

I write this post out of curiosity ... since I am from Latin America, will there be others here who are from other countries? or all here are American?

if they are English-speaking, what do they think of Spanish?

over and out! :yay: 

• Brohoof 4

I don't think all people here are from the U.S., I've seen a few people around who come from the U.K. or even other European countries. I myself am a U.S. citizen, though. :D

I never tried to learn Spanish, but I have learned what a few phrases mean because a lot of people here speak it. Hola! :grin:

• Brohoof 1

Just for future reference: I think posts like this belong in the General Discussion board. :)

Regardless, I'm from the USA (as you predicted), but I know quite a few people from different countries here! :fluttershy: @Rarity the Supreme is from the UK, @Wannabrony is from Canada, @Nightfall Gloam is from Australia, among others! :ooh:

Edited by Recherche
I probably should have been more specific.
  • Brohoof 4

Greetings from Finland! There are at least couple more Finns here and some folk from other Nordic countries too.

I think it may not be too far-fetched to guess that at least  one third of the members of these forums live somewhere else than US.

• Brohoof 4

9 minutes ago, Recherche said:

Just for future reference: I think posts like this belong in the General Discussion board. :)

Regardless, I'm from the USA (as you predicted), but I know quite a few people from different countries here! :fluttershy: @Rarity the Supreme is from the UK, @Wannabrony is from Canada, @Nightfall Gloam is from Australia, among others! :ooh:

Hello yes yes I am from the land of beavers, maple syrup et le poutine, eh? :derp:

And before that I lived in Hong Kong/China, I still can't figure out which one counts as the country. :D 

19 minutes ago, Berry-Bliss-Sundae said:

if they are English-speaking, what do they think of Spanish?

I'm actually trying to learn Spanish, but I just got into it so I don't think I can even say a sentence right now. :adorkable: I think it's pretty interesting!

• Brohoof 2

I'm from Ukraine. Not many people here speak English, and even fewer speak Spanish. Personally I'd like to learn Spanish some day, but unfortunately I have very little free time to even start right now.

Edited by Oleks
  • Brohoof 2

14 minutes ago, Recherche said:

Wow; Ukraine? There really are bronies everywhere! :yay:

We even have our own brony convention called BronUKon. So yeah, we have a bunch of active MLP fans here.

• Brohoof 3

It's so cute to see people from such different cultures, I find it exciting! :wub: foreigners have many things to tell and have beautiful fauna and flora! :fluttershy: cute clothes! :pout:

I believe that it does not specify my nationality ... in my case I am from Venezuela country of ... emmm ... beaches of the Caribbean? the miss (universe)? There really is not much to show off :( but, hey! we have 2 stations :smug:

4 hours ago, Nyactis Mewcis Catlum said:

I never tried to learn Spanish, but I have learned what a few phrases mean because a lot of people here speak it. Hola! :grin:

Buenas noches Señorito, le envió un super abrazo! ^_^ -Good evening young gentleman, I send you a super hug!-

4 hours ago, Divine plywood said:

Greetings from Finland! There are at least couple more Finns here and some folk from other Nordic countries too.

I've seen Finland on television, it's very beautiful! I still do not know Latinos but it does not matter much, they are all very kind no matter the country, it's nice

4 hours ago, Wannabrony said:

Hello yes yes I am from the land of beavers, maple syrup et le poutine, eh? :derp:

I like beavers! Even if you need to practice Spanish with someone, I'm available :yay:

4 hours ago, Oleks said:

I'm from Ukraine. Not many people here speak English, and even fewer speak Spanish. Personally I'd like to learn Spanish some day, but unfortunately I have very little free time to even start right now.

I really do not know many things about Ukraine, besides being in Europe ... I think I need culture classes, even if you want to practice Spanish feel free to talk to me, I like to help

4 hours ago, CrystalBloodMoon said:

I'm from the US but I'm learning Spanish as my 3rd language ¦D

yay! more Spanish speakers! :D there are those who say that it is more difficult than English ... I believe them, a lot of grammar :huh:

3 hours ago, SharpWit said:

Oh you know, just this little place called,,,

up United States! :yay:

1 hour ago, Victoria Sponge said:

I'm from England and learned Spanish for quite some time. It's probably my best non-English language, but I still can't speak much of it. I plan to continue learning it one day.

It gives me great joy to see that you like the language, for my part I am a fan of England, it has a beautiful architecture and they are all very elegant :proud:

1 hour ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

Canada! We live in igloos and ride polar bears to our Tim Horton’s and we play hockey and eat poutine in our toques. It’s all aboot that Canadian life, eh?

internet say Canadians are very happy ^_^

1 hour ago, Lance Shield said:

I'm from the U.S. Home of the cheeseburger, McDonald's, Walmart, Coca-Cola and... *sigh* Trump.

you have to look at the positive side of trump ... you have a good song on YouTube! 

ok no, bad joke xD

• Brohoof 2

I'm from the United States, specifically from the northern state of Minnesota where I was born and raised :fluttershy:

I don't know any Spanish, however my grandpa who is 100% ethnically Hispanic is completely fluent in Spanish, he only knew Spanish growing up as a kid back in the 50's working the farm fields, he didn't lean any English until he was in High School :)   

• Brohoof 1

I live in the cultureless, debt thriving, corporate/rich controlled, celebrity worshipping cesspool known as the USA. Indiana to be specific. I personally hate the USA, so I prefer to focus on my state and my state only. Really wish we would be seen less as one giant thing like 'Murica'. Makes me not like the entire shabang. I treat each state as a seperate entity entirely. Of course though, we have Trump that simply reminds me why I resent it all in the first place.

• Brohoof 1

Just another American. (Although I actually love it here.) Similarly to @King of Canterlot, I am also from the state of Minnesota though I live in the big city of Minneapolis. I was born here and so were my parents. 

As for Spanish I took it in grade school but switched to French in 7th grade. I’m not very good at speaking French but I can unstand it decently well but for Spanish I have no idea. :lie:

Edited by Sliding Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Born in USA, but traveled to Bolivia constantly because my parents were from there. I feel like I'm more American  than Bolivian though

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1