Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What size should you make Profile Backgrounds?

go away seb

Basically, I want to make my own background for my profile, but what size do I make it. I am aware that the picture cannot be over 255KB, but what is a good size so I can make it look at least half decent?

You can use a off website resource like Photobucket to upload it. There you have no limit on file size

But the real problem is getting to right dimensions.

I'm pretty sure he means resolution-wise.

There is no limit on the dimensions your profile background can be. The background is centred and the forums are exactly 1000 pixels wide, so that's all you need to keep in mind.

Personally, I would recommend making a background that is at least 1920x1200 pixels wide, which should look decent on just about all common monitor resolutions. When designing it, put a 1000-pixel block in the middle on another layer so you know what part of it the forums will cover up.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

There is no limit on the dimensions your profile background can be. The background is centred and the forums are exactly 1000 pixels wide, so that's all you need to keep in mind.

Personally, I would recommend making a background that is at least 1920x1200 pixels wide, which should look decent on just about all common monitor resolutions. When designing it, put a 1000-pixel block in the middle on another layer so you know what part of it the forums will cover up.

post-3288-0-90015900-1337809106_thumb.png

At 1920x1200. The sides are completely white.

Edited by =) Fluttershy (=