Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria doesn't have identical twins?

Denim&Venöm

I've just noticed that we haven't seen any identical twin ponies in the show. Any reason for this in the show? Are they even rarer than real life identical twins? 

And no, lotus and aloe aren't identical twins. They have different mane and coat colors. 

lotus_and_aloe_by_jennieoo-d4vn2n0.png

35 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

I've just noticed that we haven't seen any identical twin ponies in the show. Any reason for this in the show? Are they even rarer than real life identical twins? 

And no, lotus and aloe aren't identical twins. They have different mane and coat colors. 

lotus_and_aloe_by_jennieoo-d4vn2n0.png

Maybe they dyed there hair and are actually identical twins.

Illuminati confirmed ^^

3 hours ago, BloodDrops said:

Maybe they dyed there hair and are actually identical twins.

Illuminati confirmed ^^

And also dyed their coats? :grin:

There are identical twins. The one cheering for the other. :Dmlp_twins_by_mario903-d4dbjw8.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume they exist. We just haven't seen any officially. Also, thanks for reminding me about my 2nd & 4th favourite background ponies. I can't believe I've forgotten about them!

According @Hierok, there are some few ponies that looks alike. I figured it's because they are lazy to make different designs of ponies. 

• Brohoof 1

Flim and Flam appear to be identical twins, but they kinda have a sort of Mario and Luigi mixed in with a Door-to door salesman sorta vibe, so one could be younger than the other.

The closest we've seen of identical twins are the Flim Flam, but they have different voices, cutie marks, and one has a mustache as well. Aloe Lotus are are close to identical, but they swapped colors. True, the rest of twins seen so far are very different otherwise, like the Cakes, and Pinks and Moeh Poneh

Well let's take a look at some numbers. About 3% of human pregnancies result in twins, 0.45% result in identical twins, 0.0001% of horse pregnancies result in twins, and we've probably had under 400 specific pony characters, not the background clones because we should know by now that was to make animating the episodes easier. So make of those numbers what you will.

7 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

The closest we've seen of identical twins are the Flim Flam, but they have different voices, cutie marks, and one has a mustache as well.

But that’s all perfectly in line with real world identical twins. Sans the cutie marks, of course. Just because your DNA is identical, doesn’t mean you won’t still turn into individuals.

Edited by ShadOBabe

I know I read it somewhere on TV Tropes, but can't exactly find it. Oh well, I've heard some people make an in-universe joke about why copies of the exact same-looking ponies have been sighted. 

Off the top of my head, after the introduction of Changeling in S2 Finale. The idea was that thoughout Season 2, the "twins" were Changelings and when the Mirror Pool from 2 Many Pinkie Pies was introduced, the joke was changed to said the "twins" seen throughout came from the Mirror Pool.

Again, this was just a goofy way to explain the reuse of the same ponies to fill a crowd shot. Don't take it seriously.

5 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Somepony has been messing around in the magic lake again!

Yeah, that's one way of looking at it.