Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Evil ponies in modern Ducktales

Steve Piranha

1 hour ago, Divine plywood said:

I have to check out that episode, didn't know that they had released more since December.

In the U.S., they haven't. A few have aired internationally, though. New episodes do return to the U.S. next month on Disney Channel, with the one this is from airing May 18 at 8 P.M.

Edited by PinkiePie97
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, Divine plywood said:

Are they supposed to be sirens or kelpies of some sort? I have to check out that episode, didn't know that they had released more since December.

Gotta love meta-humor about ponies :lol:

They are kelpies for what I've read. This is big, this is an LA show, and having Tara Strong voicing a pony parody is expected, but to go such lengths to have Andrea Libman is a first :yay:

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1

You know? I'm rather surprised Andrea Libman used her Fluttershy voice instead of Pinks', considering the latter greater popularity overall :huh:. Guess it had to do with voicing abroad, which I imagine it'd be harder

On 4/24/2018 at 5:24 AM, Divine plywood said:

Are they supposed to be sirens or kelpies of some sort? I have to check out that episode, didn't know that they had released more since December.

Gotta love meta-humor about ponies :lol:

From what i've heard, they are indeed kelpies.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

@Bas Think I caught them as Briar & Bramble.

Kelpies are water themed demons in the form of horses. Once on their back you are either magically bonded there or tied into place with manes of seaweed. They then charge into the water they came from, dragging you screaming to a death by drowning. Not too different from the Merrows that were the original mermaids.

Think they also had glowing eyes & a somewhat illusory magic to coax riders with. Yeah, British isles myth is pretty brutal. Don’t look up the Knucklevees, even if those are also technically horse-esque.

I'm glad the "evil ponies" were 

Spoiler

At least good sports who allowed our heroes to leave once they won the game. Their final line was essentially "well, can't blame a kelpie for trying" before they went back into the water bareback.

The "Murder Ponies" were wonderful! I am so in love with the Ducktales reboot. In the most recent episode, Scrooge mentions the "Maltese McGuffin, the stuff dreams are made of" I had just Re watched the Maltese Falcon (A favorite movie of mine), and nearly fell off of my chair in laughter at the reference!  I love how Rich Mr. McDuck still uses a flip phone!

146821_0075.jpg

• Brohoof 2

38 minutes ago, Bas said:

Not sure if directed at me, but there is also a scene in another ep where Webby and Lena use the Magic of Friendship.

No, it wasn't. Sorry about that.

The Magic of Friendship? I must have missed that part.

9 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

No, it wasn't. Sorry about that.

The Magic of Friendship? I must have missed that part.

@Bas

Yes, Webby invoked the magic of Friendship. I am on the edge of my seat. I hope against hope that Lena can be saved from her dark aunt! I really like Lena. I loved when she and Webby were British together.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

8 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

@Bas

Yes, Webby invoked the magic of Friendship. I am on the edge of my seat. I hope against hope that Lena can be saved from her dark aunt! I really like Lena. I loved when she and Webby were British together.

MLP once again has proven influential with other cartoons. I wish Lena a lot of luck breaking free of Magica's influence. Magica De Spell is one to not be underestimated given her background.

7 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

MLP once again has proven influential with other cartoons. I wish Lena a lot of luck breaking free of Magica's influence. Magica De Spell is one to not be underestimated given her background.

David Tennant was such a perfect choice to voice Scrooge. I love how Catherine Tate joined the cast as the voice of Magica De Spell! They work so well together. The Doctor Donna rides again!

3 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

David Tennant was such a perfect choice to voice Scrooge. I love how Catherine Tate joined the cast as the voice of Magica De Spell! They work so well together. The Doctor Donna rides again!

And he gets to use his proper accent as opposed to what he used in Doctor Who.