Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Apparently, Lauren Faust Will Not be Involved in Generation 5.

The Recherche

So, from what we've seen so far, Lauren Faust (the original creator of Gen 4) will not be involved in Generation 5 of My Little Pony. You don't have to believe me; this is coming straight from the horse's mouth (no pun intended :derp:). I suppose it's to be expected, Lauren left Hasbro on a pretty sour note, so I don't guess they would want to hire her again. :pout:

1.JPG

Do you believe that this is a good thing? Will this be a nigh-death sentence for Gen 5? Will this really mean anything in the end? Feel free to speak you mind; just try to keep this civil! :rarity:

Edited by Recherche
Holy mother of God Recherche; CAPITALIZE YOUR "I'S!"
  • Brohoof 5

I'm not surprised at all. There were creative differences that kept her from working on G4 altogether after a couple of seasons, so it's only natural that she has moved on. My only hope is that someone like Meghan McCarthy will be on board for G5. Someone with a lot of experience working on G4.

• Brohoof 11

Not all that surprised, given the creative differences, work schedule, and work conditions she had to endure while working on FIM. Nevertheless, I wish her well. :)

• Brohoof 6

I'm not surprised either. As mentioned, she didn't feel she had enough creative freedom while working on FIM, and I doubt that would have changed with G5 – it's still first and foremost Hasbro's show.

It's still a shame in a way, as her contribution to FIM being the show it is was massive – the universe and design of the show were largely her creation. I respect her for her decision – if she didn't feel she could produce the show she wanted, it was better to leave it to others. The crew working on the show in the later seasons has done an amazing job, so I don't think her involvement is crucial, in spite of how significant her role was. I'm more worried about what G5 will be like in general than about who's working on it. Creating a new series as a replacement to a beloved show like FIM is a huge task, and I'm afraid it will be seen as a failure in a worst-case scenario, or as the next best thing even if it's successful...

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 7

(edited)

@SparkleSan79 TONIGHT ON THIS ROUND OF MANAGEMENT MIX-UP, ON THIS CORNER, MEGAN MCARHTY!!!

*WILD CROWD APPLAUSE*

AND ON THE OTHER CORNER, THE LOVELY, THE TALENTED, CINDY MARROW!!!

*WILD CROWD APPLAUSE*

WHO WILL WIN THE EPIC SHOWDOWN, AND BECOME THE MANAGER OF MY LITTLE PONY: GENERATION 5!? FIND OUT ON THIS NIGHTS EPISODE OF~

MANAGEMENT MIX-UP!!!

Edited by Recherche
  • Brohoof 4

Not shocked at all. If I remember correctly, she didn’t really enjoy working with Hasbro, so working with them again during G5 wasn’t even on my mind. She hasn’t had ANY involvement with the show, direct or indirect, since season 3.

• Brohoof 6

That's really too bad. But I understand. There are writers and creators, then there are business people.

Good for Lauren. She can succeed without them.

• Brohoof 3

I don't think many may necessarily notice, Faust left some years ago, and the current generation turned out just fine without her. However, there will be some noticeable changes when it comes to the next generation simply because Faust's original groundwork that was established in this current generation will have been completely erased and will have to be re-built. This is a very good opportunity for new creators to step in and put their own spin on the world of MLP, which is something they can't exactly do right now with the current generation. Generation 5 will be one filled with many changes, some will be good, and some will be bad, however I do have hope that the next generation will be just as successful as this current one is! :squee:

• Brohoof 2

I'm not surprised by this though at the same time I am glad that she decided to address this before it could end up spiraling out of control or something. 

• Brohoof 3

Although there's still no confirmation on there being a G5 yet, I do wish Lauren Faust well on what she's working on. She made My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic to be one of the best TV series in the world. We all wouldn't be here without her.

• Brohoof 3

I'm fine with this. The show as we know it is just as much a result of the team after her departure - for all we know it might not have been as good or had staying power with her.

PS yay DC Super Hero Girls. Good show.

• Brohoof 1

Glad she cleared that up, otherwise many wouldn't sleep over it :dash:

PS: I've read a comment in Equestria Daily accusing her of feminazi :D. Obviously he didn't watch Powerpuff Girls :dash:

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Steve Piranha said:

Glad she cleared that up, otherwise many wouldn't sleep over it :dash:

PS: I've read a comment in Equestria Daily accusing her of feminazi :D. Obviously he didn't watch Powerpuff Girls :dash:

I heard everyone who made powerpuff girls got death threats for writing the Femme Fatale episode.

22 hours ago, Recherche said:

@SparkleSan79 TONIGHT ON THIS ROUND OF MANAGEMENT MIX-UP, ON THIS CORNER, MEGAN MCARHTY!!!

*WILD CROWD APPLAUSE*

AND ON THE OTHER CORNER, THE LOVELY, THE TALENTED, CINDY MARROW!!!

*WILD CROWD APPLAUSE*

WHO WILL WIN THE EPIC SHOWDOWN, AND BECOME THE MANAGER OF MY LITTLE PONY: GENERATION 5!? FIND OUT ON THIS NIGHTS EPISODE OF~

MANAGEMENT MIX-UP!!!

Make it an electrified steel cage deathmatch, with barbed wire wrapped around the cage. 

• Brohoof 3

• 3 months later...
On 4/27/2018 at 2:30 AM, VG_Addict said:

Make it an electrified steel cage deathmatch, with barbed wire wrapped around the cage. 

a STEEL CAGE SHOOTS AND LADERS MATCH!