Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Character's Name

Berry-Bliss-Sundae

A while ago I was designing an OC as a pet or representation of my deviantart account, the result was this ... a pastel yellow unicorn with a bi-colored mane. her cutie mark is a feather in two colors releasing a flash in those colors, represents '' the creation '' or the imagination ...
Why did I choose a feather with a flash? very simple, when you create something or have an idea (write a song, a book, some drawing, the scale model of a house, a mechanical piece, a recipe, the pattern of a dress, a plan, another) you usually make a Initial sketch of what you have in mind with which you will make your idea come true. You make this sketch with a pencil ... in the case of ponies, a feather! :P
I would not know how to describe it ... or if it counts as a special talent ... but it seemed like a nice concept! :fluttershy:

What help do I want?

I chose the name '' berry bliss sundae '' because of the colors with which I composed the character or simply because I thought they combined with it, but I do not know English ... so I would like to know what they think with the name ... it sounds weird ? Do you think I should have a better name?

bb_sundae_oc_by_berry_bliss_sundae-dc5z6c3.thumb.png.d91cf3430b96f449ada6e408d405a8ee.png

another thing ... I have not yet decided on his eye color, any suggestion? :ooh:

• Brohoof 2

When it comes to eye color, I think a light blue color would work well. :ooh:

On the subject of the name, I think it's fine the way it is. :) If you want me to offer a different name, though... how does Cashew Macaron sound? 

Pretty terrible, right? :adorkable: I'm not very good with names.

• Brohoof 1

I think the name works great with the look of this OC, however the cutie mark doesn't fit with it, so maybe something along the lines of Magenta Plume, Ornate Spark, or Savory Scribbles to go with your creativity, but the name and design are very nice as they are.

Edited by SharpWit
  • Brohoof 1

You could also go the single-word-name route; I have multiple OCs such as Supersonic, Whirlwind, and others that use single-word names. Although, yours might work with something like Feather Flash or Shimmering Plume. 

3 hours ago, Powerhaus said:

You could also go the single-word-name route; I have multiple OCs such as Supersonic, Whirlwind, and others that use single-word names. Although, yours might work with something like Feather Flash or Shimmering Plume. 

I'm not sure Supersonic and Whirlwind really count as single word names. They are single words but they're made up of two existing ones. Not bad names though.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, SharpWit said:

I'm not sure Supersonic and Whirlwind really count as single word names. They are single words but they're made up of two existing ones. Not bad names though.

That’s a fair point. I prefer single-capital names, even if word combination is necessary, just because of the aesthetic.

• Brohoof 1