Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Are Your Biggest Pet Peeves?

The Recherche

For some reason, most of us.... just have that thing that drives up up the wall!!! :angry: While some things might be justifiable in how they're irritating (spilling a drink, breaking something, or anything like that), pet peeves rarely have a serious reason to exist. With all of that out of the way, what are those little things that you, a stranger, or a loved one does... that just makes you want to pull your hair out!!!

For me, some things that drive me up the wall are:

• Artists who make reptilian or bug-like characters... with breasts.
  • Clocks chiming.
  • And people who sing along to music.

I'm not sure why, but these things happening makes me want to smash my desk with a sledgehammer! :crackle:

With my ranting out of the way, what are some pet peeves of yours? :ooh: It will be interesting to hear them!

• Brohoof 3

people that wear shoes in bed and on couches, people that have conversations on their phone amongst strangers, people questioning or assuming they understand ANY individual better than they understand themselves, from some 3rd person box outlook.... I don't like stigmas or contradictions... I hate people that try to attach opposing negative adjectives to an individual that contradict each other completely, but circumstantially fit bogus narratives...

There is a place for singing along to music, depends when, I just do it when I'm alone sometimes now.... 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Aquaflame said:

There is a place for singing along to music, depends when, I just do it when I'm alone sometimes now.... 

Oddly enough, I don't mind when people hum or whistle to it, I just can't stand when people sing to it when I'm around. :crackle:

I don't mind at all if you do it yourself, though. :catface:

• Brohoof 1

I'm known for being really grumpy and complaining about a lot of stuff to the point where my peers look at me as an elderly person so I know I have a lot of pet peeves but I'm not sure any of these really count because they may be too general or valid complaints.

• A table shifting when someone next to me moves as I'm writing/drawing something.
  • White noise
  • Most Country Music and Christmas Music outside of the month of December
  • Dishes not being put in the dishwasher the way I put them in
  • Things in the fridge not being where I think they should be
  • Shoes lying around

Honestly I could spend the rest of the day listing things. Maybe I'll think of something that fits properly in a bit.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Recherche said:

Oddly enough, I don't mind when people hum or whistle to it, I just can't stand when people sing to it when I'm around. :crackle:

I don't mind at all if you do it yourself, though. :catface:

I forgot my biggest one, Texting and Driving/ talking on the phone and driving, I have been known to be an enjoyment driver if you catch my drift lol, but two hands are always on the wheel... lol never a need to "regain control"

• Brohoof 1

Biggest Pet Peeve on my end is when people start being arrogant and condescending towards everyone and everything they come into contact with. That and people talking in slang. Can’t understand you. Talk properly, not lazily. :angry:

Oh wait this is suppose to be a big pet peeve under minor circumstances. I see.

My biggest minor pet peeve is when I take a poop and toilet water splashes all over my butt. That is all. :okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 1

Slow drivers - I don't drive like a lunatic, but it's really annoying when I'm on a 40mph road, and the person infront of me is doing 20mph. Especially when I've finished work, and I just want to get home 

Noisy eaters. The lip smacking gets under my skin

I don't if it's like this anywhere else in the world, but right now in the UK there's this trend where girls (And maybe guys to, but I haven't seen any) walk around with their iPhone's sticking out of their back pockets. I think this is just plain stupid. Someone could easily sneak up behind them and steal their phones without them knowing. 

Edited by Phill
  • Brohoof 1

One of my biggest pet peeves is soggy food. I simply cannot stand it when the underside of food is soggy as it makes it so unpleasant to eat--pizza definitely comes to mind--resulting in me being miserable. Another one is sneezing. To me, sneezing is the worst thing imaginable.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Ganondorf8 said:

One of my biggest pet peeves is soggy food. I simply cannot stand it when the underside of food is soggy as it makes it so unpleasant to eat--

And that's why pouring milk in your cereal instead of just drinking it feels like a waste.

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Recherche said:
  Hide contents

And

Hide contents

Those

Hide contents

Damn

Hide contents

SPAGHETTI-SUCKERS!!!

Filthy Frank: What!! Noo!!! I’m a FREAK!!! I’m a noodle slurping tongue clinker.

(I Hate Foreigners - Filthy Frank)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
2 hours ago, SwitchGuy2018 said:

And that's why pouring milk in your cereal instead of just drinking it feels like a waste.

Ah, but who says you can't do both in that situation~? :orly: After you finish your cereal, you can drink the milk afterward! 

Edited by Recherche
  • Brohoof 1

I would say my biggest pet peeve, is just rudeness in general. I can't stand people that don't consider others in their actions, and just do whatever they want. :dry: And for some reason, bad pronunciation is also another one of mine, I find it highly irritating. Lastly, I know that I'm not the smartest and most knowledgeable, but it doesn't hurt to know some basic information about the world, does it? I'm still in absolute shock that there are people in my school that don't know who Michael Jackson is! 

30 minutes ago, Recherche said:

Artists who make reptilian or bug-like characters... with breasts.

Those exist?! :wacko:

30 minutes ago, Recherche said:

Clocks chiming.

Yea, I guess it does get a little annoying after time. 

31 minutes ago, Recherche said:

And people who sing along to music.

*clears throat* :please::please::please::please:

• Brohoof 2

People assuming I have money because I have some things, and because they have money and have things... or people that have nothing and didn't have to work for the things they own... 

People thinking you think you are above someone because you don't like their lifestyle decision but really you just think you are indifferent because morality is an easily manipulated variable to the beholder...

Other people that think they are doing right/good by me by assuming character aspects or features etc about myself but are actually offending me, and making me uncomfortable

When people think I think I am above them for having an attitude, when really I face 3.5/4 of all humanity with the same attitude unless they are a friend or romantic interest that is special to me.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, Wannabrony said:

Those exist?! :wacko:

Yes. :unamused:

Spoiler

naga_by_phosphonian-day7np4.jpg

Great artwork, but are the breasts seriously necessary? :pout:

Yea, I guess it does get a little annoying after time. 

Trust me, I would know. :scoots:

*clears throat* :please::please::please::please:

I don't mind if you do it while you're alone... or if you have a good voice~! :orly:

Edited by Recherche
  • Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, SwitchGuy2018 said:

9 minutes ago, Recherche said:

Ah, but who says you can't do both in that situation~? :orly: After you finish your cereal, you can drink the milk afterward! 

Are you guys saying there are people who don't drink the milk afterwards like you're supposed to? If so that's definately going in my top 3 for pet peeves I think.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, SharpWit said:

Are you guys saying there are people who don't drink the milk afterwards like you're supposed to? If so that's definately going in my top 3 for pet peeves I think.

I mean, I use Almond milk because it doesn't have any sugar, and it tastes like crayon because of it. :please: With that said, no I don't.

I think I probably should, though; it's less wasteful.:ooh:

3 minutes ago, SharpWit said:

No. I just hate it when you pour milk directly into a cereal bowl. It just makes your food all soggy. Drinking milk is important, NOT for making your cereal soggy.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, SwitchGuy2018 said:

No. I just hate it when you pour milk directly into a cereal bowl. It just makes your food all soggy. Drinking milk is important, NOT for making your cereal soggy.

How do you eat your cereal then?

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

My biggest pet peeve is when someone says  "expecially" instead of "especially". 

Holy mother of God, I hate this too! :scoots:

I'm not going to hate on you if you say it, nor will I even correct you... but I'm always going to think about how you pronounce it!

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Recherche said:

Holy mother of God, I hate this too! :scoots:

I'm not going to hate on you if you say it, nor will I even correct you... but I'm always going to think about how you pronounce it!

I litterally never met a person online or otherwise who spells "Especially" with an 'x'. Never.

• Brohoof 4