Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Are Your Biggest Pet Peeves?

The Recherche

People licking their fingers when they're touching papers. :eww:

It doesn't bother me that much if they're reading a newspaper by themselves, but when a teacher did this to handouts while giving them to us... :blink: I don't want to touch other people's saliva so I had to avoid touching the corners of the paper when I got it.

• Brohoof 7

1 hour ago, Recherche said:

Ah, but will it keep the cereal fresh for a longer period of time? :orly:

No.

5ae3b1160a7cf_howtoputawaycereal.thumb.png.f5ef204002f1874385c4fcd39da818d4.png

You fold in and roll the bag, and add a clip if you have one. The packaging is going to be thrown away and recycled in the end anyways, where as those other containers take additional resources that although are more durable, are not required because you can make do with what you've been given. Doing this will also keep more air away. A solid container will have additional air added every time you take some cereal out, which will cause it to go stale faster.

• Brohoof 1

• People that stand in the middle of the aisle at a store, completely oblivious to the fact that no one can get around them from either direction.
  • People who see the freakin' signs (like all the rest of us) that you need to merge due to road work and then sail along until the last possible moment and try to cut in.
  • People who bring their children to NICE restaurants and then let the kids scream, cry, run amok. I know they have the right to eat but can we have another section for them? (This is still annoying at restaurants that are family oriented, but I tolerate it slightly better there).
  • Brohoof 5

2 hours ago, Phill said:

I don't if it's like this anywhere else in the world, but right now in the UK there's this trend where girls (And maybe guys to, but I haven't seen any) walk around with their iPhone's sticking out of their back pockets. I think this is just plain stupid. Someone could easily sneak up behind them and steal their phones without them knowing. 

I can answer why I oftentimes do it: The back pockets are a bit larger than the front pockets and thus more securely fit my phone. When I put my phone in my front pockets I'm constantly afraid it will fall out.

That brings me to a pet peeve of my own: Why can't women's jeans have adequate pockets? We shouldn't have to stick our phones in our back pockets just because the front ones are so tiny!

Other pet peeves include:

- Oboe reeds. Enough said? lol.

- People who are so nosy about what/how I eat. It's one thing to be legitimately concerned, it's another thing with what happened at my former workplace, where the time I ate cereal at lunch people were constantly asking me why I ate it dry without milk. Then when I told them I was allergic to milk, they insisted "Have you tried almond milk?" and I'm like "I simply like my cereal dry. Please stop.". This was a common theme that went beyond the cereal, people were just always super obsessed with what I ate and my lunch habits.

- When I'm walking on the sidewalk and I have to walk off in the grass because some people think that they own the right to the whole sidewalk.

- People's overreaction to any slight bit of chilly weather in Spring. It's one thing if you live in the Northeast and are just recovering from constant snowstorms that lasted through the middle of the month. It's another thing when you live where I do and "chilly" weather is considered highs in the 40s/50s. That's nice weather to me. People where I live just want the weather to be hot.

- When people online completely ignore the subject matter of the topic to correct someone's misspelling or slight grammatical error.

- When guys leave the toilet seat up. Just a couple of months ago I fell in because my dad left the seat up. I love my dad, but I was really mad.

• Brohoof 2

People who use the word objectively and factually incorrectly.

It is one thing to say that someone's opinion is wrong when it comes to something that has and can be proven such as the earth being flat being an objective fact, and those saying it is flat are factually wrong.  Or saying that you are objectively wrong for saying that vaccines cause autism.  It is another thing entirely when you say someone's differing viewpoint on something as subjective as media is objectively wrong.  This kind of argument always makes me feel like they person using it come across as being smug and conceited.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

People who use the word objectively and factually wrong.

Holy shit, how did I forget to mention this!? :crackle:

You have no idea how much my blood boils when I read a comment or post from someone who asserts their opinions on a subject as a fact, and not a personal preference. :scoots: I swear it's almost like they're insecure about their position on something, so they feel the need to say it's factual or objective to make themselves feel better.

Sorry about the venting, but I just couldn't agree more with this post! 

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

My biggest pet peeve is when someone says  "expecially" instead of "especially". 

Ooh, I agree with this! The one I hate the most is when people say 'samwich' instead of 'sandwich.' It's like these people never grew beyond age 3 and still speak in baby talk. 

I also hate computer updates. Updates to any tech never does anything but rearrange the same stuff in different ways, so you can't find anything anymore. It never improves anything (and often causes a LOT of problems). It's like someone has to justify their paycheck so they come up with pointless updates to impose upon the world so they can make themselves look busy and useful. If they want to be useful they can make the tech work right in the first place so it doesn't need constant updates. :unamused: 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 6

-People who let their kids run around or scream or cry while the parent is on their cell phone...

-People who can't make up there or keep changing it while ordering food.

-Books out of order, it's my OCD thing, but I like books in order or in a neat row.

-Reading books out of order,  IT IS SOMETHING I CAN NOT DO!

-Pets left in cars and no window is open or water at all for the pet to drink.  I've been known to go to a place to find the owner and chew them out on this....

-Super Load Music after hours:  I've had some people that seem to think having the bass level shaking their walls is cool,  while the rest of us need sleep.....

-Animal Cruelty of ANY FORM!:  If I see ANYONE hurting an animal/pet,  I will say something and yes, get in your face.   

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

My biggest pet peeve is when someone says  "expecially" instead of "especially". 

And her wicked cousin "expresso."

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Silenz Veritas said:

WHY do they make them so you freakin' crack them by looking at them wrong?

SO Frustrating!

Yeah... I have this beautiful rainbow threaded reed that I've only ever played on a little bit, but was going to really use for a chamber recital and my jury, but... I pulled it out and it has a crack in it. How did that even happen?! *sigh*

• Brohoof 1

This is kinda a weird one, but when I set my backpack down on the floor I have to make sure the little straps that come out from the bottom corners are neatly folded underneath it. I can't stand setting a backpack on the floor and letting the straps just lay all over the place :baconmane:

Also when I use my iPad I have to clear all the windows and close all the browser tabs before I turn it off, I can't stand leaving tabs open or apps open and turning off my device, it drives me nuts! Everything must be cleared out and all tabs are to be closed or it'll bother me for the rest of the night :unamused:

Edited by King of Canterlot
  • Brohoof 1

I have a big pet peeve when it comes to:

- people who don't finish their sentences when they're talking. Seriously, how am I supposed to make anything of what you're saying when I have no idea what you're talking about because you literally just say something like "They can't..." THEY CAN'T WHAT? 

- people who can't type or say a coherent sentence.

- noise pollution of all kinds

- people who get offended over just about nothing. Not going to post examples as not to offend anyone since I DON'T WANT TO CREATE ANY PROBLEMS WITH ANYONE... :dry:

- paladins players that spam VHS while also seemingly trying as hard as they can to avoid their healer, especially when they're f***ing flankers who shouldn't be getting healed as often anyways because they'll just be in a completely different part of the map...

- people playing any multiplayer game that equate ELO to Skill. THEY ARE FAR FROM THE SAME THING!!! :glimmer:

• Brohoof 2

When a series can't make up it's own mind about certain elements and so they change constantly. Seriously, how many times has Nightmare Moon's origin been retconned at this point? I counted six times, arguably eight but two are a stretch. 

And people who complain that reboots of stuff are always, and automatically, terrible. Some of my favorite shows of all times have been reboots (TMNT 2012, Legend Quest, FiM, Peanuts by Schulz, Digimon Tamers, Moomin 1990, Astro Boy 1980, etc). I feel that reboots in general never get a fair chance nowadays. The Ben 10 reboot isn't even bad, it's just not that good. 

1 hour ago, A Wild Barik Main said:

- people playing any multiplayer game that equate ELO to Skill. THEY ARE FAR FROM THE SAME THING!!! :glimmer:

Agreed. Likewise when people think hours and time put into a game makes you better. I've been paying TF2 for the better half of a decade with over 1,000 hours and I'm kind of trash to this day. 

• Brohoof 1

• This is pretty weird but sighing gets on my nerves, especially if it's done continuously.
  • People hitting or throwing nearby objects when frustrated.
  • All kinds of unnecessary loudness and yelling.
  • Related to the above, but barking dogs.
  • People who can't take "No" for an answer.
  • Also related to the above, but people who deliberately annoy you by doing the things you politely ask them not to do.

There are probably a lot more of these things but these are the biggest ones, or so I think. :wau: