Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Are Your Biggest Pet Peeves?

The Recherche

I read a lot of fanfiction, so it really annoys me when I read stories that lack proper grammar and structure. Makes me wonder if the authors actually gave a crap about their own work.

• Brohoof 3

Most People- People who judge others, people think of me of what I'm not, annoying kids/youths, people (mainly kids) hanging around/messing about in street, many lists.

Waiting for the bus- It happen alots, and lose my patient when it took it's time or even cancelled.

Bus Cancelled during their service- It happen alot, believe driver did it on purpose. It annoyed me.

When Computer/internet has problem- Lose many computers due to break down, slowness.

Being in big crowd/packed bus/back train

Can't find things/places

When my teams (Manchester United/England/Team I played in) loses, can't stand it sometimes.

Edited by Adam Burt
  • Brohoof 2

My other big pet peeves are when My computer starts crapping out on me with all the lag and slowdown.

When you prepare yourself for an unforgettable luncheon and its all ruined because a fly is on it and moved everywhere around your food. :glimmer:

I also posted my other pet peeves in a similar topic made by user @Tom The Diamond,

What really grinds my gear?

Overthinking and being harshly critical to myself. Always getting lost on the little details and never forming the big picture. At least I try not to be critical towards others and be nice in the most sincerest way possible?

Cannot stand both arrogant and hypocritical people. Even worse when I acquire these attributes because I'm tempted to kill myself.

Boredom used to be my pet peeve, but I got used to it.

• Brohoof 2

Mine would have to be simple... yet complex at the same time! :D

Mine would have to include chewing... or just... any disgusting noises... I have no idea why, but it always makes me mumble stuff under my breath! No offense to the ones who do that... I guess it just sets something off for me! :)

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Recherche said:

@Butterscotch Pony I actually get this one as well! :please: Don't get me started on spaghetti suckers again!

You and be both! Ugh... Just makes me shiver! Erm.... again, not trying to hate on anyone! That is always why I mostly eat in my room! Just to prevent my mumbles or... just being rude myself for those who do it!

• Brohoof 2

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:56 AM, Galaxian Darkanine said:

Agreed.

Likewise when people think hours and time put into a game makes you better. I've been paying TF2 for the better half of a decade with over 1,000 hours and I'm kind of trash to this day. 

I've played with Grandmasters players who could hardly play the game and also bronze players that played like they should be in Diamond in Paladins, so I know that well enough. 

Honestly, it normally does if you try to improve. But even then that's not always true. I played TF2 for only about 900 hours and got REALLY good playing Sniper, but played almost every other class like trash (I was pretty decent at playing Demoman, especially running a Demoknight. I was also an okay Pyro, but wasn't extremely good).

But Androxus is one of my most played Champions in Paladins and I've actually gotten WORSE with him since I started playing him... :confused:, and a pretty similar story with Pip. But that was probably mostly due to my internet getting worse.

Edited by A Wild Barik Main
  • Brohoof 1

One of my pet peeves is definitely when friends act like jerks for no apparent reason and expect me to just silently put up with it since we're friends. For some reason people just don't notice their hypocrisy either - a former friend used to get sarcastic and passive aggressive with me very often but when I replied with sarcasm once he had to defend himself by turning to personal insults.

On 4/28/2018 at 8:56 AM, Galaxian Darkanine said:

Likewise when people think hours and time put into a game makes you better.

This just really reminds me of how I've been playing AQW for almost seven years and I'm still the absolute worst at it. :lol: I suck so hard that people that are on lower levels than me don't die as many times as I do.

My biggest pet peeve? When people spell Jimmie Johnson's name wrong. I mean come ON, it's JimmIE not JimmY. HE'S A NASCAR DRIVER NOT A FOOTBALL PLAYER :glimmer: Or football coach or whatever that one football guy does/did with football. :eww:

Another big one is when someone is eating food and they're smacking and/or making loud chewing sounds. :scoots: Many times I end up leaving the room just so I don't end up blurting out something I'll regret later. 

I know I have more but these two are the biggest imao :lol:

• Brohoof 2

Deja vu :confused: . Hrmmm...

Having the music really loud in the car when trying to have a conversation is one I can think of. I have more but that’s the only one I can think of. I’ll revise later :P .

• Brohoof 1

On 4/27/2018 at 2:43 PM, Wannabrony said:

Those exist?! :wacko:

Skyrim.  Argonians.  It's not that strange.

I have a whole blog about pet peeve's entitled "What Really Grinds My Gears."  For now, I'll just go with this: the phrases "It's that time again," and "gettin' back into the swing of things."

• Brohoof 2

My pet peeve is whatever comes and goes for me, since I don't really remember the last thing that annoys me. 

• Brohoof 3

When people say stuff like "studies have proven that (insert random thing here)" without providing any sources. Bonus points if they act like they've won the argument because of said studies. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

people who chew with their mouth open

People that review cartoon shows as if they think it is not a cartoon show.

Also this

Edited by Whomps
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

With people, I like to think that I have a lot of patience, so my biggest pet peeve has to do with writing (fanfiction, mostly).

I can't stand it when people don't space out their paragraphs. It makes it hard to read. And using text speak in formal writing is just...why would you do that? If you want someone to take you seriously, you can't just put 'ur' and 'lol' in there. It just ruins the immersion. I'm usually lenient with minor spelling errors, but there's also 'not eve ntyring too revize wat you rote.'

Edited by Bo-setsu
  • Brohoof 1

Disney haters and especially those who complain about what they're doing to Star Wars. As bad as the post 2012 stuff can be, it can never be worst than Phantom Menace, which was a long time ago.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks to one of my old friends, my biggest pet peeves is when people either spam the same emoji twenty times in the same message or sigh after every message you send to them while texting. Seriously though, they said "-.-" after every single message you send them. I just don't get it!

Spoiler

Me: Good morning

Friend: -.- morning

Me: How are you?

Friend: -.- fine

Me: Did you get to finish all that homework you had last night?

Friend: -.- yeah I did

Me: Well that's good, I still got some to do.

Friend: -.- that sucks

• Brohoof 1

• Un-organized and unclean places.
  • When i'm eating a burger or a sandwich and all the ingredients fall out while i'm taking a bite. -.-
  • People who comment things like:

"I was born in the wrong generation" or  "[insert name of show] brought me here" in the YouTube comment section of a song. 

• People arguing over stupid shit.
  • Politics
  • People who say Metal is "just noise"
  • Extremists/Religious people.

I could go on and on. >_>

• Brohoof 2

I know people make grammar mistakes all the time, and I usually just look at it and try ignoring it. I'm not entirely the best at grammar either. But the one I hate the most is when people say "Thanks so much!" :eww: 

I know I shouldn't make a huge deal out of this especially since they're showing gratitude, but there's something about that specific phrase that really annoys me. :sunny: 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Wannabrony said:

I know people make grammar mistakes all the time, and I usually just look at it and try ignoring it. I'm not entirely the best at grammar either. But the one I hate the most is when people say "Thanks so much!" :eww: 

I know I shouldn't make a huge deal out of this especially since they're showing gratitude, but there's something about that specific phrase that really annoys me. :sunny: 

Yeah, I know how you feel. :please: While it's not exactly the same, I get somewhat annoyed when folks say "could care less." :scoots: I think the folks that say that need to say that phrase again to themselves. Slowly, this time...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I hate wasting food. When someone orders food knowing they won't eat it. Like ordering fries with a sandwich and not eating them, or eating half a piece of pie. Just don't order it, or take it home. They think that by only eating half the pie they are losing weight. 

Edited by BronyNumber42licious
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Oh my God... how could I have forgotten about this?! :o

Spoiler

CALCULATORS THAT DON'T HAVE COMMAS!!!

Edited by Recherche
  • Brohoof 1