Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Are Your Biggest Pet Peeves?

The Recherche

19 minutes ago, MarkusTactician said:

I absolutely dislike it when I hold the door open for someone and they don't say thank you. Especially when someone with their hands full doesn't say thank you, that irks me.

Those that thank the bus driver: :wub:

lel x3

but yeah, i'd imagine that would be annoying

Edited by fare67t
  • Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Will Guide said:

The fact that YouTube ads on being put in the middle of videos abruptly interrupting sentences in the video, especially ones that last for several minutes.

Care to give some examples?

Last time someone wrote bore when they were talking about boar 

Daily pet peeve:

When you try to enjoy your only break at work alone, and someone just has to join in at your table and make conversation with you. 

Worst they can’t a hint that I’m not interested in talking to anyone.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Babies crying/screaming in public. I know they're too young to control themselves and not everyone has day care/babysitter options, but something about that shrieking just makes me instantly miserable no matter what I was in the middle of. In particular, going to the theater when a new animated Disney movie comes out is a huge gamble in my experience.

Chewing with your mouth open to a lesser extent, but that one never seems to happen to me any more.

• Brohoof 2

One thing that has always irritated the hell out of me is when people constantly go out of there way to only refer to the United States as "america". I get it, it is simpler and people can do what they want, but when that is the only word used it often feels like the states themselves are being ignored entirely, like we're all just being lumped into one mass forever. Obviously I have this obsession with state individuality but I have it for good reason. Each state is different! Unique! Each have their own unique government, laws, culture, flag. Constantly calling all of it "america" devalues the states and their unique traits, in my opinion. Kinda like when people use the term "american accent", when there's numerous accents across the states and that usually depends on the state you grew up in. A New Yorker accent is worlds different than an Alabaman accent.

Take the UK as the best example of how it should be, in my opinion. The UK has different countries within it. Each one is still considered a country of their own. So even though the UK is often simplified to just Britain and Britain itself is classified as a country, the individuality of each "state" or country within the UK is often still acknowledged. Scottish and English people are often not lumped into the same mass. That's what I wish the world would see with the US. I also get that 50 states are waaaaaaaaaaaay harder to keep track so again, simplification, but still. State is also another word used for country so there's that too. 

Bit of a ramble from me there but like I said, I am sorta obsessed with this topic. Obsession equals lots of typie typing. State individuality is something I will always promote and advocate for. 

• Brohoof 1

A pet peeve I have is simply ignorance and refusing to learn something you don’t agree with. There are times I tell someone a fact and they just brush it off like, “Oh, I don’t believe that’s true...” I give them the facts and statistics. :yeahno: “Nah... I don’t think that’s right.” I give them video evidence and scientific research! :glimmer: “Hmm... I disagree... I mean, it doesn’t make sense in my head.”

Spoiler

1117394__safe_solo_animated_starlight+gl

• 1 year later...

When something falls in my vicinity. Bonus points if there's no clear and obvious reason why it even moved at all !!

Sponsored segments in videos. I get why the creators do it, but I'm literally never going to buy what they're advertising. Instant skip. Even worse when they put that crap right in the middle of the video, ruining the entire flow.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

When I'm writing a message on the forum and it looks good until, I press "Submit Reply" and then words look like they're all over the place. 

Oh, I have another one, where I have written a long formatted post, just to hit the "Submit", and a notification popup about someone posting something shows up to steal my click, and send me to their stuff! Imagine if I lost all my work that way? (forum remembers.... at least sometimes) :yeahno:

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Splashee said:

Oh, I have another one, where I have written a long formatted post, just to hit the "Submit", and a notification popup about someone posting something shows up to steal my click, and send me to their stuff! Imagine if I lost all my work that way? (forum remembers.... at least sometimes) :yeahno:

I HATE WHEN THIS HAPPENS TO ME IN FORUM GAMES WHERE I NEED TO RESPOND TO SOMETHING SPECIFIC! :Cozy:

• Brohoof 1

32 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I HATE WHEN THIS HAPPENS TO ME IN FORUM GAMES WHERE I NEED TO RESPOND TO SOMETHING SPECIFIC! :Cozy:

Ugh I know that feeling! :scoots:

I can’t stand when people have mini coughing fits that just won’t stop. Please get some cough drops :(

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

When people tell me they’re ready to go then turns out no one is ready at all. Once I’m in “ready mode” I can’t get out, don’t do that to me! :scoots:

You won't like ExplosionMare when she's inconvenienced. :yeahno: 

---

Another pet peeve I have is when people follow me on DeviantArt but they don't favorite or comment on anything that I post.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

3 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

I don’t like when people bump into me and don’t say anything so I feel awkward and apologize myself even though I wasn’t the one bumping into anyone.

"I'm sorry, table...FINE BE THAT WAY!" :blush:/:angry:

---

I don't like when I mention someone in a post and they don't see it. This gives me anxiety because I don't know if it was a problem on my end or theirs. 

Daily pet peeve 

When someone expect me to pass down the massage and I did to the other person but when that other person got the massage, they either got it all wrong or didn’t care to fucking listening. Then pass it over to the first person with the misconception and then the first got confused and dragged me in the middle for their lousy miscommunication. Look, like if you two want to communicate and talk, next time do so and not drag me into this to be your fucking massager.

• 3 weeks later...

Daily pet peeve. 
Rushing. God damn how much I hated being rushed or people pushes me to rush. We got all the time in the world here- so I like to take my time. I would start caring to rush if the world is burning but right now, it’s not.:maud: