Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Inappropriate ads

PiratePony

I have noticed a great reduction in the amount of water tank installation and repair service advertisements and a distasteful increase in those "this is not a typical dating site" ones, I understand full well the notion of "if you don't want to see adds use adblock" but as I wish to support the site I choose against it, to see less inappropriate ones however would be greatly appreciated.

My browser ATM, nothing inappropriate to me:

Spoiler

tgxwf.thumb.jpg.f6933627fc57303c90645b7f6989bcc3.jpg

But on my phone? I don't know how this works:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180429-224442.thumb.png.7bbecbf1608f06786244efce1481b611.png

Well, I have another small update for this; I'm not sure if this kind of Advertisement counts as NSFW, but it could sure as hell be considered abusive! :blink:

IMG_0155.thumb.PNG.f01cbec1a6cb6ece028b904c5956cd7d.PNG

Yeah, I think there needs to be something done about this! :twi: I was never going to even consider clicking on this, but this is pretty blatantly predatory!

Edited by Recherche
  • Brohoof 2

Well I just simply adblock on every single website I go through so I don't have to see any ads. I wonder if the economics behind these ads relate to the economic model of neoliberalism. Hmm...? I try to disable Adblocking for supporting Youtubers I like though (sometimes I forget :P).

I'll take a look into blocking the provider for the ads, this one looks like it's just a regular adsense ad, so it shouldn't be too hard to remove. Keep in mind that ads are a source of revenue for the site though, it's what helps pay the bills, and they're optional from the start here. You can enable and disable them through the user settings instead of using an adblocker.

Ads like this do crop up from time to time, people improperly labelling their ads, and then they get served here, it's not completely random, there's a pool of 'approved' adds and some on the unapproved list that are new that I have to go through from time to time. So simply reporting this or you clicking on the x in the corner would help.

I've removed a good chunk of the dating ads, please tag me here if you find more, (There was even an actual ad for dating actual horses floating around, go figure). Anyway, this can crop up again in the future if these publishers make new ad accounts and republish them so keep an eye out and be sure to let me know!

• Brohoof 7

• 2 weeks later...