Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Derpy burns down your house. How do you punish her?

KillerKingBakudan

I would prefer to pardon her, forgive and forget if it was an accident, but if I absolutely had to punish her, I'd have her work for me to pay off the damages. Like, if I owned a shop, I'd have her do stuff around there for me before she burned that down as well. :mlp_icwudt:

(edited)

"Then Derpy gets all teary eyed and tries to apologize. She says she wants to make it up to you somehow."

I'm not sure if I'd be able to 'punish' her, especially after seeing her like this. I'd hug her and say, that everything is going to be okay. :kindness: Obviously she'd probably have to cover or at least help with the costs generated by damage she caused, so if that would be done, I'd be fine.

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The first thing I would do is ask her why would she even do such a thing. A reason for her motive is necessary to ensure that the next steps can be taken.

On 6/20/2018 at 2:00 AM, Artica said:

I'm disappointed in a lot of you, hasn't My Little Pony taught about the futility of revenge? It is detrimental and often do not solve anything.

Human punishments work as a balance for your expected gain. It works as: if you do a certain action, then an even worst bad thing (punishment) will also happen to you, therefore deterring you from the crime. However, this works only for intentional acts of crime. Any accident event can't be prevented by such a deterrence. Therefore, what I do to Derpie must somehow heal the situation, such as making her pay to rebuild my house.

I chuckled when I saw the title. "Punish." My original post I planned to say something like, I fully expect this thread to be clean, mature, and completely free of perverse thoughts." 

Then instead I feel like I found "House of 1000 Corpses." This thread is full of scary and cruel. How could anyone do this to Derpy. Comeon... she'd feel bad enough about it already and would never intentionally hurt anypony. 

Besides, I suspect the problem would remedy itself. I worked on a fic like this. Derpy practically wrecked the Boutique... in the middle of the freaking night. This had a side effect of waking up most of Ponyville though and by daybreak they were fully in musical montage "barn raising" mode.

But... OK. Perhaps more in the spirit of the OP... I have a more humerous one. "Can I borrow the keys to the TARDIS? After that disaster I think I need to go for a joy ride."

Edited by bornAgainEquestrian
  • Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, bornAgainEquestrian said:

I chuckled when I saw the title. "Punish." My original post I planned to say something like, I fully expect this thread to be clean, mature, and completely free of perverse thoughts." 

Then instead I feel like I found "House of 1000 Corpses." This thread is full of scary and cruel. How could anyone do this to Derpy. Comeon... she'd feel bad enough about it already and would never intentionally hurt anypony. 

Besides, I suspect the problem would remedy itself. I worked on a fic like this. Derpy practically wrecked the Boutique... in the middle of the freaking night. This had a side effect of waking up most of Ponyville though and by daybreak they were fully in musical montage "barn raising" mode.

But... OK. Perhaps more in the spirit of the OP... I have a more humerous one. "Can I borrow the keys to the TARDIS? After that disaster I think I need to go for a joy ride."

Yeah... Let's not get that dark. I don't want this thread to be grimdark at all.

• 1 year later...

...Wait, Vegetable Oil is BAD for fires?!!? This is genuinely news to me.

I would offer to build her a house.

Yes, despite the fact that,in this metaphorical-rhetorical, I'M the one without a house and she still has one.

Yes, I would build her new house on top of her pre-existing one, thereby crushing the previous house and creating a need for the new one that destroyed the old one.

I don't really understand Cause & Effect very well.

I'd punish her by knocking her unconscious and then stealing her money and then using that money to buy a new house and then since Derpy is well to put it nicely 'Derpy', she'll wake up and not remember anything.

I'd just tell her to pay me for the damages. Derpy may be careless, but it was an accident that came out of good intentions. No punishment is necessary here.