Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post A Quote From Your Day, Without Any Context.

Denim&Venöm

"The landlord had a think and suggested, genuinely, that he might be able to find some chicken in the freezer. I politely declined, explaining again that I was a vegetarian. The look on his face was priceless – somewhere between finding out that Maggie Thatcher was actually a man and someone defecating in his hand as he replied, 'Yer dunt eat chicken???!!!' I think I had sausage egg and chips, without the sausage."

"Oh I dunno I wish something exciting would happen. Sort of a race for life, that's what I want! Whole boatloads of sailors becalmed on the China seas! Stricken down with Yellow Jack! The radio operator slumped over his set calling in a weak voice for help – and me, the only one who picks up the message – the only one in touch with the stricken victims drifting helplessly in the grip of a monsoon! Inert bodies crumpled over half eaten dinners! Limp arms hanging out of bunks! Cabin doors swinging on their hinges! Every human being on board in a deep coma, save for the wireless operator, croaking out messages to me! The only man who can save 'em! Instead of that all I get is 'Send a tray of bread pudding to Kuala Lumpur' ..."

Edited by Tropical Melody

Then there was a voice! Was this to be a choral work? Music of the spheres, or something? I wandered to the door of The Shed and listened. The mysterious voice outside spake thus: "I said I'd meet you by them ol' sheds. It's bliddy freezin'. Whaddya mean you're gonna be late?!" I realised that I was close to an ecclesiastic moment...

After some experimentation with ballast, we settled on several 30-pound pails of cat litter. This both stabilized the rig and increased its curiosity quotient — while unloading 90 pounds of litter to make room for a passenger, one onlooker commented, "Man, you must have a cat that craps up the wall."