What if Equestria Girls happend first?

Sparklefan1234

Would you still watch MLP:FiM?  

15 users have voted

1. 1. Would you still watch MLP:FiM?

• Yes
    • No

(edited)

Considering how mixed people's opinions are about the Equestria Girls franchise,

would you still watch MLP:FiM if Equestria Girls happend first?

As for me, I'm pretty sure I would still watch MLP:FiM since I enjoy Equestria Girls so much. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

If Equestria Girls happened first, then the entire timeline of MLP events would be different. It would be the humans who discovered the Elements of Harmony, not the ponies. Sunset would steal the crown and escape to the pony world. MLP:FIM would be the real spin-off series, not Equestria Girls, and the franchise and fanbase would not be known as a pony subculture per se. I'm not sure whether I would have become a fan to begin with if Equestria Girls started first, but assuming I did, I might still enjoy both series. 

• Brohoof 2

It's hard to say, I mean I may have, but considering how the fandom really started with the mane show, it's kinda hard to say whether or not the fanbase would have even existed if EQG had happened first. I'll be honest, I like the mane show better than EQG, not that I don't like EQG, just that I like the actual "real" show with the ponies and such better, there just......... seems to be more to it, plot-wise and character development-wise ya know? 

I guess I could have gone either way, but considering that EQG wasn't made first, I'm glad that I did find this amazing community of ponyfolk through the mane show :rarity:

• Brohoof 2

I voted no because my friends were fans of the show and brought me into the fandom. I could be swayed to check out My Little Pony because they said it was completely different from the older versions and they compared it to the original power puff girls and that show was awesome. I like Equestria Girls but not anywhere near to the point I enjoy MLP. It wouldn't have had same impact on my friends, and It was around the time Equestria Girls came out that they left the fandom anyways, so I wouldn't have had anyone telling me I should watch it.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

It would be really hard to decide, because EG relied on the FIM series established setup of the Mane 5 and other characters to carry their EG counterparts.

It just wouldn't work the other way because if Twilight crossed over to Equestria, they would have to put in effort to setup that world and not the simple as high school human counterparts.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm... if I'm honest.  I'm not sure.  I like both shows equally tbh but I'm not fully sure if I would of actually cared about FIM had it come out 2nd.  

I mean, The fact that they were humans and then suddenly ponies... I dunno, I just feel it would of been a little weird.  Granted, it could of been a bit interesting but *shrug* I guess it really depends on how they did it.

Like, if they set up EG like it's been.  As in magic from the FIM world is coming into the EG world.  It could be interesting to see that side, though honestly, I think they may have adjusted it to where the EG girls were unigue and just crossed between the two.  So :/

• Brohoof 1

Had Equestria Girls happened first, FiM would still have the impact that it unleashed though some things wouldn't be the same namely behind the scenes. While Equestria Girls is my main focus seeing as it was how I got into the fandom, I'd still watch FiM as why deny myself an excellent cartoon?

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

If Equestria Girls happened first, I probably still would've gotten into a show. To a certain extent, Equestria Girls was the reason I started watching FiM in the first place, so I don't think my experience would've been that much different.

Edited by Cash_In
  • Brohoof 2