Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When did you graduate high school?

SushiSub

2 hours ago, Vintjack Greasymane said:

Just think that one more little push, and you'll be done with it forever. This should give you the strenght you need!:ph34r:

I just need to get in the mindset I had when I was finishing up Psychology, and I'll tear through the rest of these exams like they were slips of paper! :ph34r:

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Recherche said:

I just need to get in the mindset I had when I was finishing up Psychology, and I'll tear through the rest of these exams like they were slips of paper! :ph34r:

Splendid!:grin:
You've got all of my moral support, then!:)

• Brohoof 2

June 10th, 2010

Though I actually showed up for classes the day after graduation. Had to complete my final for web page design half asleep from a night of partying and cake eating. I wasn't leaving until I tied up all my loose ends. Also wrote a "To whom it may concern," letter to whomever was gonna inherit my locker of 5 years. #324. Combination 8-18-24. After all my tasks were finished, then I could finally walk away knowing that my mission was complete.  

Fun fact: I was voted 'most memorable' by my class. 

• Brohoof 2

I 'barely' graduated in 2011. I technically would not even say graduated, more like 'finished'. I didn't receive a proper diploma, I got a 'certificate of completion'. That was basically the school's way of saying "You are absolutely worthless and stupid, but we don't want you here anymore, so have this lesser piece of paper. Have fun failing at life." Been failing at life ever since.

6 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

I 'barely' graduated in 2011. I technically would not even say graduated, more like 'finished'. I didn't receive a proper diploma, I got a 'certificate of completion'. That was basically the school's way of saying "You are absolutely worthless and stupid, but we don't want you here anymore, so have this lesser piece of paper. Have fun failing at life." Been failing at life ever since.

Sorta know that one.

I was put on an experimental cert path (not just me, everyone in my streamgroups were) for a new system of certifications they were trialling; the trials weren't deemed successful, but I ended up with weird "joint scheme" certifications none of my early employers had ever heard of. Made getting a role interesting.

Other side of the same coin - one of my marefriends had left school without any paper at all, not even completion (she had anxiety attacks, and had literally bugged out of the examinations) but I got her enrolled on some remedial certification courses at a local college, so she could at least get her english and mathematics paper. She went from there to vocational training (more assessment based and continuous rather than written tests) and did quite well.  There is usually a way to get your paper certs back on track if you really want to.

In my own field, more specific (and usually vendor specific) paper is asked for rather than school certs - if you are looking more for an artistic career, I imagine that is similar - people will care more about your portfolio than if you did well in geography or biology class.  I am not sure what you want to do with your life, but given you seem to have artistic talent, I am going to assume that :)

I haven't yet graduated, but I'm homeschooled so it's kinda hard to say when exactly. 2019 will probably be my graduation year. 

• Brohoof 1

I stopped going to school after 7th grade and later went back to school only to drop out  in 9th grade (really long story), but I was "technically" homeschooled so it's hard to tell. I think I would've graduated about 2 or 3 years ago. 

2005.  We were going to have a ten year reunion, but not enough tickets were sold.  To be honest, that was a relief.  Most stories I hear about reunions are awful.

I graduated in 2010. To those who are still in high school: treasure every day you have left there. Because that's all that's keeping you from getting your ass kicked by work, responsibilities, and bills. And see your friends often, because odds are good that you won't be seeing them again anymore when you get a job. You will eat, sleep, and work.

(edited)

I'm a 2020 student, so not yet

16 hours ago, Stone Cold Steve Tuna said:

I graduated in 2010. To those who are still in high school: treasure every day you have left there. Because that's all that's keeping you from getting your ass kicked by work, responsibilities, and bills. And see your friends often, because odds are good that you won't be seeing them again anymore when you get a job. You will eat, sleep, and work.

If I'm gonna work, I'm gonna make that work worth it. I'll go to college, get some degrees, raise money, open a small bakery, and work my way up from there.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

4 minutes ago, Stone Cold Steve Tuna said:

@Lucid_Nightlight College is life's best selling scam. A degree means very little when all they care about is previous experience on the job. 

Eh, I'm doing college mostly to learn as much as I can about business, I'll need all the knowledge I can if I want to own a business.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...