Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Ever Lose a Good Online Friend and Don't Know Why?

GoldieS

It probably sounds incredibly stupid and petty, but today I lost someone who I truly considered an actual friend online (for at least a year and some change). RPd and just shot the breeze all the time. All of a sudden I'm kicked from all his friends and actually blocked from messaging him on several sites...  I can't figure out why... and it's left me surprisingly hurt. 

Sorry, not a whole lot of people I could vent this sort of thing to. Anyone else ever have a good online friend bail on them suddenly and without word?

Eh, I know, I just kinda wished I knew why. It's not like I was one of those needy online guys, or constant arguing or debating or anything. Like I said, just extra salty about if I guess... petty of me probably. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Lose a friend, make a new one! There are 7.6 billion people in this world (according to Google)

There must be a good explanation for your situation but I never experienced the same thing, so I don't know how it feels.

Hope this doesn't make you feel worse!

Edited by Kevin_Tang
Missed a verb
  • Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Kevin_Tang said:

There are 7.6 billion people in this world (according to Google)

Scary to think we were at 7 billion in 2011.

I've lost a good handful of online friends, but that's mostly due to me never providing a means to contact me outside of whatever social media platform I'm using and I keep a very irregular schedule. I'll go months without talking to them and then jsut pop up out of the blue. A lot can happen during that time so on occasion you never see them again.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, SharpWit said:

Scary to think we were at 7 billion in 2011.

7.6 Billion (2018) The current world population is 7.6 billion as of May 2018 according to the most recent United Nations estimates elaborated by Worldometers.

But but this can't be wrong?

• Brohoof 1

27 minutes ago, Kevin_Tang said:

7.6 Billion (2018) The current world population is 7.6 billion as of May 2018 according to the most recent United Nations estimates elaborated by Worldometers.

But but this can't be wrong?

I don't think it could be off by any more than 50 million unless a lot of census takers are providing false or very little information, and there's some conflict, famine, or other means of displacement no one has been keeping track of. Those could all be reasons an online friend disappears as well.

32 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

ha he, true. First world problems on my end lol

Nah, don't belittle your feelings like that. If you feel hurt, then you feel hurt. That's totally normal.

I have lost friends before, but at least I usually know why. It's when I'm NOT blocked by then, but they disappear without a trace that I really get upset, because I worry something happened to them.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I've had friends disappear before and it's a super scary feeling whenever I think another friend might have disappeared. But most of them weren't a sudden disappearance, instead they just came online gradually less and less. I have plenty of other friends and there are always new people here on the forums to chat with, but I still miss my old friends sometimes, seeing as they were my first friends in the fandom.

• Brohoof 5

There's a few people I met on here that no longer see anymore. I've had to find new friends only for some of them to leave too. I still remember the small fun interactions we had together, then all of a sudden poof! They're gone without warning.

• Brohoof 1

I’ve had a few friends disappear, even someone who I was really fond of here along with her sis. Not sure what happened.

But it’s never completely certain they’re gone forever at least, so maybe they’ll come back eventually, though it’s best to accept they won’t.

• Brohoof 1

Online and real life, people have flat out just abandoned me, blocking me on everything or just trying to avoid contact with me. It happens I guess, not too concerned about it.

• Brohoof 1

Pretty much happened to almost every one I've talked to. I'd imagine that's just the nature of having online friends.

Or I'm just a bad people person :unsure:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

dunno since online friendships usually arent as thorough though im not really one to talk about it since online friendships are pretty much all i have and yeah they can go just like that due to inactivity lack of communcation though i believe that it doesnt really end the friendship it just is less active

• Brohoof 1