Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something about OCs

Kevin Tang

Nah, they don't need to have a crazy backstory. In fact a completely normal person being thrown into crazy situations makes for great storytelling.

And nothing you make will be completely original. There are billions of people on Earth, someone is bound to have thought of the same idea in one form or another. I mean Superman is basically the story of Moses. It's the other things that make Superman different and his own character. Even if you and this other person have similarities, you're still bound to have different approaches to the story because you're different people with different life experiences.

• Brohoof 1

Nope. Just give your character a backstory; friends, family, occupation, etc. Dont worry about being original because everything has been done. The only thing that will be different is how your character reacts to everything. If you’re not sure, add something from your own life.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 07/05/2018 at 12:58 AM, Twilight Luna said:

If you’re not sure, add something from your own life.

The thing is that my OC resembles myself in real life

So, what now?

I find that crazy stories should be used only for those who live crazy lives and carry a lot of influence. I have an OC character that I recently shared on here. He has a crazy story that has nothing to do with a cutie mark. It's just how his life is and he plays a major role so it fits. Regular people/ponies/characters can be extremely simple but still good. If the OC is a reflection of yourself then just try to match it up as best you can.

• Brohoof 1