Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What will about the MLP fandom be when the series ends?

Berry-Bliss-Sundae

I've been wondering what will happen after the series ends ... I mean, as far as I know, hasbro has more sales in MLP products ... which makes me think ...

- Is it possible that they publish another series with thematic of ponies? or at least in the same universe as is the case of '' Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them '' which is located in the same magical world of harry potter but with other protagonists.

- What will happen with forums like this? Will there be those who leave or will continue to work?

- What do you think about it? What do you think will happen?

Greetings and I await your comments! :P

• Brohoof 4

Anything is possible at this point, the thing is it won't end for a little while so perhaps these questions best be left for later, though a G5 is in the works I think. Not for another few years though.

• Brohoof 1

When a show ends, a fandom doesn't end with it. Look at Star Wars. Movies that made such an impact that for decades it kept a massive fanbase and that fanbase even survived through the terrible prequel movies. The MLP fandom has made such an impact on the internet and media that it will continue on. Then a new gen will start and hopefully it will be worthy of continuing the cycle. If not, the fandom will still exist.

• Brohoof 7

Oh yeah, the fandom's not going anywhere after the show ends. I feel it should go without saying that it will be about G5 after Friendship is Magic ends (likely won't happen for at least another three years, give or take), but also don't forget that the MLP fandom actually started with the early cartoons and that FiM is what really got it booming. If you don't believe me, just ask any veteran (and I mean veteran) brony who secretly enjoyed the franchise growing up in the 90s. I think that's the main cause of the misconception that THE FANDOM IS DYING, people believing that the fandom is just about FiM, forgetting that MLP is not just a show. It's a franchise, and one that would be suicide for Hasbro to discontinue at that. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

When the show ends Hasbro will most definetly make another mlp show later on if not right after they decide to end mlp Fim for a sort of G5 mlp show ( which I doubt they will do soon because of of various factors such as how much they make off of my little pony currently especially of off Fim). I think the fandom will still be around to an extent as MLP content has surfaced far from just hasbro with different animators, fanfic writers etc. I wouldn’t be surprised if bronies decided to make their own continued version of the show in a different writing style with the characters. The thing is I doubt they will stop making episodes for this show any time soon but I don’t see the show still going on in 5+ years as I think it would be a little excessive if they decided to make a 14th season or more. I personally however see G5 MLP as inevitable and I am curious to what they would do for the franchise after such a monumental show such as Fim. 

989305A4-828B-45FD-97CC-C16E30B8319C.png

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Berry-Bliss-Sundae said:

I've been wondering what will happen after the series ends ... I mean, as far as I know, hasbro has more sales in MLP products ... which makes me think ...

- Is it possible that they publish another series with thematic of ponies? or at least in the same universe as is the case of '' Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them '' which is located in the same magical world of harry potter but with other protagonists.

- What will happen with forums like this? Will there be those who leave or will continue to work?

- What do you think about it? What do you think will happen?

Greetings and I await your comments! :P

I don't think the fandom will go anywhere after the show ends, at least not immediately worst case scenario. Sure, many will move on, but there will be still some activity, as these horses made a positive impact for many of us. About G5 (if it does end up as such), continues as a spinoff like FBWFT, I wouldn't put my hopes high, but it's not impossible either, as I've found out that they are using FIM's Mane6 as bases to test art styles, but they WON'T be the main characters, so the possibility of said show being being a spinoff rose :squee: 

• Brohoof 1

I don't think anything would happen to the fandom right away, once G5 starts, there will be a number of people who decide they don't like it and won't watch the new generation, but will still be active in their support and love of the MLP:FIM generation. At the same time you'll also have people who do watch the new generation and show their own support and love for it, with both sides still being active in the Brony community, I think there will be a mix of those who won't watch G5, and those who will, because at the end of the day both sides would all still love and watch ponies :yay:  

The pony community won't go anywhere for a while, it takes a lot to kill a fandom off completely, and considering how widespread we are and how MLP will still be continuing with a new generation, I wouldn't fear the collapse of the fandom anytime soon :squee:

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I don't know, but I do know MLP G4 is the best version, so I don't think the fandom will end as long as the episodes stay with good morals and adventures.

Edited by Brainstorm

(edited)

Eh, It'll still be around, for sure.  We'll still have fan content, so that will definitely be something to keep it alive, and I'll likely still be here trying to produce fanmade episodes, even if I have to have a different art-style used, so if that works out that'll be something, too.  And even without fan-content, it'd stay alive in some ways.

Edited by Superplay64

Anything that I'd feel like saying has already been said! When the show ends the fandom won't just simply disappear. While it's true that some fans might move on, there will still be people that continue being active in the fandom. And now that there are rumors of G5, I don't think the show is going to be over anytime soon.

As for myself, I'm planning to exist on these forums as long as possible - no matter if the show is still running or not. :D

(edited)

I'll have to mirror what other folks here have said; the fandom is most definitely going to stay alive after MLP: FiM ends. HOWEVER...

I have a feeling that the brony community is going to shrink down to a certain point. I can't give exact numbers, but if the brony community was a 100 back in 2012-13, then it will probably go down to a 20 or so, and probably stay that way. It may sound harsh, but when you ultimately get down to it... MLP was a fad. A long-lived fad, and a fad that I could argue had some justification... but still a fad nonetheless. This isn't necessarily a bad thing; if it didn't reach such a high status, I probably would have never found out about it or had any interest, and the same can probably be applied to a lot of folks in the fandom. Basically, MLP being a fad works as both an advantage (it gained widespread attention, bringing in fans from ever corner of the Earth, thus giving it more staying power) and a disadvantage (it will never reach its peak again).

To summarize, yes, the brony fandom will continue to exist for quite some time, but I think people should accept that it's going to be smaller than they may like it to be. We will always exist... but the glory years are over. It's kinda like Sweden, when you think about it; it was once one of the most powerful empires in the world... now, it's just a standard country.

Edited by Recherche
  • Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

I think the MLP Fandom will probably stay the same.

We all will still look back and reflect on those good times while watching the show so the fandom won't necessarily die.:catface:

Plus, we never know what Hasbro has in mind with MLP in the future as well! B)

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Yes the brony fandom will shrink. But i'm staying with it. Will you guys stay with it too??

I'll be on this fandom and the next. I ain't goin nowhere.

1 hour ago, Sondash Studios said:

I think the MLP Fandom will probably stay the same.

We all will still look back and reflect on those good times while watching the show so the fandom won't necessarily die.:catface:

Plus, we never know what Hasbro has in mind with MLP in the future as well! B)

Hasbro: MONEY!!!

• Brohoof 2

On 5/6/2018 at 6:36 PM, CloudMistDragon said:

Oh yeah, the fandom's not going anywhere after the show ends. I feel it should go without saying that it will be about G5 after Friendship is Magic ends (likely won't happen for at least another three years, give or take), but also don't forget that the MLP fandom actually started with the early cartoons and that FiM is what really got it booming. If you don't believe me, just ask any veteran (and I mean veteran) brony who secretly enjoyed the franchise growing up in the 90s. I think that's the main cause of the misconception that THE FANDOM IS DYING, people believing that the fandom is just about FiM, forgetting that MLP is not just a show. It's a franchise, and one that would be suicide for Hasbro to discontinue at that. :fluttershy:

Still agree with this, now if only that prediction about when the show was ending had been more accurate. Anyways, looking at how the show ending seems to have brought some more activity back to this fandom, I feel the slow of activity for a while came from a disinterest caused by fans just thinking in the back of their minds that the show was just "never" going to end. Now that there's proof right in front of our faces of that not being true, I think we're going to have a surge of activity for a while as everyone rushes to get what they still can out of Friendship is Magic while the iron is still hot. However, I'm sure that the fandom will still be about FiM for a while even after the series ends, especially if G5 stays in the cooker for longer than we initially expected. G5 will be an acquired taste for many even if it ends up being good, so the only thing I really feel uncertain about is how long it will take the fandom to start fully focusing on G5.    

I have a feeling G5 will be big, just as big as G4 I'd say. The MLP fandom will probably be twice as big as it is now. But hey, that's just my prediction. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...