Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A thousand years ago...

Wonderbolt Slipstream

13 minutes ago, Slipstream95 said:

What the hell did Celestia do a thousand years ago? it seems like Celestia was just pissing off every major Villain a thousand years ago. Nightmare moon sent to the moon, Discord imprisoned, Sombra and the Crystal Empire, etc.

You clearly are not paying attention to episodes that discuss that. Go back and Watch

S1' Friendship is Magic

S2's Return of Harmony

S3's the Crystal Empire

And the flashbacks Twilight experiences in S4's Princess Twilight Sparkle.

She very clearly was only "pissing off" the villains because back then they were bringing harm to the inhabitants of the lands. As a ruler, it's her job to protect the and watch over the ponies of Equestria.

Must you act like Celestia's a meanie?

• Brohoof 3

5 minutes ago, SwitchGuy2018 said:

You clearly are not paying attention to episodes that discuss that. Go back and Watch

S1' Friendship is Magic

S2's Return of Harmony

S3's the Crystal Empire

And the flashbacks Twilight experiences in S4's Princess Twilight Sparkle.

She very clearly was only "pissing off" the villains because back then they were bringing harm to the inhabitants of the lands. As a ruler, it's her job to protect the and watch over the ponies of Equestria.

Must you act like Celestia's a meanie?

But all of that was 1000 years ago exactly, in that order, it just seems odd and strange

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Slipstream95 said:

But all of that was 1000 years ago exactly, in that order, it just seems odd and strange

My advice: Don't take everything spoken at face value. Celestia and Luna imprison Discord and were strongly implied to defeat Sombra sometime BEFORE Luna became Nightmare Moon. The last of which happened exactly 1000 years before Twilight moved to Ponyville in the very first season. Not everything happened in a single year.

When they say 1000 years ago, they usually mean at least 1000 years ago. For all we know, Discord could have been imprisoned 20 years before Nightmare Moon.

I expect you guys to use more common sense. *sighs*

The episodes I listed already explain why Celestia dealt with those baddies all those years ago. I made my point, but whether you listen or not is up to you.

• Brohoof 2

55 minutes ago, SwitchGuy2018 said:

My advice: Don't take everything spoken at face value. Celestia and Luna imprison Discord and were strongly implied to defeat Sombra sometime BEFORE Luna became Nightmare Moon. The last of which happened exactly 1000 years before Twilight moved to Ponyville in the very first season. Not everything happened in a single year.

When they say 1000 years ago, they usually mean at least 1000 years ago. For all we know, Discord could have been imprisoned 20 years before Nightmare Moon.

I expect you guys to use more common sense. *sighs*

The episodes I listed already explain why Celestia dealt with those baddies all those years ago. I made my point, but whether you listen or not is up to you.

I'm just rolling with what the show gives me, I'm sorry...

55 minutes ago, BronyNumber42licious said:

Sounds like she was kicking butt and laying down the law.

Definitely

• Brohoof 1

Well let's see. Stygian forms the 6 Pillars and Starswirl manages to send the Sirens through a portal to the human world. They have their whole kerfuffle and go into limbo after planting a seed of harmony which grows into the tree of harmony which bears the elements of harmony. Discord shows up and spreads chaos across Equestria, which is lucky for the princesses since he's the least threatening as far as intentions go from the upcoming villains. The princesses find the elements of harmony, turn discord to stone, and it's uncertain who comes next but I'm going with Tirek who with his brother Scorpan had planned to steal all of Equestria's magic, but Scorpan decided he likes ponies according to the story, so he rats his brother out and the Princesses use the elements of harmony to defeat him and he's locked up in Tartarus. Meanwhile King Sombra has taken over the Crystal Empire which is an Equestrian Ally and since they've squared things away back home, the princesses can now help them. They use the elements of harmony to turn Sombra into smoke which I guess weakens him somehow and then they banish him under the ice of the frozen north but of course not before implementing his curse on the Crystal Empire, making it disappear with him. The princesses go home and they're celebrated with the dawn of a new era of peace, well one princess is at least because turns out it's difficult to be praised when your schedule is the polar opposite of almost the entire population. I think there's a bit more to it than that, but Luna doesn't feel appreciated and turns into Nightmare moon because if she won't recieve attention via love then she shall have it by fear, but first she needs to get rid of Celestia and what's this? She manages to use the element s of harmony on her own somehow. Oh well. Nightmare moon is banished to the moon and that's that. It should be noted that this all took place in a span of roughly 100 years.

And to answer the second part of the question, Celestia was pissing them off by being an obstacle to their goals.

• Brohoof 1