Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Hip Happenin' Birb

Alex Kay

(edited)

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

How did you find MLP Forums?

Word of muzzle

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

Discovered FiM in February 2011 from a friend of a friend, and loved it ever since. I've taken a few breaks here and there over the years after the initial rush of enthusiasm, but I've never stopped loving it and always find my way back.

Hello everyone! Alex Kay here~

I've been around the block as far as the fandom goes. Joined in Feb. 2011 and launched into it with gusto, eating up the episodes as well as as much fan work as I could stomach. Those were fun, heady days, but eventually the rush does wear off. Now, don't you worry, I still enjoy MLP, and I always will. I just feel like a bit of a veteran, now quietly enjoying and admiring it. Now, I may very well have such a burst again come G5 time, but we'll just have to see how that turns out, now won't we?

I enjoy music greatly, listening to a wide selection of genres. In a way I feel like a bit of a musicologist, since I often investigate the stories and the people behind different bands, genres, albums, and songs. In addition to practically devouring music with my ears, I also enjoy forays into literature, both reading and writing. As far as reading goes, I used to read lots of sci-fi/fantasy, but now settle for more general fiction, slice-of-life, drama, romance, and the like. I guess as I have grown I have lessened in my desire for wild action (in most media, and not just books) and settled in for something a bit more slow and methodical and relaxing. And in regards to my writing, I used to write reams and reams of poetry, developing a desire to do so in primary school English, and I stuck with all through my adolescence and into my adulthood. The muse hasn't been with me for a while, though, and only rarely shows its face. With the dropping-off of my poetry, prose has stepped in, and I have written a few pony fics in the past, and have toyed once more with writing something. And inevitably, if I write MLP, it's gotta have Chrysalis in it, because she's my favourite MLP character (<3)! And aside from all that, I enjoy some casual gaming, stuff like Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Phoenix Wright, and the like.

Anyway, that was a nice chunk of info there. TDLR: I like music, literature, and casual video games.

Hope to hear from you, and can't wait to get to know you all! Peace and love! Chirp!

-Hurri 

EDIT: TBF, not really a fan of the Mane Six in general at this point, so I removed that; I only chose it at the time because I thought it might be required for the post. If you give an option to choose other characters in the future, let me know! Chrysalis is my fav. <3

Edited by Alex Kay
Removed Mane Six "best" choice
  • Brohoof 8

(edited)

Welcome to the Forums, Highsong~! It's great to have you here! :grin: You seem to have quiet an artistic vision, my dude; something tells you you'll like Octavia's Hall~! 

Here's your very first brohoof, by the way~! :yay:

Regardless, I'm looking forward to speaking to you in the coming days~! Have a great time here! :catface:

Edited by Recherche
  • Brohoof 3

Yeah, if you find me in Octavia's Hall, it'll likely be sharing writing (if I ever get something decent hacked together, that is!)

And thanks for the welcome~ <3

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Hello and welcome! ^_^ I hope you coming on here, might spark that flame of your love for MLP again! Of course, that doesn't mean you have to be absolutely obsessed with MLP to be here or to have an amazing time here, it's just a nice thought and a possibility. :twi: I wish that you'll fully enjoy your stay here and have fun! :P 

Edited by Wannabrony
  • Brohoof 3

Welcome to MLPForums, @HurriHighsong! It's nice to see some older fans returning- that's precisely my scenario as well. Also, great taste in hobbies and best pony. ;)

Enjoy your stay. ^ ^

(edited)
10 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

Welcome to MLPForums, @HurriHighsong! It's nice to see some older fans returning- that's precisely my scenario as well. Also, great taste in hobbies and best pony. ;)

Enjoy your stay. ^ ^

Well, I wasn't sure if it would let me post without making a choice, so the six, Twilight is my favourite. I don't like that it forces the word "best" on me, though. I don't like that kind of divisive, superlative thinking, personally. No one pony is "best", but we all have those we like the most! Also, my choice would have been Chrysalis, but she's not one of the mane six. :/

EDIT: Deselected my choice

8 hours ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

Welcome to the forums, @HurriHighsong, I hope you enjoy your stay here!

How are you?

In a bit of discomfort at the moment, actually. Posted this after getting home from day surgery, and I've got something that has to stay inside my body in an uncomfortable place for a few days...yeah. :/

Music and chocolate and percocet and ponies are getting me through it.

Edited by HurriHighsong
Reflecting change from introduction post
  • Brohoof 3

6 hours ago, Shabb3r said:

Welcome to the forums, @HurriHighsong! Hope you enjoy it here!

FimFiction is always there for ya if you love writing about MLP. I've got one in the works featuring Silverstream riding a BMX bike.

Wow, she went from stairs to BMX pretty damn fast, LOL. Nice.

Yeah, I love writing mushy romance slice-of-life stuff. Definitely a shipfic kinda person. And it's either a crackship or a Chrysalis shipfic kinda deal. 

8 hours ago, Rikifive said:

Hello there!

Welcome to the herd and have fun! :) 

7 hours ago, Rhythm Red said:

Welcome to the forums! :) I also enjoy music, so I think we’ll get along just fine! :P 

Have fun making new friends! :D 

Yay, thanks all! <3

• Brohoof 4