Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate Announced for Nintendo Switch

The follow-up to Monster Hunter Generations will be releasing 28 August 2018. I'm a huge fan of the series, and I am very very happy to see this game released in the west, but I am a little bitter about having to buy a Switch now just to play it. That's very disappointing, but what can you do. 

Are there any other fans out there? Are you excited to finally get to hunt Valphalk?

I... honestly never played much of this series. :lie: I recall trying out a demo for one of the games at one point and thinking it was pretty cool, though. Maybe I should try to delve into the series from here... :ooh:

5 minutes ago, Recherche said:

I... honestly never played much of this series. :lie: I recall trying out a demo for one of the games at one point and thinking it was pretty cool, though. Maybe I should try to delve into the series from here... :ooh:

It's quite the time sink. Folks who get into Monster Hunter end up sinking hundreds and hundreds of hours into it, especially the Ultimate titles. But that's hardly something to complain about. I think the biggest put-off to some people are the controls. It can take quite a while to figure out how to play. Historically the games have actually done quite a good job of explaining how to use weapons, where to go, how to do things but it's an awful lot for a player to take in. 

I love them though. I'm not really much of a 'gamer' but there are some game series that I really like and Monster Hunter is one of them. ^ ^

Oh god they actually did it, I was thoroughly convinced they were just gonna skip this with the success of World, I'm glad people made a big enough stink for Capcom to take notice