Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Songs that you don't like that other people do

NothingIsEverything

What are some songs that you hate or dislike but everyone else seems to like for some reason?

I don't like Oasis' "Wonderwall". There's just something about it I don't like. I think it's the vocals. Same thing with a lot of British bands around that era is also why I don't like Blur's "Song 2".

I also don't like Bohemian Rhapsody. Overplayed to death and the lyrics don't make sense.

• Brohoof 3

I actually refuse to believe that there are people who like any of Lil' Pump's "music", but I guess even the most unbelievable things happen every once in a while. :D 

So yeah, my response is anything from Lil' Pump. 

• Brohoof 2

This used to be a huge problem for me. I wasn't familiar with electronic music in any way so when I first heard lady gaga it was just odd noise to me, and I used to not even like We are the Champions by Queen, and Don't Stop Believing by Journey. If it was new to me I didn't care for it usually for a long time and then some of it would grow on me.

The current song I don't like but a lot of people seem to is Thunder by Imagine Dragons. Pretty sure I'm not ever going to like it. 

• Brohoof 2

I don't like a lot of things by Twenty One Pilots, they're music just........... isn't my taste. One of the worst offenders is "Stressed out" I really don't like that song, but everyone else seemed to like it, it was all over the radio and everything 

I also don't like the song "Shape of you" by Ed Sheeran, the song is just dull and uninspired and the lyrics repeat too much, though everyone else especially the girls at my school seemed to go crazy in love over the song :dry:

• Brohoof 4

Right there with you on Bohemian Raphsody. It has been played to death and it really isn't that good. Decent at best, at least to me.

One song I personally never got the hype for is Pumped Up Kicks. Never found it entertaining or memorable. The presentation of the chorus is a tiny bit catchy, but that's about it for me.

• Brohoof 2

Anything by AC/DC. Let me be specific, i like the guitar riffs and the drums, but brian "I have sandpaper for a throat" Johnson's vocal style just irritates the hell out of me. I dont like Axl Rose's vocal style  either. The Bon Scott era of AC/DC is really the only ac/dc i like.

also, another song i hate thatt other people like is the one, the only, the overplayed trash, Despacito.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Mostly  today music and cover

You know like 

Rock music is dead 

Hip hop  rap and  fake Latin music  and pop  music is every where

Edited by Painset shimmercake is best
  • Brohoof 1

Everything played over the PAs of your local Home Depot, Denny's and super market. 

Also I do not like Guns n' Roses or Kid Rock. Both are awful singers and the lyrics are cheesy for the former and self indulgent for the latter. 

1 hour ago, Sylveon said:

Anything by AC/DC. Let me be specific, i like the guitar riffs and the drums, but brian "I have sandpaper for a throat" Johnson's vocal style just irritates the hell out of me. I dont like Axl Rose's vocal style  either. The Bon Scott era of AC/DC is really the only ac/dc i like.

also, another song i hate thatt other people like is the one, the only, the overplayed trash, Despacito.

I respect AC/DC, but they are a very overplayed band. Same with Nirvana. Not a bad band per say, but I'm sick of hearing them. Pretty much the whole Nevermind album has been played to death. 

• Brohoof 2

11 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Everything played over the PAs of your local Home Depot, Denny's and super market. 

Also I do not like Guns n' Roses or Kid Rock. Both are awful singers and the lyrics are cheesy for the former and self indulgent for the latter. 

I respect AC/DC, but they are a very overplayed band. Same with Nirvana. Not a bad band per say, but I'm sick of hearing them. Pretty much the whole Nevermind album has been played to death. 

Yeah, im not a big fan of those bands.

I used to have a fairly decent appreciation for pop music, but I've been having to drive my brother's car to school (since mine broke down) and he absolutely will not tolerate anything other than the one station it's always on. And I swear to god, that station plays the exact same processed, soulless bullshit every day. Every damn day I have to listen to goddamn Havana, Ride with me, and at least 3 fucking Justin Timberlake songs. It makes me want to die almost as much as school itself. Maybe, MAYBE there will be one decent song, then a week-long wait until they decide to mix it up again.

Not a fan of death metal or black metal... anything that sounds like it. There are plenty of genres of metal I like but yeah... The metal scene is ehh... If you don't look the part I've had many say how can you like metal you don't even look like a fan the genre. Yes... Ive had my share of encounters with elitist pricks and the like.

• Brohoof 1

Most of what Rassell has released except for Dzīvo Brīvi.

Also not a Bruno Mars fan. He's cute, but I don't really care for his music. > >

(edited)

Oh, there's a list that is very long. Just turn on a radio station of the "classics" and I'll dislike a lot of them, I'm afraid. Here's some off the top of my head, though:

• The Joker by Steve Miller Band - this song is simply atrocious. Like it's not that it just got annoying, it was bad to begin with.
  • Don't Stop Believin' by Journey - this song was okay, but it has just received too many plays and I'm sick of it.
  • Africa by Toto
  • Rosanna by Toto - this is just straight-up cheese, and not in a way that can be enjoyable. It's just really, really, really bad.
  • Oh Sherry - Steve Perry (it's just soooo bland sounding)
  • That Chameleon song by Culture Club (I don't even know what it is really called and don't care because it's terrible lol)
  • Walk Like an Egyptian by the Bangles (pretty much anything by the band is bad, but this one really takes the cake)
  • Down Under by Men at Work

I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them right now.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

On 10/05/2018 at 8:42 PM, Eccojams Vol. 1 said:

What are some songs that you hate or dislike but everyone else seems to like for some reason?

I don't like Oasis' "Wonderwall". There's just something about it I don't like. I think it's the vocals. Same thing with a lot of British bands around that era is also why I don't like Blur's "Song 2".

I also don't like Bohemian Rhapsody. Overplayed to death and the lyrics don't make sense.

Agreeing about Bohemian Rhapsody... most of Queen's stuff is a bit overhyped.

Personally, I think Beyonce is just annoying... (Her music, I mean. She's probably pretty cool, charity work and such. I just don't find her music interesting. sorry.)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

You mean the majority of all pop and rap songs? 
I also dislike the Beatles, I don't like Freebird (guitar solo is so long it bores me), I don't like "The Wall" by Pink Floyd, (I find it incoherent), Sublime, and the majority of Death Metal. And yes, I have to say, Bohemian Raphsody---makes next to no sense. And while I enjoyed David Bowe as a person, his songs don't really speak to me, like.. I just don't care for them. Not saying he wasn't talented... it just wasn't my thing. I enjoyed him... and his style, but not so much his music.
I don't like college rock, or hippie music, nor Alice in Chains, or Slipknot, or Korn. Marylin Manson is hit or miss, but I don't listen to him that much anymore; same with Alice Cooper. No thank you to Red Hot Chili Peppers or Nirvana as well.

Edited by Memento Mori

• 3 weeks later...

As a person who genuinely likes Prince as a person and artist, it still surprises me that I just don't like Purple Rain. I'm sorry, I just can't get into it.

And this is probably because I have bad memories connected to it, but I really hate the song "What a Wonderful World" sung by Louis Armstrong. I can't bear to listen to it without getting stressed and angry.

I'm the on of the biggest Classic Rock fanatics you'll meet, but I can't bring myself to like Bohemian Rhapsody either. So glad to know I'm not alone. :rarity:

On the Classic Rock note, I adore the Beatles and kinda devoted my life to them but Yellow Submarine is overrated (I think) and I can't smile and bop along to it with everyone else. 

Cool idea for a thread, by the way :twi:

• Brohoof 2

15 minutes ago, Lunar Glow said:

I adore the Beatles and kinda devoted my life to them but Yellow Submarine is overrated (I think) and I can't smile and bop along to it with everyone else. 

Same! I love The Beatles, in my opinion they're one of the best bands to have ever existed, and I love practically all their songs, but yeah that one "Yellow Submarine" it's just........ dumb. I don't like the lyrics, I don't like the tune, its just....... a bad song. Sorry Ringo :pout:

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...