Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media What were you a fan of the most before MLP?

FirePuppy

I was a fan of Kirby games before I became a Brony. My last Kirby game (and the best one ever for me) was Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition. Then one year later, in 2013, when I first heard about MLP more and more, I became a fan of that since then, and abandoned all Kirby games at that time.

• Brohoof 1

I was really big into Mario, like SUPER big into Mario, I used to dress up as Mario and run around the neighborhood pretending to be Mario. I had Mario movies, games, merchandise, I was a die-hard fan. But then as I got older, I kinda........ didn't really care for Mario anymore, and eventually I found my way to MLP and the Brony community, which is where I obviously still am today :)  

• Brohoof 2

I was a huge, HUGE Godzilla fan, and still am to this day! :yay: I own all of the movies, I'm already saving up for a few of the figures, I've played a ton of the video games... I just love this franchise for some reason, and have ever since I was 7! :squee:

• Brohoof 3

History regarding World War 2. I've since expanded to World War 1 the unification of Germany, and the state of Prussia, all of which I try to blend with ponies when I can.

• Brohoof 4

I wouldn't really say I was a definitive fan of anything specific, there were just things I enjoyed. Nothing more, pretty much. :D

Although saying that, I was always a fan of cinema. Always have had an appreciation for it, Hell, I always wanted to be a film director as a kid. I'd say some of my biggest influences at the time were Stanley Kubrick, Alfred Hitchcock, David Lynch & Martin Scorsese. 👌

• Brohoof 2

Just good high quality animation in general! I am still a fan of a lot of it and some I like more than MLP:FiM. I was (and still am) a fan of many animated movies, including Balto, TLK, HTTYD, The Land Before Time, etc. The list goes on and on. I mean I am still active on my accounts for the fandoms for those universes as far as forums and online stuff goes.

• Brohoof 1

I was a huge Thomas the Tank Engine fan growing up, building up boxes of Thomas merchandise and DVDs and whatnot.

Then during the same year I became a brony I became a huge Mario fan and... honestly would say that I'm more of a Mario fan (as well as Overwatch fan for that matter) now than I am an MLP fan but y'know.

• Brohoof 2

Grew up a dedicated Digimon, Sonic, and Thomas fan, with Card Captor Sakura on the side. Still major fans of them, although I don't participate in the fandoms themselves so heavily nowadays.

• Brohoof 1

Well That's an easy question. Before MLP, I was a Huge Kirby fan since Kirby Super Star and Kirby 64, but the games didn't die out on me and still being a fan of the games series and then Pokémon after that since 5th grade and then digimon till 3rd season has ended and then Hamtaro till it was off the air on cartoon network. I was still a fan of Mario and LoZ since around 1990s and both of these games series didn't die out on me.

Until I found out about MLP from the fan club in another forums I came from, I decided to do a quick look on the series by looking at the videos of it on youtube and I didn't abandon these series over MLP except digimon and Hamtaro as both of them died on me, but will live on through my memories. Probably I liked these series before MLP so probably I like these kind of adventures.

I was quite into DC comic related stuff, particularly Batman and the Animated shows.

But I wouldn't say MLP ever replaced anything for me. I have taken extended breaks from the MLP fandom to chill with the other fandoms I love.

• Brohoof 2

I was a really big fan of anime and Naruto before MLP. I was also a big fan of video games when it came to Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon and Super Mario Brothers, as well. In recent years, I'm not really that big of a fan in any of the things that I have listed. However, I still enjoy playing video games and watching Naruto. I'm also starting to watch a little more anime from time to time.

The Warrior Cat books for sure! I loved all the books and if it weren't for the latest books ticking me a bit I would still be a huge fan. Actually once I became a fan on the show I made a cat pegasus hybrid to show my love for both fandoms!

(edited)

MLP is really the only TV show I've ever gotten into. Before I just did car stuff, sports, and video games, all of which I still do. 

Edit: Wait I forgot The Dukes of Hazzard! :P I still love that show though.

Edited by Sliding Bolt

Minecraft definitely lol, i'm sure i'm not the only one who was addicted to Minecraft completely in their adolescence. I still enjoy it but not as much as i used to :( I don't even really play video games as a whole a lot anymore.

27 minutes ago, Sliding Bolt said:

MLP is really the only TV show I've ever gotten into. Before I just did car stuff, sports, and video games, all of which I still do. 

Edit: Wait I forgot The Dukes of Hazzard! :P I still love that show though.

Basically the same for me. I did however go from TV show to TV show until I settled in with MLP.

• Brohoof 1

I've been a fan of many things: Mario, Metroid, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Castlevania, the god damn Batman..... but I think my latest fanboyish just before ponies were Avengers Alliance, and Lords of Shadow  :huh:

(edited)

I loved Disney movies quite a bit (Tarzan, Bambi, Beauty and the Beast (1992 one), and others). Back in 2010 my family was a HUGE fan of the BBC's old show "Big Cat Diary". Every day after homeschool my mom and my sisters and I would watch it together. We literally never missed an episode because YouTube had all of them (don't you miss those old youtube days when hardly anyone gave a damn about copyright?)

Edited by Shabb3r