Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media What were you a fan of the most before MLP?

FirePuppy

Before MLP I liked cars, video games, meteorology, jamming out to rock and country music and was a fan of a bunch of 80s, 90s, and 2000s TV shows. All of these I still like to this day alongside MLP. 

• Brohoof 1

DC and any horror movie. I was reading Justice League and binge watching Friday the 13th and other classics until I knew where the most brutal scenes were in the movie. Even cosplayed as Jason Vorhees for a few parties and for Halloween. I love them all equally now, but if they could make a DC mlp horror genre crossover episode/movie/trilogy i wouldnt be mad.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

i'm still a big fan of A song of ice and fire and everything Brandon Sanderson writes(especially mistborn)wizard of earthsea and wheel of time were also a great part of my life,basicaly everything fantasy related i adore
but if we only talk about tv then rick and morty and berserk

Edited by lordvaltasar

I have been a huge fan of spongebob ever since it premiered when I was young. While after season 3 of so it fell apart, those few seasons are great. There is so much subtle humor that I find funnier now than I did when I was younger. 

Also been big fans of different game series for years, like Dynasty Warriors, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, rollercoaster tycoon and many, many others. Imma gamer first and foremost. :P

• Brohoof 1

I was a big fan of the TV show Avatar: The Last Air bender, I used to watch all the new episodes with my family when they came out. I didn't really like The Legend of Korra as much, I mean it was good, but not nearly as good as the original show was :please:

• 3 weeks later...

To be truthful... It was the sonic fandom. I am not proud of those days and can find myself cringing over it even now. This was probably back in 2009-mid 2013

Definitely Pokemon. It's still one of my most active fandoms and I still play every new gen when it comes out, though I'm not a big fan of the route they're taking with the latest games.

• TF2. I still would like to play the game again if I ever get a computer that can get good enough FPS. I used to be REALLY good at playing the Sniper, and I could run a pretty insane Demoknight, but around early 2017 I stopped playing the game and got into Paladins instead. I still watch plenty of TF2-related stuff.
  • Pokémon. Though I wasn't as big into it then, Pokémon was still one of my favorite things at the time. For some reason, the initial reveal for Gen 5 left a bitter taste in my mouth, but after a while I regained the interest I had before. Now I am wishing that at some point I can catch up on Pokémon, because I've still yet to play anything after Gen 4 (well except for the pathetically easy Elite Four from Pokémon X and Y. I borrowed it from a friend of mine for about an hour or so).
  • The Mario Franchise. I was introduced to the franchise through the Mario Kart games initially. I really liked those, so I got Super Mario Advanced and fell in love with the platformers as well. At the time, I had Super Mario 64 DS, Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, and Mario Kart DS all ready to play on my DS (My last Nintendo console, sadly). The games are so spectacularly crafted, and it is abundantly clear why the franchise is the most successful in video game history.

I loved all of the Batman animated shows from the 90's. I was a big fan (and still am) of the Justice League, Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons and games, and 007 games.

I was kind of an angsty 11-12 year old who was going through a "cartoons are for babies" phase, and I was to poor to afford video games, so not much really. Phantasy Star, Pokemon and Digimon were the biggest fandoms I was apart of,. I still love all of those but don't interact with the fandoms much anymore.