Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Keidran Love (with Kitsune*)

Sphinx-Ara

OOC Thread HERE

@Kitsune*

It was early afternoon in Edinmire, and the snow wolf known as Scarlet Avalon Rose Wintersoul, or Scarlet Rose for short, was sitting at the lake, her feet paws dipped into the water and her tail slowly swaying from side to side as she watched her two friends Natani and Keith spar. She smiled a little, seeing a few fish swim up to her.

Breaking off some bread, she throws it into the lake for the fish to nibble on. Sighing, she looks up and looked around, it was quiet, almost more so than usual, and she was starting to get bored.

After a few minutes, she stood up, straightened up her dress, which was of a light blue and a deeper blue trim, and started to walk back towards the tavern that she lived at.

• Brohoof 1

@Fenneko

Kitsune was growing tired, she had been traveling for a few days and really didn't want to sleep outside again tonight. She made her way up a decently sized hill and finally a tiny town came into view. She breathed a sigh of relief. She synched up her pack and kept walking. As she got closer to the town she could see more of it, it was actually a bit bigger than when she first saw it. 

She finally made it and started to look for a place to stay. Her stomach growled and she knew she was low on supplies. A sign swung in the breeze and it caught her eye. A tavern was just on the other side of the street and she decided to see if they had a spare room and some good food to eat. She had quite a bit of silver from her last few jobs, it would last her about a month so she could settle down and maybe get some work here for a bit. 

Kitsune walked into the tavern and noticed a decent crowd. She walked up to the bar and asked for some water. 

@Kitsune*

Scarlet Rose was at the bar by then and smiles with a nod, giving the stranger a glass of water <That will be one silver, please> she says, her long, soft, fluffy tail wagging slightly. She kept an eye around the tavern, her adopted mother Adira was busy tending to some of the regulars, some of her other friends were there and all in all it seemed it would be a prosperous day. <Can I get you anything else miss?> she asks, giving the stranger  bright smile.

Despite her usual shy and timid nature, whenever she was behind the bar, she put on a brave face and did her best to serve customers, and with her friends around to help protect her from any male Keidran or human who might want to try anything funny with her, she felt safe and happy.

• Brohoof 1

@Fenneko

Kitsune reached into her pack and pulled out her pouch of coins and placed one silver piece on the counter. "Thank you." She said as she reached for he glass, she took a long swig of the water before placing the glass back onto the bar. 

<Can I get you anything else miss?> she asks, giving the stranger  bright smile.

"Do you have anything to eat? Some rolls, sausage, peas and a turkey leg maybe?" She blushed at the amount of food that she had asked for. She took another drink of water and nearly finished everything in her glass, she quickly pulled out another silver piece and placed it on the bar. "Could I have a refill too please? It's been a very long last few days." 

@Kitsune*

<Of course miss, may I suggest our special? Either split roast or dragon fire roasted boar and deer, with some altered ale?> she says as she refills the water glass <if not, I can certainly get you the rolls, sausages and peas with a turkey leg> she says, still smiling, awaiting for the stranger's response. As she does, out of the corner of her eye, she could see her adopted younger sister Maeve, a rather cute and adorable but very shy snow leopard cub, coming up to her and hiding behind her tail.

With a soft smile and a gently pat on the head, she looks down to her "Something up little sis?" she asks in human, and Maeve nods, pointing to the stranger.

"Who is she?" she asks softly and shyly

• Brohoof 1

@Fenneko

"Oh wow, The Dragon fire roasted boar and deer with altered ale sounds amazing! I will take that!" Kitsune sat up straighter on her bar stool and her stomach growled so loud that the half of the patrons in the tavern heard her and turned their heads. 

She noticed the little snow leopard hiding, and she leaned over a bit and gave her a small smile.

@Kitsune*

"A patron dear, stranger to the village" she says and smiles, then looks up at the stranger <Of course, I shall get that for you, oh this is my adotped sister Maeve, she's incredibly shy and timid around strangers> she says with a smile.

Maeve was hiding behind Scarlet's tail, biting it gently "H-hello miss"

• Brohoof 1

@Fenneko

"Nice to meet you Maeve." Kitsune gives her a little wave. "And your sister is right, I just got into town. I was actually hoping that you all had a room available for a while and see if I can find some work." She sat there and nursed her water this time, so she could enjoy the coldness of it as it helped to cool her body. She opened her pack and pulled out some of her quills and parchment that she had been working on as she was traveling. She had been trying to finish a song for the last three months. She knew this one would be the one that would set her up nicely for a while. All of the musicians across the lands would be wanting to play this in plays, concerts, and even in the comfort of their own home. At least that is what she was hoping would happen when she actually finished it. She took out her violin as well and started to tune it, she was going to try and do a bit more writing once she found a place to stay. And she wanted to make sure that her violin was ready to play soon as she got settled in.

@Kitsune*

Maeve smiles and waves back before skipping off to help their mother Adira <Well you are in luck miss, we do have some rooms available> she says and goes to get a plate of the roast boar and deer along with the ale and soon returns <Here you are miss, split roasted boar, dragon roasted venison, mashed potatos with cheese, carrots and sweet potato, with a side of chips and an altered ale> she says, placing everything down, then noticing the violin <Oh you play music? I'm sure we can arrange a discount if you can play for us, provide our patrons some entertainment>

• Brohoof 1

Kitsune's mouth started to water as she started to smell the delicious meal. Her eyes widened as the plates were put in front of her. "This looks so amazing, I don't know if I will be able to eat it all, but I may try." She stopped messing with her papers, because the food came out quicker than she expected. Her ears perked up as she heard the pretty snow wolf say that there was a room available and about a possible discount if she played in the tavern. 

"Uhm, yeah, I do play." She blushed a bit before placing her violin back into her pack with her quills and paper. "I would love to play in the tavern for you and the patrons, I haven't actually played for others..." She grew a bit nervous..."But I am willing to give it a try." 

She picked up her fork and was about to dig in, "Oh, my name is Kitsune by the way. It is nice to meet you."

@Kitsune*

<Kitsune?> Scarlet asks with a wag of her tail <That's a pretty name, I'm Scarlet Avalon Rose Wintersoul, but Scarlet Rose is fine too> she says and leans on the bar <and I'm sure you'll do fine, the special is normally 5 gold and 25 silver, and a room is normally about 5 gold, but with your provision of entertainment, we can cut that down to 5 gold and 12 silver in total> she explains.

Kitsune nods in agreement as her mouth was full of boar. As she got it down and took a drink of the ale she replied, "Scarlet Rose, very pretty name. And I will take you up on that deal." She continued to eat until she couldn't eat anymore. She sat back with a smile on her face, she hadn't eaten like that in a long time. It was normally scraps here and there, no other tavern would treat her this well. 

She knew to stay away from the human villages, but when she was desperate she would set up just outside of the village and try to hide herself the best she could and would play the flute that she carried. It was easier to hide her hands in gloves and a hood on her head than having to have the violin tucked under her chin. She would play little tunes and she would get a few bronze pieces here and there. Some of the older humans took pity on her and would toss her a gold piece once in a while. Her last real show was at a fox village where she played for passers by, and she sold some sheet music to the local theater. She was still determined to go out and try to find someone, and something to call her own.

"That meal was so good, thank you so much. You have no idea how much this means to me." She said to Scarlet Rose as she watched her behind the bar. 

@Kitsune*

Scarlet blushes but then smiles <You are welcome, we work hard to ensure our guests feel welcome and appreciated> she says, wagging her tail slightly <We can have a hot bath drawn for you or..you can bathe in the lake, the water is quite lovely this time of year> she says and grabs a pack <I-I was just about go there myself, if y-you wish to join me> she says, picking up a smaller pack, that contained her own instruments and then waved to everyone as she made her way to the lake, looking around and then dipping her paws in.

She then reaches into her pack and takes out a lute, starting to play, she sings a beautiful yet haunting song:

• Brohoof 1

@Fenneko

Kitsune had a slight smile graze her lips as she saw Scarlet blush. She heard the snow wolfs offer to join her down at the lake. She thought it would be a nice idea. The tavern was warm and some cool refreshing water to soothe her muscles sounded grand. She quickly grabbed her things and started to follow Scarlet, she wanted to walk with her but felt like maybe she should go a bit further down the lake side than she was going so she slowed her pace to see where Scarlet would end up. As she watched she started to hear beautiful music. Her ears perked and she couldn't help but be almost hypnotized by the melody. She stopped just a few yards away from the wolf and as she began to sing, Kitsune's body shivered as she listened to the most beautiful voice she had ever heard. She quietly rubbed her arms as nearly every hair on her body stood on end with exaltation. 

She stood there just listening until her song came to an end. She made her way to the lake, "You sing beautifully." Kitsune blushes as she completed Scarlet. "I thought I would take you up on the offer to join you down here at the lake. If you don't mind that is." She gave her a soft smile.

@Kitsune*

Scarlet blinks and blushes a little <O-oh thank you miss Kitsune, it's something that comes naturally to me, like this magic> she says as a faint aura could be seen around herself and her lute <Mother says it has something to do with my birth parents, like from what she has told me, my mother was a tribal snow wolf and my father a high priest human, so my ability to use magic is natural and it just comes easily> she starts to explain <and of course, it's much safer and less boring in numbers, don't you think?> she asks, picking up her loot again, swishing her feet paws and the tip of her tail in the pristine waters of the lake.

She then picked up her lute again and begun to play

• Brohoof 1

@Fenneko

Kitsune listened to the song as she waded into the water. She had undressed mostly before getting into the water, she managed to pull off her under clothes and took her soap and washed her clothes as well as herself after her clothes were washed she managed to find a low hanging branch and made her way over to toss them up to dry. She made her way back down deeper in the water. She dove into the water and began washing her hair.  The water felt so good she decided to just relax her body and allowed the water to take her. She waited until Scarlet was done with her song. "You have such an amazing voice. And the magic that you emote is dazzling." Kitsune wasn't a stranger to magic, but it was the first time she had really been up close to witness it. She usually stayed far away from it because it was not something that she wanted to get mixed into. "I'm courious... I'm sorry if this sounds rude... but you said your father is ... human?" She had a worried expression on her face. Her experiences with humans were never kind, so she was curios that this beautiful snow wolf was somehow raised by a human. She didn't think it was possible. The village that she grew up in kept her very sheltered, that was until she had to leave. Then she experienced a world that was very different that what she had imagined. 

@Kitsune*

Scarlet nods “Mhm, well the s how mother explains my switching ability” she says “Apparently daddy was High Priest in some society, but from what she told me, he was really kind and loved my mother regardless of her being Keidran” she says wa sigh “o-oh and thank you, I do love to sing, I find it very relaxing”

• Brohoof 1

@Fenneko

Kitsune thought for a moment. "Do many others know about your abilities?" She was a bit hesitant, she wasn't wanting to push Scarlet to say anything that would make her feel uncomfortable. "I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions, you can just tell me to hush." She says playfully. She slowly made her way closer to shore. She starts to shake slightly to get some of the heavier water off of her body. She then brings her tail out of the water and shakes it a bit trying to fluff it up a bit, then using it to cover herself she goes to her pack and grabs a towel and her other pair of clean underclothes and her tunic and trousers. She didn't care much for wearing dresses like the other females. She had to make sure she could move quickly. She could feel the evening air grow chilly. She reaches for her cloak, draping it around her shoulders and putting the hood over her head. 

"Thank you for inviting me out here, that was a much needed soak, I feel so much better." She made her way over to her hanging clothes and collected them, folded them up and came back to place them in her pack. 

@Kitsune*

“Only mother and my friends, mother says I should keep it secret” Scarlet says as she too gets out of the water and shakes herself off before using a towel to dry off “you’re welcome, it was nice to have some company” she smiles sweetly at Kitsune “I’ll see about getting you a room, but if we don’t have any, my room h-has space”

• Brohoof 1

Kitsune was surprised that she was told such an intimate secret. “Oh wow. I won’t say anything to anyone. You have my word.” She pulls her pack up and over her shoulders. She waited for Scarlet and started to slowly make the journey to the tavern. 

“Oh, your room...? I mean, you don’t have to... I uh have some bedding...” She was trying to be gracious but was a. It nervous too. “Well, I will wait for you to check. And I would only stay in your room if you were okay with that. I can always make camp if necessary.” She fiddled with her hands as she finally reached the tavern. She held the door open. 

@Kitsune*

"It wouldn't be a problem, I sometimes have Maeve or even one of the others sleep in my room" she says "I jsut hope you don't mind I..I sometimes have night terrors" she says, picking up her bags and looking at her "and I wouldn't hear of you camping out, not in the current weather we're having. Despite us having fur, it's still pretty cold out at night" she says and smiles sweetly at her before leading her back to the Inn.

As she steps in, she looks at the key rack and shakes her head "Guess it is my room then," she says with a smile "Don't mind the animals, I have a few pets" she says with a soft smile, leading the way to her room.

@Fenneko

Kitsune watched as Scarlet made her way inside and checked for room keys. She let the door shut behind her and gave the snow wolf a smile. 

She followed her as they made their way up to her room. “Pets don’t bother me any.” She said. “I was hoping to work on some of my music, would you be okay with that? Just with my violin.” 

@Kitsune*

Scarlet smiles and nods "I should be okay with that, I might find it so soothing that my night terrors won't happen" she says with a soft smile and softly pecks her on the cheek. As they go into the inn, Adira drops a glass she was cleaning when she sees Kitsune with Scarlet. "Scarlet!"

Scarlet hides "M-mother! S-she's not like other foxes! I-I swear!"

@Fenneko

Kitsune felt her heart rush and her eyes widened as she felt the kiss on her cheek. She smiled and placed a hand where she had been kissed. 

She quickly came back to reality as she heard the glass drop. Everything happened so quickly after that. She saw Scarlet hide and Kitsune was wide open still standing in the doorway. 

“I... I uh...” was all that she could manage to get out of her mouth. She wasn’t quite sure what was going to happen next. 

@Kitsune*

Scarlet hugged her close "Mother, please, she's really different. W-we like each other a-lot, a-and she really likes my singing and playing" she explains.

Adira just sighs "You're old enough to make your own decisions, and you will always have a home here, I just hope you know what you are doing" she says as Scarlet refused to let go of Kitsune, nodding enthusiastically.

"I do mother, trust me" she says and then sees Natani go to them.

Natani crosses his arms "Hmmpf, so long as you're not associated with any half-fox/half-wolf hybrids who are extremely greedy, and so long as you don't hurt Scarlet, you're fine by us" he says before returning to his food and drink.

• Brohoof 1