Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Redemeption Love (with GodLovesPonies)

Sphinx-Ara

"Thank you Miss Scarlet." Sam gave a curt bow. 

He placed his backpack and coat next to the bed, eyeing the bed with fire in his eyes..

"Looks even better up here, I have to say. Never been in such a nice bedroom before. In a tavern, I mean." He fell onto the mattress, letting out a big sigh. "Ah, this feels nice."

@GodLovesPonies

"You're very welcome sir" she says, blushing a bit "We like to make sure our guests feel welcome and comfortable, remember if you need or want anything, I'll be just downstairs" she bows and scampers off to help downstairs.

After laying on the bed for a minute, Sam decided to take a bath before eating, then go to sleep for the rest of the day until daybreak. It most likely wouldn't work out that way, but he could only hope. He sat up and walked into the bathroom, took off his clothes and got into the tub. 

@GodLovesPonies

While all that was happening, Scarlet had finished helping at the Tavern and had decided to go out to the lake to watch the fish swim around and some of her friends spar while there was still some light. Dipping her feet paws into the lake, she sighs softly  and watches, wondering what the newcomer was up to.

"That is the most I've eaten in a while." Sam said to no one in particular. 

He had already dried off from his bath, ate pretty much all of his meal and was ready to pass out. For some reason though, his mind kept drifting to Scarlet. He didn't know why, but it was very obvious how.

After sitting for what felt like hours, he was finally able to drift off to sleep.

@GodLovesPonies

After it turned to evening, Scarlet got up from the lake, dried off her feet paws and went back inside. As she passed through the hallways to her door, she hummed a soft song as she passed Sam's room, and though she was humming it, it was a beautiful sound and could be heard through the doors.

The sound of humming woke Sam from his slumber. He glanced around, wondering where it was coming from, but the more he listened, the more he didn't care.

It was a very beautiful sound, rivaling that of his mother's singing. He closed his eyes, smiling at the sound. Sadly, as quick as it came, it faded away to quiet again, save for the commotion downstairs. Still half asleep, he yawned and went back to sleep. Although, as he drifted off, he could swear that more humming, even though it was very faint, was coming through the walls.

In his dream, Sam was sitting on the edge of a very steep cliff, staring off into the water below. Then, out of the corner of his eye, he saw something. Upon looking completely, he saw it was a shiny object further down the edge. 

He didn't know what forced him to start wanting it, but he soon found himself climbing down to get it. When he was almost about to grab it, his hand slipped and he fell down the cliff. The loud sound of his body tumbling down the side sounded like lightning, and he landed in the water. Surprisingly, he was fine and could clearly see under the water. However, when he tried to resurface, he didn't move. He looked down to see a chain on his leg, and on the other end was a large crate. His vision went blurry as he started drowning, then all went black.

@Yuu Xeno

Scarlet wasn't able to sleep, something was bothering her. Getting up, she decides to get into her nightgown and wonder the halls down to the lake. As she wondered through the halls of the tavern, and neared Sam's room's door, she felt a pang, and couldn't help but look in, she could see him tossing and turning "O-oh dear, night terrors" she says to herself softly.

She quickly made a run to her room, grabbed something and returned to Sam's room. She sat on the chair near his bed, took out a lute and begun to play it while singing.

Sam shot up, loudly gasping as if he needed air. He could feel the sweat on his face, along with the violent shaking. However, he quickly heard the sound of music and singing reach his ears, and almost instantly, he was calmed.

'Okay, just a dream...just a...dream' He trailed off as he saw who was making it.

It was Scarlet, in her nightgown playing a small lute. In the dim light, she was also singing one of the most beautiful songs he had ever heard. She was sitting in the chair next to the bed, playing her heart out.

@Yuu Xeno

Scarlet finished playing and saw that Sam was awake, she sighed in relief "Thank heavens you're awake" she says softly, placing her lute beside her "I couldn't sleep, and was going to go to the lake, but as I passed your room, I felt a pang and checked on you, you were having night terrors, s-so I...I did my ebst to soothe you" she says softly. There was a faint magical aura around the lute and even around Scarlet herself, it could jsut faintly be seen.

Sam sighed,"Ah, well thank you. I haven't had one of those in years, but I guess now they've came back."

He smiled,"That was very beautiful, where'd you learn to play?"

He pulled up the covers a little, trying to cover his chest as he didn't have a shirt on.

@Yuu Xeno

"I-it just sort of comes naturally to me, like this magic" she says, "Mother says it has something to do with my birth parents" she sighs softly "I don't know too much about my parents, just what I was told." she says softly and sighs a little "That my mother was a white wolf like me, but my father was a human high priest, both had strong ties to their ancestral past and their ancestors, hence my markings, and ability to use magic easily."

"Well, I'm truly sorry to hear that." He consoled. "I'm sure they meant well."

He smiled,"I wish I could use magic, it would make my life so much easier. I guess my parents didn't really care for it, as they didn't want any around me."

He glanced out of the window by the balcony, seeing it was now night.

"Well, it got dark pretty quick. I don't think I want to go to sleep again anytime soon, though." He laughed.

@Yuu Xeno

She nods "Apparently I have the powers of a powerful sage" she says and looks out the window "I-it is dark out, well..I was going to go to the lake, y-you can join me if you wish" she says, standing up, swishing her tail slightly, "While there are those who choose to use their magic for evil, I choose to use mine for good, such as to calm you" she says, picking up her lute and making her way out of the door. She turns around "I am glad I was able to"

Sam felt a strange feeling come over him, but as she left the room, he quickly called to her.

"I would be honored to join you." He said. "I'll meet you out front once I get ready, yes?"

He moved the covers halfway off and grabbed a dark blue shirt from his backpack and put it on, along with his boots, coat, and sword.

@Yuu Xeno

Scarlet waited outside the tavern for Sam to arrive, she just hoped that she could keep her emotions in check and that she wouldn't shift to human form while bathing, it would be quite embarassing.

As she waited, she fiddled a bit with her lute, as she felt being in water soothing and calming and loved to sing while in the lake.

After getting everything, Sam exited the room, locked the door, and out of the building. He saw Scarlet outside, messing with her instrument.

"I'm ready to go." He called to her. "I thought it would be...colder at night." 

He took off his coat, seeing as he didn't need it. He folded it around his arm as he walked over to her, glancing down to see if he remembered to put pants on, which thankfully he did. The one time that happened was...unpleasant, to say the least.

@Yuu Xeno

Scarlet smiles "Great, it's always safer in numbers, and more company means it won't get boring" she says, leading the way towards the lake, "Safer and less boring with someone watching out for you, don't you think?" she asks as they soon arrive at the lake, where some magic has made sure the water is always clean, fresh, clear and at perfect temperature.

After arriving, she gets out of her nightgown and slides into the water with a sigh, she closes her eyes for a bit and smiles "aah that's the trick"

Sam looked away out of respect as she undressed,"You're right. I learned that the hard way. Still can't get the mud out of my ears."

After about a minute, he turned back around to see she was in the water. As he looked over the water, he realized it was very beautiful. It was clear, crystal even. 

"This is a really nice spot here, shame I haven't seen it before." He asked while sitting next to her on the grass.

@Yuu Xeno

"We use some magic to make sure that is always clean and fresh for our guests who wish to bathe or swim in it" Scarlet explains, giggling a bit as she feels the fish swim around her, she dips a paw in and quickly grabs a fish, then begins to nibble on it "We also keep it well stocked of edible and non edible fish, the colorful ones are for looking not eating" she says, almost as if she was reminding herself.

Sam hummed as to agree. As she continued eating the fish, his mind began to wander. He really didn't know what to think about, it was just like his head was in the clouds. For some reason, he noticed his gaze would fall back onto Scarlet every now and again. Luckily, for him, she didn't noticed. Or, he hoped at least. He turned his head with a soft blush on his face.

'Pull yourself together, Sam. She's a Keidran.' His mind told him. It was like it had a voice of its own, and most of the time, it wasn't very helpful.

'What's that supposed to mean?' Sam questioned Hal, the name he gave his inner voice.

'Don't play dumb, you know what I mean.' Hal shot back at him.

He sighed softly,'Hal, I don't know why you're telling me this. Of course she's a Keidran, but does that matter?'

'Yes, it does. What would Ma say if she saw you talking to her.' Hal scolded.

'Just leave it be, Hal.' Sam commanded.

@Yuu Xeno

Scarlet smiled and could see the thoughtful look on Sam's face, with a tilt of her head, she would soon shift to her human form, as she was a shifter, due to her being both Keidran and human. She continued to nibble on the fish and flicked a lock of her hair from her face, She then uses her magic to incintegrate the bones of the fish to nothing and relaxes a bit more, leaning a bit more on the bank.

After the arguing with Hal was done, he pulled out his sword and examined the blade. It was a standard short-sword, but this one had a black engraving adorning the side of it, running from the tip to the handle, along with a gold band around the handle. To one, it was just a well made blade, but to Sam, it was a gift from his uncle, a blacksmith, before he passed.

He smiled at the memories of seeing it for the first time, and laughed softly at his reaction to it being for him.

He rubbed the blade carefully, reminiscing over the times he trained with it. It has never drawn blood, but Sam has always wished it would stay that way.