Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Redemeption Love (with GodLovesPonies)

Sphinx-Ara

As Sam walked alongside her, he noticed he forgot to mention something.

"Scarlet, do you remember when I said I was staying for a week or two when we first met?" He said. "Well, I was actually thinking of living here, or somewhere close to here. My brother, Henry, moved here a few years ago, and he always begged me to come visit. I just never had the time, but I finally gave in and decided to move in with him for a while, just to get a different look on life."

He reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a piece of paper. "This was the the letter he wrote before he...well, disappeared. I've been trying to find him ever since."

@Yuu Xeno

Scarlet nods "Yeah I remember" she says, looking at the letter "Hmm odd, did he say anything was up? How long ago did he disappear?" she asks "If this was about the same time as the war...then..Trace may need to investigate the Templar..or worse, slave traders" she says with a shudder "Was he the type to disappear often, or was this a sort of thing that took you all by surprise?" she asks, cuddling up to him as they walked back to the inn.

Sam handed her the letter,"Well, this one he sent was very odd. I mean, just look at his signature. I know you haven't seen it before, but just look at the way it's wrote."

He sighed, fearing that what she said about the slave traders could be right,"The letters are shakily written, like he was sitting over a tub of hot water about to be dumped in it."

"And no, he never even thought to step foot outside without asking. He was the good kid, better than I was growing up, actually. I was the one who got into trouble, and he would get me out." He chuckled, reliving the memories. "When he moved away, though, he said something that makes a lot of sense now than before."

@Yuu Xeno

"It is shaky" she says, looking at the letter, "I-I can try to see if..if I can conjure up a image of how hew as while he wrote it, but I don't know..I don't want to upset you" she says and looks at him "What was it that he said?" she asks, sighing a litlte and closing her eyes.

Sam sighed,"When I reach the mangrove, look to the sky and follow it. I should have told you it doesn't make any sense, not to me that is."

He smiled,"And as much as that would be helpful, I don't think it would work. See, Henry told me he couldn't understand any sort of magic, and he would go to great lengths just to stay away from it." He pointed to a small dot on the paper. "That right there is a sort of blocker, and no magic can change the shape, writing, or age."

Sam always knew Henry was one to over do, but this was something else. He would never go this far to make sure it arrived in the same condition as he wrote it in.

@Yuu Xeno

"That certainly is strange" she says then looks at the letter "I can understand why he would want to stay away from magic, after everything the Templar have done during the war" she states and looks up to the sky "But the mangrove and look to the sky? There's always a bright star shining above it, maybe he's trying to guide you?" she suggests and sighs, shaking her head "Well, now here's the question..my room or did you still want to pay for one?"

Sam smiled,"You know, I think I would enjoy sharing a room. It's been a while, and I think we're going to need all the money we can get, yes?"

He took back the note, folded it and put it back into his coat pocket, and put an arm around Scarlet as they neared the tavern.

"What about you? Do you have any idea where your parents could be?" He asked.

@Yuu Xeno

Scarlet nods "I have an idea, but..we have to ask Trace about it" she says, cuddling close to Sam" she nods once more "Alright, I just hope you don't mind my own night terrors" she says with a soft sigh, curling her tail around him and openning the door.

"Caleld it" Maddie says as she sees the two together, holding her paw out as Keith grumbles and puts a small amount of silver in her paw.

Sam smiles,"Alright, whatever you say. Let's get some rest, we'll start tomorrow and get everything ready." 

Then, Sam remembered something. "Do you know where the blacksmith is? If we're going to go on this adventure, as you put it, I'm going to need some armor. Nothing too fancy, maybe just some chain-mail and such. When I was making my way here, I ran into some trouble, but I got away without a scratch. I just would like to be safe than sorry."

@Yuu Xeno

"The blacksmith? Oh yeah, she's just down the road from the tavern, we can check it out tomorrow" she says and coers a yawn, nodding and leads him to her room "Oh, seeing as you're going to be sharing my room, you may as well collect your things and bring them in here" she says, walking in and leaving the door ajar for him "I'm just going to soak in the tub for a bit, I feel like some bubbles"

Sam nodded in agreement and broke off when his door came up. He took out his key and unlocked it, stepping inside. He grabbed his things, and was about to leave when he saw a flowerpot sitting on the table. He didn't know how he missed it, but that didn't matter. Inside the pot was a bundle of roses, and it gave him the perfect idea.

He carefully took one of the roses, and after deciding he had everything, exited the room, locked it again, and walked down to Scarlet's room.

@Yuu Xeno

Scarlet was laying on her back on her bed, which was definitely big enough for the two of them, plus any of her pets that want to share the bed with them. Scarlet sighed and closed her eyes, "I hope this thing lasts, I can't stand to have my heart broken, or to break his" she says to herself sofly, while then smiling as a kitten curled up under her arm.

Sam knocked a few times before entering,"It's me." He wanted to let her know before he barged in there. Before he went in, he hid the rose behind his back, but just enough so it wasn't too obvious.

Once stepping into her room, the first thing he noticed was just the overall feeling. It felt homely, like he was already living there. He smiled as he saw her already laying in bed, but first he put his things next to the table and went back to the bed. He took off his boots, shirt and belt, which seemed to become a routine for him now. He lightly fell onto the mattress, careful not to crush the rose.

He gave a yawn,"This is real nice."

@Yuu Xeno

Scarlet smiled "Hello Sam, it is really nice. Mother made sure I have a really nice bed and room. Before this..well lets just say that my sleeping arangements weren't all that comfortable, or nice even" she says and nuzzles him, her tail wagging happily. "So. what is that behind your back dear?" she asks, nuzzling himsome more.

Sam smiled pulling the rose out for her to see. "Ah, nothing. Just a rose, don't know why anyone would find it beautiful." His voice was laced with sarcasm.

He put it in her hair,"Take it out before you sleep though, that might be bad to wake up too."

He then wrapped his hand over Scarlet's shoulder, pulling her closer.

@Yuu Xeno

Scarlet couldn't help but smile and wag her tail "Hmm that's different, i was kind of expecting something along the line of "this beautiful rose, but isnt as beautiful as you" or something like that" she giggles and shakes her head with a giggle, kissing him softly and cuddling up to him, her tail swoon wrapping itself around him.

"Hmm, I'm not the romantic type." Sam joked. "Still, since you mentioned it, you are beautiful."

He smiled and closed his eyes, drifting off to sleep. Whatever was in store for him, he would be ready.

@Yuu Xeno

Scarlet smiles, gently taking the rose and placing it on her bedside table, holding Sam close and slowly drifting off to sleep. And for the first time in a long time, she slept rather peacefully and soundly. how-ever, she did have one minor nightmare and she got up to put on her robe and went out to the balcony.

Sam was still asleep, snoring softly every other breath. Again, he was dreaming about the cliff, but this time it was a much larger object he could see. Along with that, he fell once trying to grab it, but instead of hitting water, he landed on soft grass. As he explored, he found a cave which seemed to have a light from deep inside. The closer he got, though, the light began to fade. Soon, it was pitch black.

Scarlet looked back only to notice that Sam was having another night terror. Sighing softly to herself, she decided it was time again to play for him. She got her lute, tuned it a litlte and then begun to play for him, hoping it would calm him down like it did the last time.

On 5/19/2018 at 8:31 PM, Fenneko said:

Scarlet looked back only to notice that Sam was having another night terror. Sighing softly to herself, she decided it was time again to play for him. She got her lute, tuned it a litlte and then begun to play for him, hoping it would calm him down like it did the last time.

Although he was still asleep, the music Scarlet played calmed him down in no time. Soon, he was back to snoring, a bit of drool escaping his mouth. 

@Yuu Xeno

Scarlet sighs in relief asshe sees him settling down, and soon puts her lute down and climbs bak in bed with him. She cuddles up to him, coiling her soft, fluffy tail around him "sleep well love" she says softly and nuzzles into him.

On 5/22/2018 at 6:29 AM, Fenneko said:

@Yuu Xeno

Scarlet sighs in relief asshe sees him settling down, and soon puts her lute down and climbs bak in bed with him. She cuddles up to him, coiling her soft, fluffy tail around him "sleep well love" she says softly and nuzzles into him.

The next morning, Sam opened his eyes and let out a large yawn. It lasted for a good five seconds before he sat up. Upon doing so, he felt Scarlet still holding onto him. He smiled and carefully tried to wake her up. 

"Scarlet, wake up." He put a hand on her shoulder, shaking slightly. "It's time to start getting ready."

@Yuu Xeno

Scarlet slowly opens her eyes and stretches "Mmm you had another night terror last night" she says sleepily "Is there a common theme to them?" she asks, nuzzling him and wagging her tail before getting dressed.

35 minutes ago, Fenneko said:

@Yuu Xeno

Scarlet slowly opens her eyes and stretches "Mmm you had another night terror last night" she says sleepily "Is there a common theme to them?" she asks, nuzzling him and wagging her tail before getting dressed.

Sam blinked a few times. "I did?" Then, the realization hit him.

"Now that you mention it, yes. The last couple of nights, I was falling off a cliff trying to grab something. This time, though, I was in cave. There was a light at the end, but the closer I got, the farther it went away." He scratched his beard a little. "I don't know what they're on about, sadly."