Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your thoughts on anime?

Thorgir the Mighty

Not to offend anyone, but...ahem....ANIME IS STUPID!! :eww:

I have tried to get into it....but I never can. I'll never understand why so many people go gaga for it. Ok ok..I will admit there is a couple anime movies I love. Ponyo, and Howl's Moving Castle. They're both two of the best movies I've ever seen. 

• Brohoof 3

Okay, we've had our fun! Let's get this back on topic now!

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I have tried to get into it....but I never can. I'll never understand why so many people go gaga for it. Ok ok..I will admit there is a couple anime movies I love. Ponyo, and Howl's Moving Castle. They're both two of the best movies I've ever seen. 

*several people are typing*

Just now, Royce said:

Right, like I stated above, I don't believe anime is satanic, so let's just pump the breaks before we start some sort of conflict.

*sigh...* fine.

Also, to be clear, I'm not Satanist, I just dabble in the lore of it.

But I am a witch, I wasn't joking about that

56e77134e4cf8f646c4f445f485d9bd0.jpg.07e043340f2a1fae4e1694ba8d143068.jpg

2 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

Okay, we've had our fun! Let's get this back on topic now!

Oh crud, sry bout that. Just saw this

5 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

OMG I LOVED PONYO!!! ¦D

1 hour ago, Royce said:

Sure, let's take DBZ.

The Bible tells us that Satan fell from Heaven as a dragon to the earth, and his aim is to deceive as many people as possible. In Japan, the dragon is worshipped, hence the reason why DBZ shows the dragon that grants you wishes. Listen to the intro of the opening theme song, and you’ll hear that the “dragon” name is emphasised more than 10 times.

The 666 symbol, a sign and number of the beast, when Goten lifts the car that’s driven by Videl and Gohan, is also shown in DBZ. Videl means devil when it’s rearranged. In the Buu saga, which was my favourite saga of all time, witchcraft dominates the majority of the episodes. In the final fight between Goku and evil kid Buu, the citizens of earth chant “Satan, Satan, Satan,” when they’re sending their life energy to Goku’s spirit bomb.

No offense, but by that logic, MLP FiM is also satantic.

• Brohoof 2

59 minutes ago, Celli said:

No offense, but by that logic, MLP FiM is also satantic.

Maybe we're all Satan lovers.

Anime's fine. I make jokes in private about people who watch it here and there, but really I have no problem if somebody likes Japanese animation. 

Though I really liked Cat Returns and Spirited Away when I watched them.

I used to watch a lot of anime, but I kind of lost interest. I don't mind it, but it's not a huge priority or anything.

22 hours ago, Nightmare Terror said:

So i was wondering to myself,”Why is anime so popular,yet so weird and cringey?

-you and everyone else who's never watched anime

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Nightmare Terror said:

The cringey and weird anime (to me at least) are the ones about love,gaypride,and stuff like that

So like romance anime and that kind of stuff? How is that any weirder than western romance shows?  

Also, how is romance anime more cringey and weird than one punch man? 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Nightmare Terror said:

Also I hate romance shows,if they are in a certain show I like,either I skip it or leave the room and come back

Right, but isn't it kind of unfair to call something cringey and weird simply because it doesn't appeal to your taste? 

Edited by Yamet
  • Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Nightmare Terror said:

It’s fair

Not really. I mean, I'm not terrible fond of the noire genre, but that doesn't make that genre weird or cringey.

5 minutes ago, Nightmare Terror said:

also I don’t see how people can watch two CARTOON CHARACTERS getting it on!

That’s why I hate anime!

Not all anime contains that kind of stuff so it's hardly fair to judge the entire medium on that aspect. 

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, Royce said:

There's little clues all over the place...

I can sense it.

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/anime-is-a-tool-of-satan.7564454/

No offense, but christianforums i dont really consider a reliable source.

these are the same people who went after minecraft for crying out loud (in case you want a link, here you go https://www.christianforums.com/threads/minecraft-santanic.7919067/#post-68901107)

so, you can belivfe what you want, however i dont belive in citing biased forumboards as reliable sources of information.

45 minutes ago, Sylveon said:

No offense, but christianforums i dont really consider a reliable source.

these are the same people who went after minecraft for crying out loud (in case you want a link, here you go https://www.christianforums.com/threads/minecraft-santanic.7919067/#post-68901107)

so, you can belivfe what you want, however i dont belive in citing biased forumboards as reliable sources of information.

Of course it's reliable. Breitbart told me so.

Im not going after minecraft,nor im saying anime is Satanic.(some may be though) and i hate anime with a passion,now i dont know how you can stand a couple of guys getting it on,or women in diapers (oh gosh that hurt my stomach typing that) you can enjoy it im not gonna judge you.But as for me im going to watch an action flick or something

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Nightmare Terror said:

Im not going after minecraft,nor im saying anime is Satanic

Alright, don't really see how this is relevent because nobody has accused you of doing so but whatever. 

6 minutes ago, Nightmare Terror said:

now i dont know how you can stand a couple of guys getting it on,or women in diapers (oh gosh that hurt my stomach typing that) 

I also don't see how this is relevant at all, because as I said previously not all anime contains that kind of stuff so it's unfair to judge the medium as a whole based on the ones who do.  

Well i hope you’re not the “over obsessive” ones

and yes i know only some have those in it.

i just dont know why (to some) its weird and cringey. *mumbles* maybe its because I haven’t heard Japanese language before

My thoughts on anime? I guess it's all right, I don't watch any myself, I've tried...... but I just can't really get into it. If you want to watch a cartoon that's usually not even in English, then go ahead, be my guest! 

But in all actuality, I don't have anything against anyone who does watch anime, it's just a show genre that I can't seem to get too interested in. The only anime I have ever actually watched all the way through and liked was Spirited Away, but besides that one, there's never been another one I've ever really connected to or liked.